Interview with Leatherneck Studios

Count Sessine

LOL - Right - Sorry, no more hints.

Never in a million years would I have expected that. :P

Believe it or not; you who visit or read the forums are in the minority and the most dedicated community wise, there is no reason to "troll" you.

I lied, one final hint to solve the last one: Affine.

Ey Cobra, you can continue trolling us, but bring the f-14 or.. :mad:

:megalol::joystick:

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So deciphered it reads "Calverton" , which is where Intruders, Prowlers, Hawkeyes and Tomcats were built ! Really nice one Cobra ! I had already run it through some online decoders, but they didn't have this one.

I loved this thread, it was great fun and beat the hell out of hearing nothing. Those who didn't like it just could've opted to not read it and wait for official announcements.

Well, thanks Cobra and Rudel for the hints and everybody else for playing ;-D

Never in a million years thought I'd see a meltdown over a developer giving us hints and having some fun with the community. Don't enjoy it? Don't click to enter the thread, no one is forcing you to read the hints or partake in the speculation.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So deciphered it reads "Calverton" , which is where Intruders, Prowlers, Hawkeyes and Tomcats were built ! Really nice one Cobra ! I had already run it through some online decoders, but they didn't have this one.

Well done :)

I loved this thread, it was great fun and beat the hell out of hearing nothing. Those who didn't like it just could've opted to not read it and wait for official announcements.

Well, thanks Cobra and Rudel for the hints and everybody else for playing ;-D

Sorry but this just doesnt cut it. Im a lurker on these forums but I registered so I could reply to this, you are making this up arent you? How did you arrive at "Calverton" when the original encoded message is 14 characters (or 13 depending on if you include the question mark) and "Calverton" is only 9 characters long?

Please, could you post your method of arriving at this solution since it apparently has nothing to do with Cobra's method of encyrption (if indeed it is a method and not just another clue)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

A7b3 seems to be the descryption key... Or am i wrong?

Ah ok, that makes sense I guess. Thanks.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

So its either the Hawkeye, or the Tomcat. Since those two were not operated by the Marines, and were built at Calverton. :)

I just realised it could also be this little known plane:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_F-11_Tiger

Edited by OnlyforDCS

F-11 Tiger. Kind of underwhelmed. But Im 99% certain that's the plane they are going to build.

Life is so much easier when you actually don't care which aircraft someone is building next. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

F-11 Tiger. Kind of underwhelmed. But Im 99% certain that's the plane they are going to build.

Why's that?

Things that point against the F-11: VF-101 Grim Reapers didn't fly it (first avatar hint from Cobra). It doesn't have the radar that Cobra used/pictured in another avatar of his. "Goose", his current avatar, obviously didn't use the F-11 in Top Gun. The "F-4 is missing a digit" hint doesn't line up. And I'm not sure anyone would've expected the USMC to use the Tiger.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Why's that?

Things that point against the F-11: VF-101 Grim Reapers didn't fly it (first avatar hint from Cobra). It doesn't have the radar that Cobra used/pictured in another avatar of his. "Goose", his current avatar, obviously didn't use the F-11 in Top Gun. The "F-4 is missing a digit" hint doesn't line up. And I'm not sure anyone would've expected the USMC to use the Tiger.

I agree it doesnt all line up with some of the hints. Hints aside, the only sure facts we are certain of is that marines did not fly it. And that it was made in Calverton. All the other hints point to the F14, but these are all circumstantial, and could be a wild goose chase. (Pun intended :) )

Also the Marines flew every single other figther plane by Grumman, except for these two. So if it's not the F14, its gotta be this one.

Edited by OnlyforDCS