Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Is it me or the server? I cannot make a hover rescue. I swear, I'm below treetop height, looking like I'm about to hit the pilot in the head with a skid, and I get that annoying "you are not hovering low enough." Holy crap, I can't be 20' above the slope.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Is it me or the server? I cannot make a hover rescue. I swear, I'm below treetop height, looking like I'm about to hit the pilot in the head with a skid, and I get that annoying "you are not hovering low enough." Holy crap, I can't be 20' above the slope.

How about your horizontal/lateral speed? It has to be pretty darn close to 0.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

:banned: lol niceeeeee

Cosmic just change ur game to THE HAMMER:bash:

Always good to have someone protecting the safe zones from trolls tho :thumbup:

Haha I don't think that's 100% fair in this situation, the guys weren't trolling otherwise I would've deliberately kicked them. I thought they were being unsporting but they were fighting well so meant to put into spectator with a verbal warning not to encroach the safe zone but brain farted and didn't change the command from kick to spectate :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To Cosmic:

Copy mate but the expression ONE OF YOU is what I assess that is not appropriate. You should have punished the right person IMO :-).

Cheers

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Dear Cosmic,

Of course Openconflict is your server and we enjoy very much fighting in it, as it is very popular. So, it is you that definitively are setting the rules. But I would like to place my view regarding the mentioned SAFE ZONE. In a conflict, especially an OPEN one, a safe zone is defined NOT by BORDERS but by the range (umbrella) of the friendly GBAD plus DCA a/c and I can see you have set up many near the airbases. In this context, you leave the clients to do their best to keep them alive (the friendly GBAD) or to stay alive (from the enemy GBAD and DCA). This is a real conflict.

Respectfully

Edited by Panthir

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

To Cosmic:

Copy mate but the expression ONE OF YOU is what I assess that is not appropriate. You should have punished the right person IMO :-).

Cheers

Yes you are absolutely correct, I couldn't ascertain which one of you it was so decided to shotgun instead but it was sloppy on my end, be assured that the bans have been dealt with :thumbup:

I would like to place my view regarding the mentioned SAFE ZONE. In a conflict, especially an OPEN one, a safe zone is defined NOT by BORDERS but by the range (umbrella) of the friendly GBAD plus DCA a/c and I can see you have set up many near the airbases. In this context, you leave the clients to do their best to keep them alive (the friendly GBAD) or to stay alive (from the enemy GBAD and DCA). This is a real conflict.

Respectfully

We're all glad you're enjoying Mirknir's server, its easily one of the best servers out there right now in my opinion! There's a reason its always packed ;)

The issue with this is that Open Conflict is at heart a training server designed to be beginner friendly. This is why you cannot physically get to the opposite team's airfields because you will be destroyed by scripted flak so that people can practice in peace. You will receive a message when you enter this safe zone and a limited amount of time before being taken out by the flak to turn around. The issue is that this system is not so effective at stopping missiles which is where my original issue came from.

The safe zones are for practice and are meant to be impenetrable for the other team, the conflict zone is for fighting, and the duel zones are for private dogfighting training. :pilotfly:

Hope this clears things up :)

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now it's clear. Thank you

Dear Cosmic,

Of course Openconflict is your server

Thanks for such a cool server Cosmic :lol:

This is a real conflict.

This is where I don't agree.

Even if DCS is a simulation, I've to do compromises because of DCS features and limitations.

In what real conflict...

• did you see F15 fighting P51?
  • did you see a pilot entering an aircraft he's never flown?
  • did you see pilots firing on a radar contact without any regards to ROE?
  • having thousands of SAM makes the battlefield lag?
  • can a pilot still fly after killing teammates?
  • can a pilot still fly after being killed?

I am trying to get close to a real conflict but I have to do compromise for gameplay's sake and to create space and opportunities for everyone to have fun.

In the next map, I am trying to put more space between red and blue protected zone or at least a clearer border but it's not easy as I don't control where the airports are :thumbup:

I might try to use more FOBs with on ground planes.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

+1 for the donation. I'm a noob at dcs, and having subscribed to this thread, am impressed by the civil and relaxed discourse between players and the open nature of the server, when compared to some other squadrons. Have been trying to get my feet wet in multiplayer on this server bit it's always full when I want to join... I guess I. could donate to the link in the signature? What would be a good amount to donate?

Hope to see you guys online soon.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Thanks for such a cool server Cosmic :lol:

You heard it here first people! Time to make Open Conflict Great again. I'm going to build the best server, an amazing server, and I'll make the 104th pay for it! :megalol:

In all seriousness I always try to donate monthly, and usually it's between £10-£20 (depending how poor I am that month :p ) but the amount is totally up to you :) I have the mantra of little and often and that way it keeps Mirknir's server money pot topped up for the long run :)

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have been trying to get my feet wet in multiplayer on this server bit it's always full when I want to join...

Honestly, all you usually have to do is wait 10-15 mins at most and a slot opens up. I usually go and poke around online, or fly a campaign mission and by that time a slot is free. If everyone keeps donating then hopefully one day we can get a server with some more slots! :pilotfly:

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

I am new to this... I tried finding the teamspeak server, but when I typed in the full address, it didn't work?

70.80.170.229:10308

that is the address listed on the server IN GAME.... ???

TeamSpeak should be able to resolve openconflictserver.typefrag.com for a connection. Judging by the port number on the IP you provided, that's the OpenConflict server itself.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Hi Mirknir,

Just a heads up, now that the MiG-29A and S have had their model updates they now all have the default camo which is the Russian one, which is an issue for the blufor planes. However the Ukrainian MiG-29 has received new camos for both the A and the S and Kazakhstan now has livery for the MiG-29A and they're distinctly different from the Russian ones, so maybe on the next update the blufor MiGs could have their liveries changed so that they are different from Redfors? I also think the German ones have a german skin so they're fine :)

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't see a teamspeak IP then.

I will have to look into it... as I want to make sure that I wasn't wrong.

Thank you though.

You´ll just have to type in/copy: openconflictserver.typefrag.com where you tried to put in the IP before in TS. It "decryptes" this to an IP (in the background) and establishes the connection.

Hope that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

dang password protected! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

If everyone keeps donating then hopefully one day we can get a server with some more slots!

Yea thanks guys for the donations, it really helps me maintain the server and keep it growing.

This combined to all the positive feedback also keeps me going in my crazy endeavor that is the new Skynet :thumbup:

Just a heads up, now that the MiG-29A and S have had their model updates they now all have the default camo....

Yea a new version of the map will come soon and I'll add this to the list.

seeing this got me excited :thumbup:

good luck Mirknir

Haha thanks, it's a lot of job, maybe more than I thought lol.gif

dang password protected! :)

I could give you the password but except for my play sessions with Vyrtuoz where we test both the next Skynet and the next Tacview, my solo test sessions don't last that long :)

Right now, there is not a lot to see as I am building the foundations for a lot of systems and creating some boring algorithm for space partitioning, building placements and location generation recipes.

If you are interested, here are some ghetto screenshots even if it's not that exciting and everything is Work In Progress.

ReGenesis - Addon: Skynet Regen is now a DCS addon in a DLL.

ReGenesis - Factory - 1: Factory generated dynamically from scratch by Skynet (nothing you see was edited in the mission editor)

ReGenesis - Factory - 2: Another version of the same factory

So yea, it's progressing but not as fast as I would like :megalol:

512847830_ReGenesis-Addon.thumb.jpg.7bfa1b22124ca8ded33de8666d21d1cb.jpg

310304980_ReGenesis-Factory-1.thumb.jpg.b32588bc6de11912f2165a5352472deb.jpg

1379578401_ReGenesis-Factory-2.thumb.jpg.dacf0561b25c0e0dea3b8da98448386e.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Can i ask what ground textures you are using? looks like exciting stuff! Cant wait to plant explosives packs around those factories

Firstly, I have to say that I have so damn much fun on the OC server! As a complete noob 4 months ago, I happened to join OC by coincidence after downloading DCS. I quickly got involved with the crazy veterans as well as others! The community/users on this server is awesome! Now, 4 months after - I`m a bit less of a noob :smartass:

Hey guys,

As much as I like having constructive feedback on the server, I also liked a lot when you guys posted more stories, screenshots or videos about stuff happening on the server.

Knowing the irritants is one thing but also knowing what people like to do and have liked experiencing is critical for me, my motivation and Project ReGenesis so don't hesitate to post more :thumbup:

Anyway, over the course of a couple of months, I found some screenshots that I found cool.

I came across this super-Mirage! The image doesn`t show - but the left wing is ... gone!:pilotfly:

MUX2s15.jpg

There have been several helo-parties. Here is a couple of screens from the magnificent Mi-8

FQWH3Ci.jpg

NBW99Ir.jpg

eObnYEo.jpg

Next up! Who doesn`t enjoy some formation flying?! What about formation, tandem refueling? :D

6QuoMP2.jpg

IOM2CFQ.jpg

ccerGlH.jpg

Last; the latest addition - The Viggen. Here are some soothing images of the RB15 in flight :)

auGya86.jpg

vDlQ18O.jpg

Thanks again Mirknir for this amazingly awesome server! I can`t wait when ReGenesis sees the light of day!:thumbup:

Fantastic images there Gee! I must get around to getting a viggen story up on here... That screenshot of Junglie and I at the tanker with the mirage in the background is one of my favorite DCS screenies ever, that's desktop background material right there! :D It's just worth noting that you can see that a lot of our payload is missing and this was a mid-mission top up, I think the experiment of moving the tankers closer to the conflict zone was a resounding success, it's not unusual to see a player or two at each of the tankers now instead of ejecting for more AMRAAMs, and quite often in the chat you see players requesting cover whilst they're refuelling and it seems to be promoting teamwork and communication between players :thumbup: I even had an incident of unusual courtesy where two mirages stopped refuelling to let a VERY thirsty SU33 of mine grab just enough fuel to divert to a carrier :)

The ReGenesis is looking fantastic so far Mirknir :thumbup: Infiltrator AI eh? Looks like the first T800s are penetrating rebel lines ;)

If you ever need volunteers for a private feature test and/or stress test of new skynet bits, you know where your crazy veterans are! :pilotfly: You can guarantee we would be scrambling over each other to get in and help out :lol: Its going to be fantastic when this sees the light of day :) I guess the question now is what will we see first: Razbam's Harrier, ED's F18, Leatherneck's F14, or Mirknir's ReGenesis :lol:

Edited by cosmicdoubloon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yesterday had my worst open conflict day ever.....

-Got spamramed by crazy F16s

-TK'ed a poor ally after having no diamond appear on IFF interrogation !!???!!!???

-Got a kill shot on a mirage that tried to brake in front of me "a la top gun". Ended with a "clic clic" on the gun trigger : forgot that god damn gun master arm.... Took an IR in my ass the second after this :( :( :(

Still learning........

-Got spamramed by crazy F16s

Yea, it has already been reported ; I am going to change the F16 payload

However, they each have only 2 AIM120c so the entire CAP have 4 AIM120c, so I am not sure if it qualifies as spamram :)

-TK'ed a poor ally after having no diamond appear on IFF interrogation !!???!!!???

I think some aircrafts have to activate their IFF or they will never answer IFF interrogation and appears as enemy to everyone.

Anyone know about this? Any aircraft actually have to switch on their IFF?

It might be something I can track and warn the pilot about.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread