Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please i want to also know how you take off that much smoothly

Actually, seems like the flight model changed in the most recent patch.

Transition into translational lift (forward flight) from hover is very smooth now. Transition back into hover still has the shudder/chop normally associated with it.

I was kind of surprised flying it last night to look down and realize I was now going 70km/h without any bumps or shakes.

Well, I would love to hear how you like the flightmodel of the Belsimtek Mi-8, AlexandrT? What do you think? :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, I would love to hear how you like the flightmodel of the Belsimtek Mi-8, AlexandrT? What do you think? :)

Great modeling of flight. In case it would be done on a "game level", I wouldn't take part in a project. But since FM is made at a very high level of details for a RL pilot it becomes extremely easy to apply his RL knowledge for control of DCS Mi-8MTV2.

Thanks AlexandrT! It's reassuring to hear that Belsimtek went to such great extent to get everything just right - even under the professional scrutiny as pilots as yourself! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks AlexandrT! It's reassuring to hear that Belsimtek went to such great extent to get everything just right - even under the professional scrutiny as pilots as yourself! :thumbup:

PilotMi8

Wadim

dimon-flight

Wadim

кайрат

These are real pilots from Belsimtek.!

Thanks for the info, Alex! That's impressive!

I am wondering what other real pilots are lurking on the Russian side of the forum, and what modules they are supporting. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That is quite some expertise! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Actually, seems like the flight model changed in the most recent patch.

Transition into translational lift (forward flight) from hover is very smooth now. Transition back into hover still has the shudder/chop normally associated with it.

I was kind of surprised flying it last night to look down and realize I was now going 70km/h without any bumps or shakes.

Thx buddy

Great modeling of flight. In case it would be done on a "game level", I wouldn't take part in a project. But since FM is made at a very high level of details for a RL pilot it becomes extremely easy to apply his RL knowledge for control of DCS Mi-8MTV2.

Well that is very interesting.

PilotMi8

Wadim

dimon-flight

Wadim

кайрат

These are real pilots from Belsimtek.!

So Belsimtek hijacked all pilots :p

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Does Belsimtek hire sim-lovers to raise as a pilot? :D

Please take me and make a pilot! :D

{Just dreaming..}

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

at least as a door gunnder or a sling load operator :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Well I'm an Mi-8 mechanic, door gunner, AND sling load operator. That's all the same job! Well, maybe not in some places. I'm also the load master, flight engineer, hoist operator, and (sometimes) fast rope master. Oh, I also do paradrops out the back, but I have not done that in a while, sadly.

So thats what a dream job looks like....:pilotfly:

In the video (that with the shaking dash) you can hear the Trimmer sound. Will we have the click sound again? In RL the MI-8 seems also making this sound.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Transition back into hover still has the shudder/chop normally associated with it.

You're right, there's no transition period from hover to flight now. Must've been dropped accidentally, so we'll probably get it back soonish. The joys of beta, eh ;)

PS / EDIT: The Huey still has it, just checked.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

News No. 23

News No. 23

The «ЗАПРАВКА-КОНТРОЛЬ» (tanking-control) switch is activated.

6650250.jpg

Fuel meter СКЭС-2027 includes four yellow annunciators «Бак полон» (tank full) (on a fuselage near filler wells of pylon and additional tanks) which light up when corresponding tanks are full.

6632842.jpg

6670733.jpg

During fueling «ЗАПРАВКА-КОНТРОЛЬ» (tanking-control) switch in a crew cockpit has to be in "ЗАПРАВКА" (tanking) position. Yellow annunciators «Бак полон» (tank full) will light upon completion filling of tanks.

"КОНТРОЛЬ" (control) position is for «Бак полон» (tank full) annunciators check. Switch should be turned in "КОНТРОЛЬ" (control) position for and annunciators on a fuselage should be checked.

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team

Edited by AlexandrT
  • Like 1

Seriously... with such level o detail going into the helicopter, you have no excuse to exclude a ladder for the lateral door :D

I have a crazy friend that dreams to enter the helicopter just like in a real one some day... maybe with Oculus like hardware. And obviously he needs a ladder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least