MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework

Hello everyone,

Find here a first publish of Release 2.4.a ... (Click on the link)

Note that this Moose.lua is all work in progress, and contains:

- bugs

- misses features

- no real quality documentation

But with this you can start and try out those new CARGO classes.

There are test missions, the links are included on the release page.

Find below a long introduction video demonstrating some of the new ideas on Cargo Dispatching for AI Helicopters(and APCs).

N0rqgf6XQhw

Enjoy!

FC

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

I am a total coding novice who decided to try using MOOSE to enhance my missions. Despite FlightControl's enormous documentation effort, I encountered many frustrations due mainly to my ignorance of basic coding principles. I documented some of these myself and offer them here. Other coding novices out there may find it useful. I will entertain any suggestions for improvement.

This is great work Habu! As we discussed I will include this in the moose repo somewhere.

[/TABLE]

Great work as always Flightcontrol

Looking forward to trying out the new features, thanks for keeping MOOSE going

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Is it possible to add and subtract resources for certain squadrons using the a2a dispatcher?

Also is it possible to filter out units for capture zones. I want the capture zones only able to detect ground units. Was looking into how you filter units with the detection method but don’t know how to applie to the the capture zones.

Edited by A Hamburgler

I've tried this extensively. I got to the point of writing out the squadron sizes and saving to disk so they attrit naturally. Unfortunately the Sqn count in

A2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Mineralnye Vody", AIRBASE.Caucasus.Mineralnye_Vody, ( "81TFS" ), 12 )

Is a bit flakey, but you could overwrite the A2ADispatcher lines if you want to change various settings midway through the mission and that works really well.

for second comment:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/issues/844

has already been opened with that request. Really just waiting for the cargo stuff to be nailed before FC can look at a few of these.

Is it possible to add and subtract resources for certain squadrons using the a2a dispatcher?

Also is it possible to filter out units for capture zones. I want the capture zones only able to detect ground units. Was looking into how you filter units with the detection method but don’t know how to applie to the the capture zones.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Trying to get a tanker to remain in a mission indefinitely. Can make it respawn on landing and engine shut down. That's easy. Having trouble making it respawn on dead, specifically when destroyed on the ground in its parking spot. Can't make this work in testing. Is there a trick to making an aircraft respawn in its spot if it's destroyed on the ground in its spot?

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

Trying to get a tanker to remain in a mission indefinitely. Can make it respawn on landing and engine shut down. That's easy. Having trouble making it respawn on dead, specifically when destroyed on the ground in its parking spot. Can't make this work in testing. Is there a trick to making an aircraft respawn in its spot if it's destroyed on the ground in its spot?

Once the tanker is destroyed in its parking spot it likely does not clean up properly and nothing while spawn there. This is a DCS issue i would think.

Once the tanker is destroyed in its parking spot it likely does not clean up properly and nothing while spawn there. This is a DCS issue i would think.

Ok, that's what I thought. Is there a known workaround? Just don't want someone to take out a tanker on the ground to remove it entirely from a mission.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

MOOSE Release 2.3.1

Release 2.3.1. fixes compatibility issues with the news DCS world release 2.5, concerning the new markings functionalities on the map.

When marks are placed, DCS generates S_EVENT_MARK_ADDED, S_EVENT_MARK_CHANGE, S_EVENT_MARK_REMOVE events. The internal event handler in MOOSE would crash when it would see those new events. This is fixed now. As a result, you will now also see these mark events in the dcs.log appearing, including its contents etc.

Please update your missions with this new version.

FC

[/TABLE]

Is it possible to use Moose AI_A2A_GCICAP on Persain Gulf? Or does Moose framework have to be updated first?
Should (not tested). MOOSE interacts with the DCS Scripting engine, as long as no map specific objects are referenced, the functions should work out of the box.

Problem may be names of airports, if required in a command.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Should (not tested). MOOSE interacts with the DCS Scripting engine, as long as no map specific objects are referenced, the functions should work out of the box.

Problem may be names of airports, if required in a command.

Yes, I think this is my problem. :)

"AIRBASE.Caucasus.Maykop_Khanskaya"

I don't know the right object name for Persian Gulf Map and it's airfields. Just gotta wait a bit I guess. :)

^^ Is it just a case of having the correct airfield names? Or do they have to be added to the main MOOSE.lua?

We need correct airfield names and correct map name. No idea if they have to be added to moose.lua though.

They have to. Thanks silvern. It frustrates me that ED is releasing stuff of this magnitude without a decent announcement to its dev community. This thing had laterally fallen on my head now. I'll try. But I do have a family and private life. I'll stop wining now and go for a fix.

[/TABLE]

• ED Team
They have to. Thanks silvern. It frustrates me that ED is releasing stuff of this magnitude without a decent announcement to its dev community. This thing had laterally fallen on my head now. I'll try. But I do have a family and private life. I'll stop wining now and go for a fix.

This release has been known for some time, and is currently only in Open Beta. Not sure how much more heads up you need.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

This release has been known for some time, and is currently only in Open Beta. Not sure how much more heads up you need.

It would be better if @ED could anticipate these kind of changes much more earlier. Now I need to add stuff "quickly", which I could have done with more ease before beta was released. You see, beta is released to all players. So, when beta comes out, the expectations are high for those players (read almost all players). But if the framework is not adapted to the new stuff coming out, I need to quickly add this stuff to test in "beta", especially mission designers are interested in that stuff in beta. Example: new airbase names, new runway locations. Last time it was new events for the markings, suddenly these events appeared ...

Actually, the development is one, but testing is another. In order to guarantee stability of the code, it would be good if we get some time to test new stuff in advance before it gets broadcasted to the larger player audience. Now this risk is true for all scripters and modders. It is those scripts that make servers and missions great. And the script in this particular case called MOOSE may require some QA before a beta release. At least give us some time to check at each major release if the scripts would work, so that we can add the new stuff and test around these new changes.

So, here I am at 5am in the morning, adding that stuff now ... in beta ... I have to drop now everything I was working on and implement these changes.

Again, not complaining, but just telling my part of DCS world. Beta quickly becomes release without warnings, as history shows. Sometimes after a week.

And it is a bit complicated for me. I have new stuff upcoming in 2.4...Now the baseline of DCS has moved on, but only in beta. So, I apply the changes of DCS 2.5.2 in MOOSE 2.4.a, which I later need to upgrade into a new patch 2.3.2, once DCS 2.5.2 moves into the official release. Because then mission designers will require those changes.

Edited by FlightControl

[/TABLE]

Please, please do not feel pressured by us mission makers in any way. My question was not meant to put pressure on you to patch up Moose framework quickly. Real life always comes first. :)

Thanks for all your work, FlightControl. :)

Please, please do not feel pressured by us mission makers in any way. My question was not meant to put pressure on you to patch up Moose framework quickly. Real life always comes first. :)

Thanks for all your work, FlightControl. :)

This! It isn't like it doesn't work anymore. There will always be a new module, map or other brand new content, that needs integration.

It is not your responsibility to integrate everything before release, or do crazy night shifts.

Just put this on the to do list and integrate it in the normal release cycle.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I wonder if DCS recognizes how important its unofficial mission/script developers are to its success in the absence of a dynamic campaign? DCS' dedicated users, who, I imagine, provide the bulk of DCS' non-government revenue, depend heavily on unofficial developers like FlightControl for development of the missions that make DCS an interesting pass time. Without them I suspect interest in DCS modules would fall like the waters of Niagara. When a DCS program update breaks existing missions many days can pass before those missions can be adapted to the new code and DCS again becomes usable, frustrating the customer base.

Giving selected mission/script developers official test status could alleviate these frustrations, if the developers are interested in pursuing that course.

I also join those who understand that this is a HOBBY for us users and unofficial mission developers are under NO obligation to make Herculean efforts to update their work. My .02 USD.

I wondered. Is AI A2G Dispatching still in the pipeline?

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A