Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

After many thousands of dollars spent on FSX addons, I have become very jaded...and will only buy from two developers anymore.

Re: some of the 3rd party devs whose fsx addons can't model a basic HSI and fly like a freight train, be expected to model a2g radar and a decent supersonic flight model.

I hope they release an F-16, accompanied with either an F-105, A-6, F-4 Phantom II, or F-104 Starfighter. I don't think they would do another Russian aircraft yet, just because NATO only has one interceptor, while Russia has the MiG-21, Su-27, Su-33, and MiG-29.

Not going to lie, and F-8 would be amazing.

I am genuinely surprised that no one has either announced or started making a Crusader. It's beloved by the fighter community, it's reasonably simple, and sufficiently old so it's not classified.

I am genuinely surprised that no one has either announced or started making a Crusader. It's beloved by the fighter community, it's reasonably simple, and sufficiently old so it's not classified.

It would be a great addition, but it's not the aircraft that is holding it back from being developed - it's everything else that comes with it. Modern-ish NATO/Soviet/Russian jets fit in well with the Black Sea map and potentially NTTR, but the other aircraft are currently homeless.

Thats why LNS combination of aircraft and theaters is so innovative.

One of the aircraft that I am most excited about is the VEAO Vampire, but besides joy rides...I'm not sure what to do with it. I can dogfight the MiG-15 and F-86, but no "prototypical" missions are available for it in DCS. It doesn't have the right era or theater.

I also LOVE the P-40F and I'm hopeful that LNS will announce a theater that can also work (at least sort of) for the P-40F. But besides these LNS hopes, it has no reasonable opponents (not even planned) or a theater currently available (though planned - North Africa). So, many fewer hours of enjoyment than say the Hornet (with 2 theaters on the way - NTTR and SoH), or the A-10C, or the MiG-21Bis.

What we need is someone to develop an F-8E module with a Vietnam theater and AI units, then add more full DCS modules that work with the more comprehensive F-8 package - MiG-17 or MiG-21PFM - eventually an F-4B. Once someone takes that first step to create a module/theater, others will probably jump in and add to it. Like the fact that Razbam is planning on the A-7 to follow the Mirage - it makes A LOT more sense now that the Tomcat is on the way (with the F-14A set in the 1980s) and carrier ops.

I see this happening in the next few years, too good to pass up!

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

All you guys are excited for the Viggen, yet here I sit and would want nothing more than the F16.

I know this always comes up every 6 months or so, but why oh why hasn't any developer tried his hands at THE fighter of the 20th century.

If someone would announce a kickstarter for it, I'd literally donate all I could spare. I'm dead serious.

But please do carry on with Viggen talk. I for one find it nice but those canards tend to make it look like a fancy paper airplane. No offense.

What about free falcon, Falcon Allied Force etc? Havent tried those? As far as I now, no one have done the Viggen so that would be awesome!

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

I hope they release an F-16, accompanied with either an F-105, A-6, F-4 Phantom II, or F-104 Starfighter. I don't think they would do another Russian aircraft yet, just because NATO only has one interceptor, while Russia has the MiG-21, Su-27, Su-33, and MiG-29.

The Mig 29 hasn't really changed since 2003, it's pretty much arcade. Su33 isn't in much better state. Su27 and F15 are both FC3 level and along with an American f14 and F/a 18C high fidelity aircraft coming out soon, it's kinda even.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love an F16, I would. The Phantom too.

The Mig 29 hasn't really changed since 2003, it's pretty much arcade. Su33 isn't in much better state. Su27 and F15 are both FC3 level and along with an American f14 and F/a 18C high fidelity aircraft coming out soon, it's kinda even.

Yeah, when it comes to DCS and "this side has x amount of y, but MY side doesn't" comments, it's all about selective cognitive bias :).

People used to say "what is this now, digital helicopter simulation?!" while we have 3 choppers against a boatload of fixed wing, people say "it's all vintage junk" (!) while there are more post 70s modules than pre 70s. In the same vein, when you look at upcoming modules there are quite a bit more Western fighters than Russians we have. As a matter of fact, no full fidelity Russian fighter other than MiG-21Bis is on the horizon yet. But people never even try to look at these objectively :). They just instinctively interpret available data in a way that would suit their subjective tastes :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I mean, DCS would get a lot more attention if there was an actual conflict of East vs West or something along those lines.

F-16 and PhantomII would create enemies for existing airplanes. (MiG29 and MiG21 respectively)

Even if it is Vigen, it would be a great addition, but it won't be as popular as for example F16C.

It's the same with WW2. Everybody knows "the Mustang" or "Messershmit" or "Spitfire" or "Zero", but how many casual people know the LaGG3 or P-40 or Ki61.

To be fair though, casual people are not interestend in simulation and most would not even look at those planes even if they knew them. I am sure its gonna be interesting at least :3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Wrong approach ImHO.

I'd rather have the devs continue their line of popular and we'll known aircraft instead of going for less known ones. That way DCS would attract more attention and potentially gain more followers, which means more money for the devs to create more airframes.

In any case it's complaining on a high level. I'm excited about any plane they give us and would gladly hop into a Viggen or any other aircraft. DCS has come a very long way already and the next 5 years will turn this platform into a truly marvelous experience, no matter which airframes we'll have.

I guess 2016 will be a big year for DCS.

LNS already give us the Mig-21Bis the only mach 2 plane(Im talking about planes only) with clickable cockpit out ATM , my best module with the A10C.

In 2016 I would say we will have M2000C ,F-14 , Mirage F1 and Typhoon?

Enough to bring people back to DCS.

Oh haha You mean like that. Yeah then I also left!

Was waiting for 1.5 but when LNS didn't announce any aircraft this last update, I got to impatient and started to learn the Sabre more in detail...

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Many people said they're taking a break waiting EDGE or new fighters.

Its not really leaving but they still dont play the game when its on their PC.:smilewink:

I am taking a break right now, I'll jump in a bit when 1.5 comes out , but really want the new theaters , I have been stuck in the Black Sea since LOMAC in 2003 ( OMG, 12 YEARS !!! )

I love the Mig-21 and played it a bunch , but the lack of realistic theater and adversaries made it wear fairly quickly after I mastered the systems.

I am very much looking forward to the Tomcat , of course .

E-2 Hawkeye? Constant speed variable pitch prop, complex radar system perfect for multicrew. Kinda makes sense to have one in the game with the F-14.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Are the Hawkeye's systems de-classified enough to make that work? Even older models will have enough in common with the modern stuff that I don't think the detailed operating capabilities are available to the public.

AWACS would be totally rad though, I'd love a hawkeye.

I mostly fly the F-18, and mostly as a flight sim rather than a combat sim.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 3600, Valve Index

TM Stick/Throttle, Saitek Pedals, VAICOM

Hmm side note.

Does any1 know if the Mig-21 Lancer A (Ground attack Version)

Have Air-Ground radar?

The Mig-21 Lancer heavily upgraded Mig-21 Variant in use with Romania.

The Lancer A being the Ground attack Variant (Able to use LITENING targeting pod and laser guided Munitions Etc)

but does any1 know if the Radar it has (Does not use the old mig-21 radar)

has Air-Ground Modes.

Hmm side note.

Does any1 know if the Mig-21 Lancer A (Ground attack Version)

Have Air-Ground radar?

The Mig-21 Lancer heavily upgraded Mig-21 Variant in use with Romania.

The Lancer A being the Ground attack Variant (Able to use LITENING targeting pod and laser guided Munitions Etc)

but does any1 know if the Radar it has (Does not use the old mig-21 radar)

has Air-Ground Modes.

Seems that it can only be used as a ranging radar in A-G and A-A modes