DCS World 2.0 Wishlist

fogster

• ED Team
What I see in video today is the shadows of blades in cockpit. That's great, but chopped blade parts on the ground are not touching the ground exactly like current version of DCS.

Plus, after Ka-50 crash in video, aircraft tends to jump repeatedly. I hope these issues will be fixed in final release... :\

You understand that these streams are pre-alpha correct?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

idk I found It quite funny how the Ka-50 bounced around like that :lol:. So i wouldn't mind having that bug in the alpha release

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

• ED Team
idk I found It quite funny how the Ka-50 bounced around like that :lol:. So i wouldn't mind having that bug in the alpha release

And really, we need to temper our expectations a little too, I dont know too many sims, games, whatever out there that dont have moments of twitchiness when a 3D object intersects another 3D object in an unexpected or unusual way...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

That isn't anything new. The Ka-50 does that bouncing nonsense in DCS 1 whenever it lands without its landing gear. At least it eventually stopped in the stream. My last Ka-50 belly landing had me bouncing until the ground crew repaired it 4 minutes later.:D

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Would fit a korean war map. :)

Precisely my thoughts exactly haha. I did a slight double take on that one.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

And really, we need to temper our expectations a little too, I dont know too many sims, games, whatever out there that dont have moments of twitchiness when a 3D object intersects another 3D object in an unexpected or unusual way...

The ka-50 already "bounces" right now when grounded on one side with the rotor moving, due to the blade piece hitting the ground. Instead, I liked to se the first part of the collision and.

Anyway I almost don't bother how my helo will break on the ground, cause I try to get her down safely the most of the times :P

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Hi everyone,

Just a question :

I would love this little effect being implemented : Afterburner flow deviation according to surface.

Not a crucial thing at all but always a shame when you do short take off ( high AoA ) to see the afterburner flames going straight into the ground like if there was nothing.

gfGOe8B.jpg

W1bzPj1.jpg

XQfjsSk.jpg

oyMBEod.jpg

What do you think ?

Also, I heard about new missile smoke effect and contrails in DCS2, any news on the contrails ? The missile smoke I saw on last videos were just jawdropping...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Hueyman what do you mean? In one part of the Su27 flyby Matt clearly demonstrates the new contrails to great effect. They look awesome. Did you maybe mean the wing vapor effects?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I hope ED developers make a cloud surfing dream come true for many people including myself and implement trueSky in DCS World 2

I think clouds of this level is a must have feature in 2015 for dcs

Edited by RUS38

You understand that these streams are pre-alpha correct?
Yes, of course I understand it, but this bug has been never solved in current version of DCS. Maybe it wasn't cared so much. My concern is that same issue will be in new engine and map. Yes, this is pre-alpha, but I do hope it will not be overlooked when DCS 2 released. Thanks.

...At least it eventually stopped in the stream...
I guess (actually) it didn't stopped, Wags enabled active-pause or something.

...I would love this little effect being implemented : Afterburner flow deviation according to surface...
Would be great effect, but I don't think DCS team will have time to create that effect. Maybe much later...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Since the plan is to showcase weapons in the next stream:

Q: What are, if any, ED's plans to update or improve the flight model of missiles and bombs?

Note: With the A-10 it wasn't really needed since it was so slow. With the inclusion of upcoming fighters into DCS W, will we see PFMs for munitions?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Q: Are the ECM/ IR Jamming features going to be more realistic in DCSW2 or are we going to be more or less stuck with the same crummy effectiveness of say an ALQ-131 pod or built in jamming pods available in 1.2.16

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I would love this little effect being implemented : Afterburner flow deviation according to surface.

I'm sure it will be way down on the list of priorities for now. But in future, yeah I agree. I think all of the little effects like this will add a lot to the sim over all. The big one in this catagory for me would be rain drops on the canopy.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Q: I know Helios is a 3rd party not supported by ED. Will World 2 export the same so programs like it will work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Q: During the last stream we saw the bomber ramp in Nellis AFB. DCS' roster of planes and helicopters grows with each year, and I've realized that we have pretty much every type of aircraft flyable except a bomber. Is a flyable bomber module a possibility for DCS 2?

I was going to post this in the "questions for the stream" thread but i figured maybe it doesn't quite fit there... not sure. I guess here is the best location , if i'm wrong maybe a mod can move it.

If i understand correctly trees, while now collidable are just a "pole" (collision model wise), does that mean they'll still be pretty ineffective in blocking AI visibility & fire?

From what i can tell the "godmode" AI vision isnt going away any time soon , and that would be fine if the trees would block the fire (if they block the fire it doesn't matter that the AI can see you .. you only need either A : fire blocked or B : Better AI that doesn't actually know your location , having both is overkill.) But if the trees are just "poles" from the AI's POV there will be very little difference in how engagements from forests will go compaed to DCS 1 , other then the occasional lucky (or unlucky) missile that hits a tree.

I get that in real life missiles and bullets would (probably) just go trough the trees' foliage , but in real life people can't see trough it. In the sim we need a compromise for the sake of realism.

I hope this makes some sense.

edit : i'm talking mostly about stuff like manpads and triple A , not radar guided sam sites that shoot their missiles straight upwards

How did this get moved to wishlist? how the hell is this a wishlist post? what the actual ****?

Edited by McBlemmen
wtf this belongs in discussion not WL
  • Like 1

I was going to post this in the "questions for the stream" thread but i figured maybe it doesn't quite fit there... not sure. I guess here is the best location , if i'm wrong maybe a mod can move it.

If i understand correctly trees, while now collidable are just a "pole" (collision model wise), does that mean they'll still be pretty ineffective in blocking AI visibility & fire?

From what i can tell the "godmode" AI vision isnt going away any time soon , and that would be fine if the trees would block the fire (if they block the fire it doesn't matter that the AI can see you .. you only need either A : fire blocked or B : Better AI that doesn't actually know your location , having both is overkill.) But if the trees are just "poles" from the AI's POV there will be very little difference in how engagements from forests will go compaed to DCS 1 , other then the occasional lucky (or unlucky) missile that hits a tree.

I get that in real life missiles and bullets would (probably) just go trough the trees' foliage , but in real life people can't see trough it. In the sim we need a compromise for the sake of realism.

edit : i'm talking mostly about stuff like manpads and triple A , not radar guided sam sites that shoot their missiles straight upwards

My concerns also.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

I did not find any one ask, sure someone did :huh:

Currently there are two party, red and blue in DCS, do we get more in the DCS2, to create neutral Airtraffic ( civil and Military), or can create a 3 or 4 party scenario?

While I understand your concern, I dont think it really matters much. The trees in Nevada are so sparse that they don't really provide much cover anyway. The 'forresty' parts that Matt demonstrated in his flybys are not really forests in the true sense of the word. As for the old map, they are not updating the trees on that map to be collideable in the near future. (But maybe modders could do something about that once 2.0 hits)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.