Spurious password change request emails

Sammi79

Got a couple in the last 10 minutes, definitely something fishy going on here ...

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine isnt.

Hmm that's interesting. Somehow they must have got either a username or an email address to trigger it. So perhaps it is just testing? But even if it is not, I'm not worried. If anything it's just an annoyance. Those codes that were generated are too long to guess within any reasonable amount of time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm that's interesting. Somehow they must have got either a username or an email address to trigger it. So perhaps it is just testing? But even if it is not, I'm not worried. If anything it's just an annoyance. Those codes that were generated are too long to guess within any reasonable amount of time.

You mean keys? Well, if anyone gets onto your account they can just read the codes off your purchase history... :cry:

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

email from DCS telling me how to change my password

I never asked DCS server to change my password... some funny business there?? :huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

You mean keys? Well, if anyone gets onto your account they can just read the codes off your purchase history... :cry:

I mean the 32 character code that is part of the url on the link in the email sent to you that goes directly to a page where the password can be changed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here, just be careful and dont click on the links and make sure your passwords for the sites and your email account is long and mixed characters

The notes look legit to me, as in they are properly originating from eagle.ru. Since that's the case I don't think clicking on the link is any danger unless their servers are compromised, in which case we're probably up a creek click or no click. The only other way I see this benefiting the attacker is if they also succeed in gaining access to a user's e-mail account.

tonight I received 6 attempts to change my password from ED Forums, some one is trying to hack my account.:joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I got one an hour ago too, if it was a hacker causing the downed Forum a week ago or so, I never use same password on forum for online anyway, or email password.

Make sure you delete it, in case it's a fake one, it might reveal your password if you try changing it from this one.

But you should probably change both the forum password and online password, just in case. But do it from a reset you started yourself.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

No need to change the password, it is a "Password Sniffer" like back in the old AOL times.

Requesting a change hoping U use their web page or email to do so. If u do not it gets nothing from U. Hence no need to change due to a "Sniffer".

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.