Poll: which guide would you be interested in next?

Poll: which guide would you be interested in next?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: which guide would you be interested in next?

Hello everyone,

As some of you may already know, I like to create guides for DCS aircraft and rotorcraft and share them publicly with the community.

I have created guides for the P-51, FW190, Bf.109, UH-1H, MiG-15bis, F-86F, MiG-21bis... and now I am wondering what to do next. Since I love all modules in equal measure, I thought of asking you guys for what you would prefer.

Would you prefer a guide for the A-10C, the Mi-8 or the Ka-50?

All three modules are quite complex and represent different challenges. So I will leave it up to you to choose. I would rather do something people want than something I "think" people want.

My personal preference would be the A-10C, but that's just me.

Edited by Charly_Owl

D all of the above:thumbup::music_whistling::smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

The KA-50 would be very useful. I don't fly the aircraft you have created guides for (except UH-1H), but they seem extremely useful and beneficial other than going through operational manuals. Keep up the good work!

Dodo

Discord: Dodo#1000

Twitch: dodoactual

Keep calm, call a JTAC/CCT/FAC!

FX-9590 5.0 GHz CPU; 16GB RAM; XFX-290X GPU; 990FXAUD3 MB; ASUS 248 144hz x2; Cougar MFD 2 (Thrustmaster); TrackIR 5 Pro; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Logitech G27; ElGato Stream Deck; Corsair

go for the A-10, as I think it's the most popular DCS plane (I think . . . ) don't fly any so can't decide for the community though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Great Chuck!

I take a look on your previous guides and they are really awesome. Thank you!

I voted for A-10C because I think it is still most popular module with many newcomers which needs help to get into air. Firstly, I thought, there is enough materials for A-10C but when I saw your guides, I realize, there are no guides for A10 like that.

On the other hand, being already pretty familiar with A-10C, I'm more interested in Mi-8 guide because there are a lot less learning materials for it.

I would vote for this order: A-10C, Mi-8, Ka-50

Ps. Answers in survey allow multiple selection.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

I vote for the Ka-50. There's so much material on the A-10C already, and a guide for it would probably much more of an undertaking than the choppers with a smaller number of systems. I'd work my way up the volume ladder :)

(And as mwd2 just said above me: wait with the Mi-8 till all the systems are actually working.)

Id say A-10 because its definitely the most complex aircraft out of the 3 and probably the one new players have the hardest time with. It would probably help a whole lot of people.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One question for you folks:

Many of you probably already read some of the stuff I posted. The more complex the aircraft, the more pages it takes. I try to be as meaningful and concise as possible, but at some point some readers are just going to say "this is too long... screw it." I don't know how people felt when they saw the 90 pages of the Huey and the 85 pages of the MiG-21. Maybe for some it's ok, but maybe for others it's just too much to swallow at once.

Are my guides too long? Are they too short? I would be interested to have your feedback in order to keep it "accessible", yet with enough content to make people understand the what, the how and the why. Any suggestions, tips or criticism?

• Like 1

I think the amount of information is just right. And if you can condense an A-10 guide under or around 100 pages, its still less intimidating then the manual's 671 pages.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are my guides too long? Are they too short? I would be interested to have your feedback in order to keep it "accessible", yet with enough content to make people understand the what, the how and the why. Any suggestions, tips or criticism?

It is the presentation of the guides, which make them superbly unique. The size is secondary in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Definitely the Mi-8 : the other two are first modules of DCS so lot's of guides about them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular