The All Things Combined Past Release Date Discussions

statrekmike

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this info was to be posted with the next dev update coming ASAP.

A point release of 1.2.9 is now the target version for a full release of the DCS: MiG-21.

A closed one for fu-,.... Eh please? :argue:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

WOOHOOO! Not long now chaps!

What makes you think that.

1.2.9 is the current version BUT there will be no 1.3.0 according to ED, they are going to 2.0.0 (EDGE) which could be months away.

Which means that 1.2.9 could be the current version for quite some time.

Also , remember that LN did not say it was going to be released with 1.2.9 anymore than they said it was going to be released with 1.2.8, only that they were 'planning' on that

What makes you think that.

1.2.9 is the current version BUT there will be no 1.3.0 according to ED, they are going to 2.0.0 (EDGE) which could be months away.

Which means that 1.2.9 could be the current version for quite some time.

Also , remember that LN did not say it was going to be released with 1.2.9 anymore than they said it was going to be released with 1.2.8, only that they were 'planning' on that

Latest info afaik:

A point release of 1.2.9 is now the target version for a full release of the DCS: MiG-21.

And also, it might not, so all we know is that MiG21Bis MAY be here sooner than we thought.

Here's a little hint for you all...

There will be an announcement from Leatherneck when they know the release date. If they're not sure themselves yet, just where do you think all your speculation is getting you?

You'll know it's about to be released when there is an announcement to that effect. This announcement just stated it will be during the current release of DCS World, namely 1.2.9. It did not say that this would be soon, and it did not say that 1.2.9 will be around for a long or short time. It just said it will be released in 1.2.9.

Any confusion about their statement still? Anyone here think they know more than Cobra does at this stage?

OK, I'm glad we got that cleared up!!!

The target was March, then May-June, then 1.2.8, then 1.2.9.

I think we must wait until the Mig-21 gets released and just enjoy all the great things we already have in DCS.

We have plenty of it right now

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I will agree that patience is a virtue, that is not really up for debate.

however (as I keep saying on this topic), the MiG-21 is kinda a special case now, a lot of folks here have been very loyal to this project for a long time now, as the release gets closer and closer, anticipation will go up respectively.

With anticipation comes a little bit of understandable impatience and since this project has appeared to be close to release before, the anticipation becomes even more understandable.

What I am saying here is that the MiG is a pretty big deal for a lot of us here, these past few months have felt like waiting for Christmas day as a kid with all the impatience that can come with that, lets not be so quick to dismiss it and just say "it will be here when it gets here" as a way to silence that anticipation.

After much praying, hoping, begging for a sign of the MiG-21 release, The Lord himself shalt say;

"Soon"

And those that pray and hope and beg shall say; "well bugger that I'll get the sabre"

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

Latest info afaik:

They also said 1.2.8 was going to be the point release, so the 1.2.9 announcement is not set in stone and as others have said, 1.2.9 could be the latest release for months.

And don't also forget that Cobra himself said just before going on vacation that the module was 'DONE', but now we find out that they are still adding 'stuff' or fixing stuff or adjusting stuff (damage model, critical bugs).

There was also supposed to be a 'meatier' update coming as well, I haven't seen it but I suppose I might have missed it, along with the 'plenty of videos'

Edited by Mode1961

After much praying, hoping, begging for a sign of the MiG-21 release, The Lord himself shalt say;

"Soon"

And those that pray and hope and beg shall say; "well bugger that I'll get the sabre"

Lol, personally the Sabre can't hold a candle to the MiG-21, a MiG-15 wold be awesome but that's looking unlikely at the moment.

They also said 1.2.8 was going to be the point release, so the 1.2.9 announcement is not set in stone and as others have said, 1.2.9 could be the latest release for months.

And don't also forget that Cobra himself said just before going on vacation that the module was 'DONE', but now we find out that they are still adding 'stuff' or fixing stuff or adjusting stuff (damage model, critical bugs).

There was also supposed to be a 'meatier' update coming as well, I haven't seen it but I suppose I might have missed it, along with the 'plenty of videos'

The update is in the EDGE Screenshots thread, posted by Rudel.

There isn't much to write at the moment.

But you know, just keep drinking the kool-aid.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You have lost me there. Since I've seen Mig-21Bis EDGE screenshots I know I won't have fun flying this thing in the earlier versions of DCS World and I won't even try.

• Like 1

You have lost me there. Since I've seen Mig-21Bis EDGE screenshots I know I won't have fun flying this thing in the earlier versions of DCS World and I won't even try.

Don't fly it then :)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

What's the big difference?

Hmm..:huh: good question. I really don't know. Maybe the number of version?

But seriously what's the big difference between these two? And which one do you prefer to fly? Can you see the difference?

That would be a good analogy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=65246&d=1335932063

attachment.php?attachmentid=101453&d=1406068007

But seriously what's the big difference between these two? And which one do you prefer to fly? Can you see the difference?

I think he was talking about the difference between the new rendering engine (EDGE), and the old. Not the new MiG artwork compared to the old, as you posted.

attachment.php?attachmentid=65246&d=1335932063

attachment.php?attachmentid=101453&d=1406068007

Everybody wants to fly in 2.0.0 - for better graphics, better performance, maybe even additional World features - no question. But to conversely not wanting to fly in an earlier version seems ... far fetched - for most of us, I would think. Just taking the aircraft as such into account, all what 2.0.0 offers is a bit better looking cockpit perhaps? All functions, all physics, all avionics everything related to what the aircraft makes it special, is the same.