Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

38 minutes ago, CYPHER11 said:

Hey thank you for the answer. Well, i got it work with the MOOSE CTLD now - there you can script which aircraft can carry which amount of crates, troops and total Load. The Problem with the Moose CTLD is now, for example, if i click on "Spawn FOB Crate" and 4 Crates are required - that all for crates are spawned. Normally, no Problem. But on Multiplayer server, no one checks if there is already a crate that is needed for him is spawned. So i am a little bit scared of a Over Crate situation. 

Well, think i have to live with that 😉 

But thanks for the Answer.

Another Question here. Is there anywhere out there a good Video or documentation how to built a custom FARP for the FOB Crates? i know that it is possible in any way, saw that now on a lot of Servers - but i have no idea and google doesn´t help me how to built my own spawnable Farp with Farp Pad, Logistics and so on. 

Any advise here?

Thanks in advance 😉

I created a demo and posted it for you in the MOOSE discord when you asked there. 

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I'm trying to standardise some joystick keypresses to trigger menu options in CTLD, using macros in the joystick software as well as trying to use VoiceAttack for things such as 'drop smoke', 'pick up troops', 'drop troops', but I found the comms menu items can be in differnt orders so pressing comms, F10 other, then CTLD can be sometimes on F4, f5, f6 or f7 (depending on server). If youve programmed everything to need F4 for CTLD submenus then it will no longer work properly on other servers.

What part of the script will control this so I can get the position of the CTLD menu same keypress each time, to standardise it?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a random question. I'm trying to make CTLD allow me to spawn crates around my Anubis Hercules. However whenever I access the f10 menu in the herc it shows me every CTLD option BUT the bloody spawning of crates menus.

As an aside of I spawn Into any of my helos they can spawn crates straight away.

Finally I know it isnt likely the mission editor settings as all the transport vehicles (helos and Hercules In this case) have got the same format of pilot names (helicargo 1 and 2 respectively.

I can post my CTLD tomorrow if needed.

Thanks

SMACK

I since managed to resolve this , however my issue has now changed and once I spawn a crate it tells me that "No Crates within 50m to load" despite the crate itself having spawned right in front of my plane (It's also throwing this message for choppers that spawn crates now too!

Any help is much appreciated, here is the code that pertains to the message I'm receiving and my attached lua script.

Thanks in advance.

"

function ctld.loadNearbyCrate(_name)
    local _transUnit = ctld.getTransportUnit(_name)

if _transUnit ~= nil  then

if ctld.inAir(_transUnit) then
            ctld.displayMessageToGroup(_transUnit, "You must land before you can load a crate!", 10,true)
            return
        end

if ctld.inTransitSlingLoadCrates[_name] == nil then
            local _crates = ctld.getCratesAndDistance(_transUnit)

for _, _crate in pairs(_crates) do

if _crate.dist < 50.0 then
                    ctld.displayMessageToGroup(_transUnit, "Loaded  " .. _crate.details.desc .. " crate!", 10,true)

if _transUnit:getCoalition() == 1 then
                        ctld.spawnedCratesRED[_crate.crateUnit:getName()] = nil
                    else
                        ctld.spawnedCratesBLUE[_crate.crateUnit:getName()] = nil
                    end

ctld.crateMove[_crate.crateUnit:getName()] = nil

_crate.crateUnit:destroy()

local _copiedCrate = mist.utils.deepCopy(_crate.details)

ctld.inTransitSlingLoadCrates[_name] = _copiedCrate
                    return
                end
            end

ctld.displayMessageToGroup(_transUnit, "No Crates within 50m to load!", 10,true)

else
            -- crate onboard

local _currentCrate =  mist.utils.deepCopy(ctld.inTransitSlingLoadCrates[_name])

ctld.displayMessageToGroup(_transUnit, "You already have a ".._currentCrate.desc.." crate onboard!", 10,true)
        end
    end

end

"

CTLDFinal.lua

Edited by Badass1982

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, Hollander said:

Hi. I'm trying to add FPS-117 ERW to the list of blue side cargo. Who knows the name of Unit in game database?

From Quaggles Lua Datamine: https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-lua-datamine
"FPS-117" and "FPS-117 Dome".

For example: https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-lua-datamine/blob/master/_G/db/Units/Cars/Car/FPS-117.lua
Look for Type =

Edit: Well and "FPS-117 ECS" since you need that unit in the group for any of the two FPS-117 EWR radars.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

08.08.2022 в 15:02, Knock-Knock сказал:

From Quaggles Lua Datamine: https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-lua-datamine
"FPS-117" and "FPS-117 Dome".

For example: https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-lua-datamine/blob/master/_G/db/Units/Cars/Car/FPS-117.lua
Look for Type =

Edit: Well and "FPS-117 ECS" since you need that unit in the group for any of the two FPS-117 EWR radars.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about using CTLD for the JTAC lasing function:

I’ve created a test mission with my A-10A and a ground JTAC unit, and some enemy tanks. Got everything working correctly; JTAC shows their location in the “info window”, marks them with smoke as I asked, but…I get no audio cue that they’re being lased. I read thru the programming code, and I can see that I’m supposed to get an audible tone when JTAC lases a new target, but I get silence.

I’ve double checked the radio freq & band is correct (although I’m guessing that I wouldn’t get the info window if those were off). I didn’t see the audio file specified in the code (an .ogg file whose name I forget right now), so I created my own sound file, and “preloaded “ it into the mission using a Trigger in the ME, before running the “JTAC enabler” script. Still no audio cue when he lases a target.

what am I missing?

I've never heard the CTLD-JTAC broadcast a single sound. Then again, I've never given them a radio frequency, over which to broadcast a message.

The unit you make into a JTAC isn't required to carry a radio. Without radio and set frequency you get a message when the JTAC finds a target, losses a target, or switches to a new target. These appear in the upper right corner of the screen.

You can also always look in the comms menu F10 - Other - JTAC-name to see the status of that JTAC. You can have multiple JTACs using CTLD, even within sight of each other. Each should ofc have its own lasing channel.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Got the radio cue working! It needs the sound file to be pre-loaded, as I described before, but it gives you a “blip” alert tone any time you get new info from the JTAC. Don’t know why it wasn’t working yesterday, but when I fired up DCS today, it worked fine.

Its been over 20 years since I did programming, but I knew I had seen the output command in the CTLD code.

Interesting.... how are you preloading the sound?

I see in my training mission--many years old, many times edited--that I have a "1 ONCE" trigger with no condition, and two actions which are "SOUND TO COUNTRY". One loads the beacon.ogg file for Peru and the other the beaconsilent.ogg file for Cuba. After reading though the README.md again, I see that CTLD request this in general, because the sound files are used for beacons as well.

That being said, I still cannot say that I have ever heard the JTACs produce and sound.

I also see that you can use SRS'es DCS-SimpleTextToSpeech to have the JTACs actually send a verbal message, but I've never been able to get STTS to work either, and the last I recall reading about it, was that you require some kind of account with Microsoft so that the text can be sent to somewhere at MS, and then the audio stream returned.

Oh well.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yup, “Sound to Country” is how I did the “pre-load” of the sound file, just as you describe, with a trigger. I’ll upload my miz file for you, but it might be a day or so. Tomorrow my wife comes home from the hospital after having some major surgery.

All the best for your wife and you.

I think I may be getting what I'm supposed to get, but just hasn't been recognizable to me as being the CTLD-JTAC reports. I was expecting it to play the beacon.ogg, and what I'm hearing is definitely not that.

I will insert a file with my own voice, which I hope I might recognize 😉, and see what happens.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Just a quick reply while my wife is resting….

I tried to insert my own voice file, saying “lasing new target”, but that didn’t work for me. Then again, the standard file didn’t work either that first day I was trying those things, so it might work now. I’ll have to go back and see where in the CTLD file that needs to be changed.

So many things to try, so little time…

Wife resting again now...

Here is the simple test mission I created for the JTAC sound, along with the sound file itself. One of the things that was frustrating originally was that the sound file did not come with the CTLD package. So, even though the logic was built into the program, the program didn't have the sound file it needed; I'm pretty sure the "beacon.ogg" was only used for the helicopter transport function, which I never used.

About SRS'es DCS-SimpleTextToSpeech to have the JTACs actually send a verbal message: yup, that would be interesting, since the CTLD code has a bunch of individual messages built into it...but I didn't want to have to fiddle with SRS (which I don't use).

Edit: for some reason, this system keeps putting the "radiobeep.ogg" file into the section for videos, so that's where it is.

Let me know if this works for you.

JTAC test.miz

Management Summery

Yeah I get that too, but not in every aircraft. I'm not getting it in the Apache at all, even if I have the CTLD-JTAC's frequency tuned in on the FM, which is where I was testing first.

--

In my training mission I have 4--in words "FOUR"(!!)--CTLD-JTAC's implemented simultaneously; they don't all have targets at the same time, and they will change targets per the situation.

In the F/A-18C I'm getting lots of Blips and Blups, but I cannot really confirm that they coincide with the JTAC presenting a message or even anything changing without a message being sent.

Often you see a message in the upper-right corner, which then ought to appear in the message history. I'm hearing a symphony of Blupe-Bleeps but see no new messages ojn-screen, nor in the history. I think I've been ignoring this audio-bombardment in the Hornet and Harrier for so many years that I didn't even remember ignoring it, and in the Apache it cannot be heard.

So, thanks for confirming this in parallel -- Bleep-Blupe-Blippy-Blip 🤖

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

On 2/16/2022 at 7:16 PM, CYPHER11 said:

Hey thank you for the answer. Well, i got it work with the MOOSE CTLD now - there you can script which aircraft can carry which amount of crates, troops and total Load. The Problem with the Moose CTLD is now, for example, if i click on "Spawn FOB Crate" and 4 Crates are required - that all for crates are spawned. Normally, no Problem. But on Multiplayer server, no one checks if there is already a crate that is needed for him is spawned. So i am a little bit scared of a Over Crate situation. 

Well, think i have to live with that 😉 

But thanks for the Answer.

Another Question here. Is there anywhere out there a good Video or documentation how to built a custom FARP for the FOB Crates? i know that it is possible in any way, saw that now on a lot of Servers - but i have no idea and google doesn´t help me how to built my own spawnable Farp with Farp Pad, Logistics and so on. 

Any advise here?

Thanks in advance 😉

Hey,

search the CTLD.lua for "function ctld.spawnFOB(_country, _unitId, _point, _name)"

This function is responsible for what spawns from FOB crates.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kind of a strange question but has anyone managed to get CTLD working with Skynet to give units that are spawned with CTLD a certain "prefix" so they are detected by skynet in my case the prefixes "RSAM" and "REWR", I asked Ciri and he confirmed it would be possible but that it would require knowing Lua, anyone of you smart cookies capable of that (I'm referring to the Mist version as that is what I use currently.

Thanks in advance...

On 1/1/2021 at 5:16 AM, IdefixRC said:

Hi guys,

great script. Thanks a ton for the time invested.
I'm currently using it on one of our multiplayer servers and would like to enhance it a bit and could use some pointers on how to go about the following items:

1. Add JTAC Troop type - instead of a Vehicle JTAC which will spawn from a crate I would like to load a group of soldieries which will provide JTAC services once dropped.
I can add the menu item and troops but how do I enable the JTAC function for the group once deployed?

2. mix of internal and sling load cargo - I have sling loads enabled but would like to allow some crates to be loaded into the helicopter as well so that players can sling load one crate (e.g. vehicle crate) and internally load a repair crate or other "smaller" crate as defined in the script.

3. Crate/container persistency - I use the simple unit persistence script to save the status of all units in the game to provide scenario persistency during at server restart. Are crates/containers units or static objects? Any suggestion how I could save their status to make them persistent as well (currently any packed crates/containers will disappear upon restart).

Any hints and help highly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Eric

Hi there , I know this is a super old post but did you ever find a solution to this, I too am using the simple group and statics saving script, but I'm looking to make it compatible with CTLD (and preferably CSAR too).

Edited by Badass1982

• 1 month later...

So I've been going back and forth between the MOOSE and MIST versions of CTLD and i haven't yet quite found onw that does everything I'm looking for .

Things I'm trying to achieve...have ctld work with persistence (sort of solved this using pikeys scripts), whilst being able to have newly spawned JTAC's picked up by an autolase script (used moose ctld for this with ciribobs older autolase script, couldn't get it to detect the Groups named JTAC3 and JTAC4). And finally , to make a scoring system so that when a pilot successfully complets a transport or drops of cargo they get points, again I have this working my moose implementation of CTLD but not in my old school version

Anyone got any suggestions (or wants to be my personal Lua coder, I'm all ears.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I hope someone will be reading this but I have been using JtacAutoLase pretty frequently in my missions and it works beautifully but I've come across a few scenarios where I'd really like to "radio" the JTAC to turn off the laser temporarily so another target can be prosecuted. I've successfully been able to add a "Start" trigger via Radio Add and the JTAC (Predator) starts lasing and smoking but cannot, for the life of me, find a command to temporarily turn off the laser.

I've tried ctld.JTACStop, ctld.JTACStop('JTAC1'), ctld.cancelLase('JTAC1'), ctld.JTACAutoLaseStop('JTAC1') but none work to stop the lase and then restart (via another trigger).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

John

Never mind. Just got it to work with ctld.JTACAutoLaseStop('JTAC1')!! It must have been a spelling error.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2015 at 10:08 PM, Ciribob said:

Change log:

Small Change - You can now name Radio Beacons added by the mission editor. You can now create beacons and name them something like WP 1, WP 2 etc. The new parameter is optional and a name will be generated if its not used.

Hi, sorry for the question here, but I cant find Discord channel for CTLD.

Does own beacon work in 2.8? I think I did it ok, but on the list I dont see it (sorry it VR picture):

o1WrDjq.png

Maybe I did somthing wrong for own beacon?

ctld.createRadioBeaconAtZone("beaconZone","none", 60,"Langua Larga")

Trigger is named beaconZone so it should work. Any idea?

EDIT: solved, the time was too short, 2 sec more solved the problem.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, but looks like kind of issue is present. Signal of beacon is intermittent. The sound works ok, but the arrow on the gauge for beacon (as a trigger zone) shows different position (maybe there's no time to turn back, direction shows well only sometimes) or it doesnt work. The signal is interrupted I suppose (tested on UH-1). Default (from the map) ADF works ok and it's fixed.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, but looks like kind of issue is present. Signal of beacon is intermittent. The sound works ok, but the arrow on the gauge for beacon (as a trigger zone) shows different position (maybe there's no time to turn back, direction shows well only sometimes) or it doesnt work. The signal is interrupted I suppose (tested on UH-1). Default (from the map) ADF works ok and it's fixed.
Hmm it should repeat every 30 seconds. I'll try and have a look at some point soon

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord