VKB Gladiator WWII joystick

Sokol1_br

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see some "behind the scenes" impression from VKB! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sokol1_br, I know it's been asked a million times, but I can't seem to remember. The Pro model (one I'm interested in) will have adapter to use TM Stick without the need to reconfigure anything? Will all the hats/buttons map as if it were just a Warthog? For the moment, I'm not worried about the additional switches that comes with the base unit on the VKB.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

For now VKB don't offer this option - as CH grip is not removible like Warthog/Cougar - (IMO) they are "missing the boat" with some "sim" market peculiarities. :)

But a guy use CH Fighterstick grip on VKB Njoy32 - dont know if in Cobra M-5 or Mamba base. So electronics wise is feasible.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2037

CH grips use diode matrix for manage buttons and HATS. Warthog, Cougar, Tm F16FLCS, F22PRO, Cobra M5 and VKB Mamba (same M5 grip) use Shift Register.

In that case, as NJOY32 is very powerful, flexible and configurable, was simple matter of set in VKB Configurator for diode matrix mode, instead Shift Register mode.

But, in any case for use CH grip will by not "PnP" like Warthog grip (what require some work), will require some DIY, but as Gladiator PRO became common on the market, people will find practical solutions, for example fitting a Shift Register board inside CH grip (In Debolesis thread are PCB for make one, that cost little).

Other part that will require DIY work is fit the grip, as VKB don't provide a "CH adapter" like for Warthog/Cougar, you have to get a Warthog adapter and fit in CH grip, what probable require modifications in this grip lower part.

Edited by Sokol1_br

For now VKB don't offer this option - as CH grip is not removible like Warthog/Cougar ......

Other part that will require DIY work is fit the grip, as VKB don't provide a "CH adapter" like for Warthog/Cougar, you have to get a Warthog adapter and fit in CH grip, what probable require modifications in this grip lower part.

Thanks for the info!

I can't wait to get my hands on the Gladiator Pro. :)

OK, so you want me to make CH to VKB adapter?

Shift register is already made.

Problem is that I don't have VKB hardware. Can you find a measurments of Warthog to VKB adapter. What connector is used?

Edited by debolestis

gunfighter pro looks good for helicopter cyclic, isn't it?

if only it has more buttons.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

OK, so you want me to make CH to VKB adapter?

Shift register is already made.

Problem is that I don't have VKB hardware. Can you find a measurments of Warthog to VKB adapter. What connector is used?

VKB adapter for Warthog inside connector look PS2.

Adapter_1.jpg

And the adapter don't use the Warthog nut, but a bolt to fit.

Well, better await someone put their hands on Gladiator PRO. :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

That's a weird review (and thanks for sharing).

It feels like the guy didn't use the flight stick extensively. No information about the flight stick response/feeling (except for a very vague "quite responsive"), also no information about the current programming software.

I'm wondering if the author really tested a proper unit or based his opinion on a generic set of information.

Also, it might be a personal preference, but the lack of twist rudder is definitely a feature and an improvement when it comes to pitch and roll controls. Absolutely not a trade-off.

There's the Gladiator for these combined controls.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

This is typical from "game perspective" of this kind of blog.

They just play "15 minutes" of War Thunder or similar game to make their options* about products, for he is not different to play COD/Bf with some kind of gamepad.

* Notice that he is sponsored by Amazon. :)

In the past the ancient SimHQ used to make good controllers reviews, but the last about X-55 was very "shallow", not too different of Nerd Tech. :D

Edited by Sokol1_br

Oh ok. :D

Then I hope some guys at Mudspike, CheckSix and the like will get their honest paws on a review unit. ;)

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

sokol1 please I will require that you name the sources of your news.......

That Review is to discredit the product.

the word BAD in the title. and so many critics.

read the Saitek review......x65 is the best of the best not even mention the lack of support and Saitek 6 months life expectancy.

canfieldmediagroup.com

Tech City: PANAMA

Tech State/Province: PANAMA

that also is owned by

Cogswell Enterprises

ssl certificate and dns names errors is typical of configured in a hurry

I like the review of the DOS and fuzzing gadget, but can only reach it on the search box.

I would pay no mind to that review. It's a typical piece of webzine hack journalism. It's as if she wrote the entire review without ever using any joystick. She apparently enjoys switching out the cams but doesn't say much else. The price is expensive according to her....but only in comparison to the previous model. What about the price of the competition? She also seems to hate rudder pedals. No matter the complexity and quality of the mechanics, all sticks must have twist just like a Logitech 3D Pro. :crash:

sokol1 please I will require that you name the sources of your news...

What? :confused: The source is in the link for the review. :D

If you don't like complain with the guy, I am just the "messenger", don't shoot at me. :lol:

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

She apparently enjoys switching out the cams but doesn't say much else. The price is expensive according to her....but only in comparison to the previous model. What about the price of the competition? She also seems to hate rudder pedals. No matter the complexity and quality of the mechanics, all sticks must have twist just like a Logitech 3D Pro. :crash:

She/they definitely did not receive the Gladiator Pro from VKB (I asked), so I'm wondering how her psychic powers had foreseen all the Gladiator Pro properties :music_whistling:

You can paint that bunch of sentences as pure BS (because it's taking the reader for a fool).

Thanks for bringing this article to our attention, Sokol. And of course it's not your fault people just want money thrown at them ;)

[EDIT: ah I remember I've read part of an early review about the X56 on that very same website (from a guy named TechGuru, expert for many years) via Reddit and of course it was a bunch of non-information. Clickbait it is.]

Edited by Bourrinopathe

Thanks for bringing this article to our attention, Sokol. And of course it's not your fault people just want money thrown at them ;)

you are welcome I always inform sokol1.

Twist adaptor is on development.........:pilotfly:

• Like 1