Best Looking Plane: Piston Fighters of DCS WW2

Best Looking Plane: Piston Fighters of DCS WW2  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Best Looking Plane: Piston Fighters of DCS WW2

• Spit

For me personally it's a tie between the 109 and Spitfire, for different reasons each. The 109 has that angular mean look to her and the Spit has the graceful lines.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Nice looking model there Isegrim.

Your own work??

First time I saw a Sea Fury down at Nowra I was blown away.

That thing just ooozes powah!!!!!!

Oh and almost forgot... La-5 series

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

8 people really think the P-47 is beautiful? Though I suppose in this world where is some countries 50% of the population are obese, an obese plane might be considered. Honestly? I'd never ever have imagined anyone could choose that over any other of it's period. It looks like it should be hauling freight, not dogfighting! The P-38, well, it has far too many bits. 2 engines? 3 fuselages - the camel of the air if ever I saw one!

To me though, the Spitfire is in a league of its own when it comes to elegance. And of course, it didn't have to undergo a fundamental redesign and have a borrowed engine to turn it into a decent fighter.

The 109 and 190 are definitely Teutonic, and yes, I can concede that they have purposeful lines, but shark like? really? Aesthetically, they are mere shadows of the Spitfire, which like all good design - is the perfect blend of form, function, and style. That push me pull you thing - let's not even go there!

Edited by NeilWillis

8 people really think the P-47 is beautiful? Though I suppose in this world where is some countries 50% of the population are obese, an obese plane might be considered. Honestly? I'd never ever have imagined anyone could choose that over any other of it's period. It looks like it should be hauling freight, not dogfighting!

Getting hit by 20mm cannon fire, having pistons flopping around because the cylinder was blown away, flying through trees... And still getting your butt home in one piece??? Yeah... I call that beautiful!!!

P-51's...and I guess Spitfire's are nice for shining up and taking out to Air shows and such...

P-47's have their own beauty... Caked on mud... Worn paint... Busted rivets... Roughed up kind of beauty. But the P-47 ALSO has nice elegant curves in its wings and tail too.

I guess it's kind of like how some people like sports cars while other's like pick-up trucks.

Plus that huge radial engine creates lots of real estate for pin up girls.

Sooo.... Yeah... I think Jugs are beautiful...

I like Jugs!

I like the pick up truck/sports car analogy too. I definitely fall into the sports car camp, small, light, cornering on rails, ultra low power to weight ratio (280 BHP per Tonne) wins every time for me.

2005_0312_134851AA_zpsb524fe09.jpg' alt=

Shame the same couldn't be said about me!

Edited by NeilWillis

Here's my Ford SVT Lightning....

3D9F48B1-27B8-4E20-830F-3682167ACF02_zpsycqqwz2a.jpg

It came stock with a supercharged 5.4L V8 that made 380hp..... But I rebuilt it with better rods and pistons, and put a bigger 2.3 liter Whipple supercharger in it. It's on a mild 550hp tune while I break in the new motor. Once that's done I'll swap pulleys to spin the supercharger harder. I'm hoping to make 700hp once the motor is broke in.

I built it to beat corvettes down the 1/4 track. I want to be able to tow someone's car to the track... And then beat them!

In the foreground is my little Parkzone P-47. Best little RC airplane I've owned! I changed the paintscheme to "Kwitcherbitchin." It's a real WWII paintscheme.

Anytime the wife's nagging gets too much to handle I load up my planes and go burn a few batteries out at an old vacant field!

Pfft don't ride motorbikes can't really talk about performance......

Neither of those is gonna pull your arms out of its sockets.....

Enjoy the delusions of performance....

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

The Spit and the P-51 are true elegance in the air but I like a war-machine to look mean. I like radials but am torn between the 190 and the Jug.

The Jug looks like it should not fly even, with that huge prop, it just looks like a tub with wings, but knowing what I know I would boom n zoom the hell out of it.

That being said I voted for the 190, always been my favorite. What a sight it must have been when the RAF first dueled with them.

Nice looking model there Isegrim.

Your own work??

First time I saw a Sea Fury down at Nowra I was blown away.

That thing just ooozes powah!!!!!!

Oh and almost forgot... La-5 series

Uhm....:huh: No .....I didnt realize its a model...:music_whistling: But still really photoworth.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Motorbikes are great in a straight line, but I can keep my speed much higher in bends, so what I lack in out and out speed I make up for in far more telling ways. Did you ever see the MotoGP bike versus the F1 car?

Truth be told, it doesn't matter what your preference, as long as you have a passion for your toys. You just gotta love them all I guess.

Sorry but you earned that one. ;)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+jug

http://www.thejugmiddletown.com/ordereze/default.aspx.

Ahm Sobek i have done that before and matched exactly things like here above this line. It was NOTHING leading me to a WW2 plane.

Thats why i asked.

And a simple: hey its a A-20...... is ok than ;)

Ok its a P-47

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom