MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

Hi Guys, I just arrived here and don`t know where to start, but very excited to begin to create complex missions for DCS. What do you guys suggest me to read or see first?

Thanks!

Bookmark the following pages (If you haven't done it already)

1-Simulator Scripting Engine Documentation

Here you'll find documentation about different kinds of functions, events, enumerators, etc. built within the DCS scripting engine.

Examples are found in the "Lists" section.

2- MOOSE documentation

Here you'll find documentation about pretty much every functionality within MOOSE.

3- FlightControl YT channel

Here you'll find different kinds of MOOSE related videos. I recommend that you start with the "

" video series, then continue with the "
" video series.

After watching and applying what all those videos teach, you should be able to start doing basic stuff with MOOSE. From that point on, it's just a matter of making all sorts of mistakes and then learning from them :doh:

So you'll eventually be able to understand and apply what the more advanced videos teach.

4- MOOSE Demo Missions

Here you'll find example missions for most MOOSE functionalities.

Each folder contains both the DCS mission file and the MOOSE lua script that runs it.

At first, chances are that you won't understand half of the code (in most cases) :huh:.

But as you keep practicing and getting acquainted with MOOSE, the amount of code that you don't understand will keep decreasing. If you put in the effort, you'll eventually understand it all.

As an example, I just started using MOOSE (and scripting in LUA) 3 weeks ago.

During this time, I've gone from not understanding anything to being able to script elaborated functions (which include logic checks, triggers, event handlers, timers, "subfunctions",etc.)

5- MOOSE Discord channel

I also recommend that you join the MOOSE Discord channel.

It's a great way to get help and check out what other users have been able to do with MOOSE.

Also, if you read through the message history in the right sections of the channel, you might even find workarounds and solutions for the problems that you'll likely encounter along the way.

Edited by Hardcard

Thanks! Lot of stuff to read and watch!

But I'm still quite lost here, is Moose a software? if yes, where from I do download it?

MOOSE is a "master" script required to be included in all missions that have a MOOSE script file. See first post this thread. Also Post 1071 this thread might help. Discord channel is best place for help on specific MOOSE issues. Welcome.

Are there any RANGE missions examples?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Are there any RANGE missions examples?
Closest to an example:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Closest to an example:

They don´t provide any link.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

They don´t provide any link.
Have you joined the Discord?

There were some Code snippets at the start of the Range-func Dischord Channel.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Link to On the Range mission. On the MOOSE Discord channel Func Range.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/425033542121160705/425040572340895744/Goldwater_Range.miz

Have you joined the Discord?

There were some Code snippets at the start of the Range-func Dischord Channel.

Thank you both. Thanks

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great job done with MOOSE! I really love it and it's powerfull function.

I'm now facing a problem managing our h24 server, regarding the Airport lights on Caucaso.

It will be possible in the future manage the lights at airfield with moose? Maybe extending the ATC_GROUND?

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great job done with MOOSE! I really love it and it's powerfull function.

I'm now facing a problem managing our h24 server, regarding the Airport lights on Caucaso.

It will be possible in the future manage the lights at airfield with moose? Maybe extending the ATC_GROUND?

Lights are governed by the DCS engine and there is no access to such a thing as far as I am aware.

Lights are governed by the DCS engine and there is no access to such a thing as far as I am aware.

Yea, it's exactly the problem! DCS Engine fails almost everytime ( if the mission starts during daylight the runway light remains off even the mission go ahed into the night ) and I would like to override it's somehow!

The actual system it's very bad for servers that's remain running for 6 hours or more.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Yea, it's exactly the problem! DCS Engine fails almost everytime ( if the mission starts during daylight the runway light remains off even the mission go ahed into the night ) and I would like to override it's somehow!

The actual system it's very bad for servers that's remain running for 6 hours or more.

Runway lights usually come on for me. But that is SP so maybe different in MP. Will try and remember to look for that later.

Does anyone know how to use MOOSE SEAD?

Any demo missions?

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Sead.html

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE_MISSIONS/tree/develop

have a look there and see

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Hallo,

I have some problems in making some missions for multiple clients.

There is no Moose mission for handling with clients.

How can I make this work for example?

I want to have the altitude of each client in a message

player = SET_CLIENT:New():FilterCoalitions("blue"):FilterCategories("plane"):FilterCountries("USA"):FilterStart()

player:ForEachClient(

function ( ClientObject )

posit = ClientObject:GetCoordinate()

positvec3 = posit:GetVec3()

player1alt = positvec3.y * 0.00328

MESSAGE:NewType( " Altitude = ".. playeralt .."m", MESSAGE.Type.Information ):ToAll()

end )

thanks for some help

Tom

Hmm, the test mission doesn't seem to work. A recent DCS update might have broken something.

SAMs don't react to SEAD missiles and just let themselves be blown into oblivion.

Maybe ED will rework SAM behavoir themselves, they ought to if we want to have good F/A-18C SEAD operations. :)

@L39Tom: I think you made a typo in

MESSAGE:NewType( " Altitude = ".. playeralt .."m", MESSAGE.Type.Information ):ToAll()

It should be

MESSAGE:NewType( " Altitude = ".. [b]player1alt[/b] .."m", MESSAGE.Type.Information ):ToAll()

Intel i5-7600K @3,80 (4,9 OC) + Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4@3200 XMP 2.0 + Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED + Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO + Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow Edition

Geforce RTX 2060 6GB

SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD WDC WD500 500GB

Saitek X-52 Pro & Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals & TrackIR 5 & Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS

Oh, yeah, also the Sony PlayStation 4 :happy:

I've been scanning the A2A dispatcher docs but I'm missing it... How where do I set the total number of aircraft available? ie. once say 6 total planes have launched no more will be available?

Can someone link me to the "how to" that has that or post the code snip it?

Thanks,

Sage

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Hi Sage! Here this what you might be in search of?

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/AI.AI_A2A_Dispatcher.html

I've been scanning the A2A dispatcher docs but I'm missing it... How where do I set the total number of aircraft available? ie. once say 6 total planes have launched no more will be available?

Can someone link me to the "how to" that has that or post the code snip it?

Thanks,

Sage

Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/