Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Man signed on and saw DCS Viggen under the LNS thread and thought it was an announcement! Common not cool! Please change the title of the thread so others will be saved the extreme disappointment thinking they are opening the LNS section to see a real announcement...

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I seriously hope that this aircraft is not one of the two still unannounced ones....

Becaise if it is, of the 3 aircrafts to be releassed by LNS, it will join the F14 on my "not to buy list"

And BTW, do we really need a thread like this??

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Options top to bottom:

-16 x 120 kg bombs + droptank, OR 16 x flarebombs + droptank

-3 x Rb 04 ASM. This was a transport mode, since the one fitted to the central pylon couldn't be fired. (Could also have been a planned option)

-1 Rb 04 in transport mode + ECM and flare/chaff pod

-2 Rb 04 + droptank

-2 Rb 75 Maverick on wingpylons

-2 Rb 75 on inner pylons

-2 Rb 05 AGM, rough equivalent of AGM-12 Bullpup + Countermeasures

-2 Rb 05, CMs, droptank

-2 Rb 05, 2 gunpods, droptank

-2 Rb 05, gunpods

-2 Rb 05

-2 6x135mm rocket pods, CMs

-2 rocketpods, droptank

-4 rocketpods

-2 gunpods

-2 gunpods, droptank

-2 Rb24/Rb24J Sidewinders, droptank

-2 sidewinders, 2 gunpods

-2 sidewinders

Computerpower and wiring are the biggest limiters regarding number of weapons carried at one time. More could be hung of course, but it couldn't be fired.

There has also been some surprise at forums over some of these options as some of them simply weren't used. (mounting on different pylons for no apparant reason)

The droptank was used as often as possible (always during peace) and was really considered an extra tank, only to be dropped in emergencies.

To summarise, three planes that do fit the hints that are modern and that is NOT the Viggen are the Panavia Tornado, the Harrier of various configurations and the Yak-38.

And that the bvelieved propeller plane are likely to be F4U Corsair or F4F Wildcat with Wildcat not being very likely as of now due to it being made by VEAO?

I would love a Tornado in DCS, so kewl!

The standard PD model uses R-40R, R-40T and R-60 (max 4, outer pylon pair). It is a one trick pony of course, but speed is a really good trick. For comparison, F-15C in DCS is also a one trick pony (spamraam and run away) and yet it's the most popular FC3 fighter by a wide margin in MP. In any case, my opinion on the matter is unchanged from nearly a year ago when I last posted in this thread. The MiG-25PD is still #1 on my fixed wing eastern block wishlist. #2 is a MiG-23MLA+MLD pair.

Yep, I'd buy the 25. Always loved it as a kid

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I too would love to see a flyable Mig-25 in DCS. There's a special place in my heart for the Foxbat :)

Edited by Fig

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

That thing cant dogfight.

What a prey in MP.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I guess max Glimit for it is 5G right?

So u use your speed to shoot BVR and fly away.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

It wouldn't have to be BVR, you could run down an F-15C from behind, send an R-60 up his tailpipe and fly away in near complete safety regardless of if your missile hits or not. Think Me-262 vs P-51D or F4U vs A6M. Flown properly, the MiG-25PD should be borderline invincible compared to the F-15C and Su-27. The trade off is it's very difficult to get into a good firing position. I can't think of a more interesting fighter to fly in MP against other humans in DCS tbh. It would be totally unlike the FC3 fighters and MiG-21Bis.

Um... if you're blitzing him at Mach 2.5, all he needs to do is turn towards you and fire an AMRAAM. You'll never get into position for a heater shot, speed was a fantastic trick in an age before missiles, but now... well if you're coming at me at Mach 2.5 you're just increasing the closure rate for my missiles.

If he sneaks up on you from behind with no music for a Fox 2 shot you probably won't notice him. The problem here is of course, that he needs to find you first which is difficult without using the radar.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Um... if you're blitzing him at Mach 2.5, all he needs to do is turn towards you and fire an AMRAAM. You'll never get into position for a heater shot, speed was a fantastic trick in an age before missiles, but now... well if you're coming at me at Mach 2.5 you're just increasing the closure rate for my missiles.

Wait, since when do mirages, MiG-21's, F-14's or Su-27's carry amraam's?

:music_whistling:

Together, WE FORM VOLTRON!!!

:D :D :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)