Mi-8MTV2 News

Amazing skills AlexandrT! Thanks for sharing the video and the precious explanation!

I didn't have the opportunity to experience the Mi-8MTV2 yet but I'm surely looking forward to it.

That kind of demonstration is always stimulating and a reminder of how interesting it is to perfect our piloting skills (even virtual).

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant. One question for you please answer.

How do you know you are above that building? Are you using outside view to judge it? Appreciate if you give us some tips.

P.S Sorry I haven't read other threads that people already asked above question.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2580552&postcount=418

Only view from a cabin. The good feeling of the helicopter helps.

Thanks,

And multicrew sounds amazing, didn't know it was planned!

Just as a question, is there any way I can learn the job the virtual flight engineer is doing right now?

I mean... Manually fine tuning the autopilot.

I think it'll become relevant once multicrew gets realised :D

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2561305&postcount=307

Thank you very much sir. You know I was not flying mi-8 for a long time but when i saw your smooth takeoff video it motivates me to go back to this bird. I am flying this bird exclusively. I would like more videos like this.

This another skilled pilot.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Impressive flying skills! really looking forward to attending "class" with you AlexanderT!

Going to look at the video again, also, I need to practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice .....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I'm sorry, I meant doing the flight engineer's task myself, I did not mean that the AI flight engineer is doing his job, but when multiplayer multicrew is realised that someone else does the flight engineer's job.

So a tutorial in how to manually fine tune the autopilot without help of the virtual flight engineer would be cool.

So a tutorial in how to manually fine tune the autopilot without help of the virtual flight engineer would be cool.

That is not to difficult. If any of the white bars deflect to much from center, turn the knob below it until it is centered again.

At the same time be prepared to adjust the cyclic a bit and retrim, as this might cause your pitch and bank to change a bit.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I'm sorry, I meant doing the flight engineer's task myself, I did not mean that the AI flight engineer is doing his job, but when multiplayer multicrew is realised that someone else does the flight engineer's job.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2401076&postcount=1

Here everything is in detail described. Simply correct indexes hands.

I notice if I fly with a Russian Mi-8 the co-pilot announces cargo corrections like your video but no subtitles and I don't speak Russian:book: but in the USA mi-8 no announcment by the co-pilot for cargo. Will this be implemented at some point?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I notice if I fly with a Russian Mi-8 the co-pilot announces cargo corrections like your video but no subtitles and I don't speak Russian:book: but in the USA mi-8 no announcment by the co-pilot for cargo. Will this be implemented at some point?

Soon to be.

That is not to difficult. If any of the white bars deflect to much from center, turn the knob below it until it is centered again.

At the same time be prepared to adjust the cyclic a bit and retrim, as this might cause your pitch and bank to change a bit.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2401076&postcount=1

Here everything is in detail described. Simply correct indexes hands.

Thank you guys :)

No gunsight glass. :thumbup:

Correct answer!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2563551&postcount=351

It is possible to clean glass so-

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Cockpit\Scripts\PKV\device\PKV_param

to replace lines

refl_angle_range = math.rad(5.625)

refl_angle = math.rad(43.428)

on-

refl_angle_range = math.rad(55.625)

refl_angle = math.rad(143.429)

to keep and glasses will not be.

Edited by AlexandrT

• 2 weeks later...
DCS: Mi-8MTV2. Fun with sling load. №2 :)

Seriously?!! Now you're just showing off ;-) Nice flying! :thumbup:

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Meanwhile I crashed after panicking when I saw multiple missile fly my way.

Apperantly they had SAM there.

They didn't tell me.

At least the SAM didn't get me >:-D

And Chuck Norris Mi-8, everybody on board survived the crash.

Ignore the fact that it flipped over like 7 times.

Tape the blades back on and it's good to go.

Maybe in a next update, Belsimtek can add-in a mission with sling-loading in the single missions, or possible even the campaign? It is a good 'showcase'!

Yes! That would be great. A progressive series of missions designed to help you improve your sling technique.

What do you think AlexT? Seems like you'd be the right guy for the job

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets