DCS Bf 109K-4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on a great german resource (deutscheluftwaffe.de) no Cockpit Picture of Serial producted 109 K is available.

The only known Cockpit Pictures are pre producted 109 k and a emergency landed 109.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLVVRAN48Rc

On the DCS build variant we have two Switches for the Werfergranten21 (Rocket-Tubes), one for Arming the second one for Switch between Mk-108 and Wfr.Gr.21.

The BF-109 Manual says for Production variant the Switches are canceled ("Entfeinerung" spare Parts and no longer needed)

question what is now correctly?109K-4Layout.jpg

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The DCS 109K4 page is up, and I don't know if someone already realized that the 3D model section is showing "3D model of Fw 190 D-9" instead "3D model of Bf 109 K-4":thumbup:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/kurfurst/#826067

By the way, nice job one more time ED, can't wait for these module too.:joystick:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

What did you mean by HUD box?

I do notice that the cockpit frame of DCS K4 is different from the drawing posted above.

It can be clearly seen from

(at around 0:22).

The A pillars are tilted inwards at the joint points with the dash board. But it's the opposite in the drawing.

And the side boards are tilted way too outwards. This makes the cockpit quite roomy, which is not correct.

The cockpit of DCS K4 reminds me of the K4 in IL-2, because it has all its (false) characteristics .

The most correct modelling (structure-wise) of the cockpit of Bf 109K-4 I've ever seen is the K4 created by Flight Replicas for FS 2004:

messerschmitt_034.jpg

Just some random picture of a guy testing electricity in the 109G cocpit, but I abolsutely love it.

Hundreds of other nice 109 pictures at to kill time until November :)

Marc-André Haldimann

109G_wnf.png.cefa41685b19c3d8d4436a786aafa174.png

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

It could mount 20mm gondolas though. It would need be checked if the firing scheme could be altered during flight, iirc it could be but I would not say it for sure before checking the manuals.

In any case there were two fire triggers and iirc the default setup was fuselage (108+131s) guns mapped for the MG muttons and and wing guns (2cm cannon) on the cannon button.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Some books even say that all K4's were delivered with MG 151/20 wing cannons. I think i've never seen any pictures of K4 with wing cannons tought.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The K-4 was not fitted with a 20 mm nose cannon.

i read that some Pilots switched back to the 20mm because of her better muzzle velocity, accuracy, ammo mount, rof and recoil.

Same with Galland, he was the first with two 13mm instead of the 7,92 and that in an e version of the 109. So individualising the plane was a big thing with the 109

I think Galland preferred to fly Emil for a while longer for quite the opposite reason, he wanted to keep 2 x 20mm guns, even with their low muzle velocity and low rate of fire. Back then, new Bf-109F which he didn't exchange his Emil for, still had the 7.92mm cowl guns instead of 13mm ones.

Back when I was flying Il-2 series a lot, and was better in gunnery, I could snipe engine or cockpit with fairly regularish consistency with 109F and G-2, which had one high velocity motorkanone and 2 x 7.92. I never quite liked 13mm on that title, and so far with Dora in DCS when I deplete 20mm it feels almost as good as I'm out of ammo, especially more so for air to ground. Though, seeing how difficult it can currently be to damage aircraft, I don't think rifle caliber weapons would go a long way here before revamping of damage system.

VEAO has on their roadmap Emil, Hurricane and potentially early Spitfire versions, which either has, or completely rely on rifle caliber machine guns for armament, I wonder how will it look whenever they release :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

MK 108, MG151/20, wing pods, I don't care. As long as I'm flying a Spitfire it's all good. 2 Hispanos are fine with me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

I think Galland preferred to fly Emil for a while longer for quite the opposite reason, he wanted to keep 2 x 20mm guns, even with their low muzle velocity and low rate of fire. Back then, new Bf-109F which he didn't exchange his Emil for, still had the 7.92mm cowl guns instead of 13mm ones.

There's more than likely another reason Galland preferred the 2 20 mm cannon of the E to the single weapon of the F.

The MG 151/20 didn't arrive until the F-4; until then the F's were armed with either the MG FF/M (F-1) or the 15mm MG 151 (F-2). While the 15mm ammo had a higher muzzle velocity than that of the MG 151/20, the MG 151 didn't have the destructive Minegeßpatrone shells that could be fired by the MG FF/M & MG 151/20: (from MG 151 & 151/20 weapons manual)

MG15115amp20Weaponshandbook_zps33972810.jpg

MG15115amp20Weaponshandbook15_zps7e23fb49.jpg

MG15115amp20Weaponshandbook16_zpsdf844f9b.jpg

Well that was what I was saying actually, instead of higher rate of fire and muzzle velocity, he opted for more destructive potential, even with disadvantages like MG FF/M having low muzzle velocity, low rate of fire and being staggered in wings instead of centered around the nose :).

I know that MG 151/20 didn't come until 109F-4.

I guess we can also add to MG FF disadvantages that, they were carrying quite a low ammo reserve.

I am getting rusty with my WW II armament knowledge though, while it is a bit off topic here, I wonder if outer wing MG FF in Fw-190A were replaced with MG-151/20 for later mark Antons or not?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I am getting rusty with my WW II armament knowledge though, while it is a bit off topic here, I wonder if outer wing MG FF in Fw-190A were replaced with MG-151/20 for later mark Antons or not?

Yes, in some model they were removed completely, and if I'm not mistaken the A-7 introduced outerwing MG151's, along with the A-8 that also had replaced the outer wing MG151's with Mk 108's in dedicated bomber-destroyers.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]