Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I am taking a break right now, I'll jump in a bit when 1.5 comes out , but really want the new theaters , I have been stuck in the Black Sea since LOMAC in 2003 ( OMG, 12 YEARS !!! )

I love the Mig-21 and played it a bunch , but the lack of realistic theater and adversaries made it wear fairly quickly after I mastered the systems.

I am very much looking forward to the Tomcat , of course .

Same here mate, I was just a kid when I first played Lock On. I need something new in this game :D

The Tornado would be awesome. However I don't think its likely. It's an even more complicated aircraft than the F14.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

So far, all point towards the next "modern"/not-ww2 release being the Viggen...

but what if, in a surprise plot twist, it's actually going to be the Intruder?

it may have more to do with their company/team name (videlicet, the A-6 was flown in USMC squadrons) and still be in concordance with most of the announced features (see LN sept. update post) and long-term plans (carrier ops).

At the same time, however, I do not dismiss the Viggen as a more realistic possibility (just look at how many swedes they have in their team, more than half of the introduced ones... and IIRC the company is registered in Sweden -- can't find that though now -- plus the obvious hints, so......), just loud thinking from my part.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Tornado would be awesome. However I don't think its likely. It's an even more complicated aircraft than the F14.

Well... the main reason I don't think its Tornado is that the plane is a two-seater. We still don't have fully two-seat airplane and I think they wanted to make special AI for F14 (Jester?)... I wouldn't say that Tornado fits.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

LET ME CLEAR< wont be the Viggen, better chance of Aliens landing in Times Square, handing out money.

Tornado, you will see, and that's this is about, Devs building to make a (dirty word) PROFIT

What inside information do you have to say that? What do you base your statement on? What do you base the Tornado statement on?

Well... the main reason I don't think its Tornado is that the plane is a two-seater. We still don't have fully two-seat airplane and I think they wanted to make special AI for F14 (Jester?)... I wouldn't say that Tornado fits.

Well, then they already have the work done and can just go ahead and use Jester with some adjustments for the Tornado. I would be soooo happy if it really is a Tornado. My most beloved plane ever. But I doubt it. It's going to be the Viggen which I'm also happy with (or maybe a Harrier).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think we going to see the F-5 and the Mig-23/27.

On some eage movie we all see the bee f-5 icon and also we all know that LM say some infk about the 23/27 after the mig21 reales.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

I think we going to see the F-5 and the Mig-23/27.

On some eage movie we all see the bee f-5 icon and also we all know that LM say some infk about the 23/27 after the mig21 reales.

The F-5 is apparently done by Belsimtek, since you could see their name in the module manager next to the F-5 in one of Wags videos ;)

It also doesn't fit the feature list:

• Ground Mapping and Targeting Radar

• Complex missiles with Advanced Targeting Parameters

• Custom shaders for enhanced visual fidelity (e.g. CRT Screen representation)

• Unique visual features (In-pilot customization, etc.)

• New audio cues and enhanced fidelity

• Far more complex avionic and computer systems than in the MiG-21

• New and unique PFM features and aerodynamic configurations

• New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

LET ME CLEAR< wont be the Viggen, better chance of Aliens landing in Times Square, handing out money.

Tornado, you will see, and that's this is about, Devs building to make a (dirty word) PROFIT

Try to be more clear next time... We're already getting a Tornado by another company (VEAO) It will likely be the GR.1 and I'm excited by this. A Viggen would be a huge seller among DCS customers I am sure. LS have showed no kind of greedy nature so you should probably keep opinions such as that to yourself. If they continue making products to the standard of the Mig 21, they deserve every penny they earn anyway...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

IIRC Jester is supposed to be modular, adjustable to fit other multicrew planes.

IIRC Jester is supposed to be modular, adjustable to fit other multicrew planes.

Exactly so that means that if Tornado is first, then well... we would get multi-crew aircraft without proper AI... I don't think Letherneck would roll with that. But hey, I like tornado. Would be cool to see a fighter for UK :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Wow, really! I find this to be quite alarming. :cry:

Given everything we have heard and seen, plus your insight into this upcoming event...I have to ask:

-will the aliens offer a viable currency?

-are others aware and is crowd control/safety a major concern? :P

Also, this is worth considering:

As far as rarity/popular aircraft goes; I'd argue that we just announced by far the most popular aircraft out there.

Keeping a healthy mix going forward is just as important as maintaining a good return on investment, and I believe we will achieve that balance.

It's clear that not every release needs to be the F-14 or F-16. Plus, at the moment, there is only one other full DCS modules of a fast jet - the MiG-21Bis (with the Mirage 2000 hopefully out by the end of the year).

Even if an aircraft is considered obscure by those who only take interest in US hardware (a narrow subset of the DCS user base, at least by demographics), people will choose to buy based on what is AVAILABLE, not what they would rather have.

Since a Viggen would be the 2nd or 3rd full DCS module of a fast jet and the 1st effective strike aircraft - it will likely sell very well. Add in the fact that LNS' first release is considered one of the best DCS modules in existence and there may be an associated map (a DCS first) - it could be quite a block buster, even if it wasn't a module that many were asking for.

-Nick

• ED Team
What inside information do you have to say that? What do you base your statement on? What do you base the Tornado statement on?

Given his name, I would suggest you dont want to know where his inside info comes from, as with ED its the same with 3rd Parties... trust your info from official sources only, all else is just fluff and opinion.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png