Hope: Markpoint delete function

LJQCN101

This is a fairly demanding feature when it comes to having marked and destroyed multiple targets and also finding the TAD way too cluttered. Dunno why such a simple function is not implemented in DCS A-10C. Not a criticism, just "hope".

nyhfuq.jpg

Ref. T.O.1A-10C-1

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

what does that button do in DCS?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

the problem with that is that the cdu gets very crowdy

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Everytime you create a mark point the CDU jumps to a page that lets you immediately create a mission point from it so its clear that the intention of the design was to immediately allow you to catalog the markpoint in a more useful way.

Other ways to improve clutter is to not over complicate the marking process. Instead of marking every vehicle mark targets by area instead saving specific marks for PGMs and loner targets. There's no reason you can't slew your mavericks to a hot dot somewhere within a few hundred meters of the waypoint or use the TGP to create a SPI on a specific target within range of that single point.

Using visual references during delivery can save the complications of overemphasizing system usage. If there are 2 or 3 viable targets within a discrete area there's no reason you can't simply spy it visually on a CCIP attack using the waypoint as the general reference until you get a specific tally. Once you have a smoke plume you can reference from that instead.

Real pilots of course spend countless hours internalizing their trained methodologies that are part and parcel of how the systems are designed to be used. Real life also involves a lot more concern that you're hitting the right target so real pilots generally don't drop JDAMs on points they haven't named and entered manually. We bypass these safe guards but we also often bypass their strict methods that prevent the kind of clutter that often confounds us.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Is there any obvious reason that function was omitted in the first place?

I haven't missed it yet, since I usually copy the mark points I want to use into a flight plan, I am just curious.

Can't be classified I guess. :D

If I recall correctly from another thread the deleting of mark points is implemented in a later suite then the one we have in DCS.

I may be mistaken of cause :-)

Cheers

Hans

Guys should use the search functions. Stated many times of why it's not modeled in (hint) this version.

Yes later suites of a10s have this ability and more.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

That being said: I'd still like to have it. :-)

I'd love to have suite 7 A-10C but it isn't going to happen.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think every fan of the A-10C would gladly pay $20 or more for a more modern suite, with HMCS, color TGP, the new radios, more CDU functionality and so on.

But yeah, not going to happen.

To go from a suite 3/5ish we have now to suite 7 or 8 wouldn't be a 20 dollar upgrade IMO it is such a big difference it would be a full priced module. And I'd pay a lot more than full price for it.

And never say never

To go from a suite 3/5ish we have now to suite 7 or 8 wouldn't be a 20 dollar upgrade IMO it is such a big difference it would be a full priced module. And I'd pay a lot more than full price for it.

And never say never

Honestly, ED should release A-10C and Ka-50 source code or at least part of them; they are not going to be updated anymore, mods could introduce new features and they would be a great learning resource for people trying to inderstand how 3rd party aircraft works.

Regards!

Honestly, ED should release A-10C and Ka-50 source code or at least part of them

Honestly, that is probably not going to happen.

I think before ED can do anymore USA we need/have to get a Russian ASM aircraft from the FC3 lineup to be fair.:)

Sorry for the OT.

Last thing I really could care about is a coloured TGP.

Gimme hydraulic failures that actually happen and the ensuing need to actually use MRFCS, Mk82AIRs with realistic ballistic properties, JDAM symbology and functionality that exceeds 5% of the real thing's capability, Mk82 airburst fuzing with fragmentation effect, SADL and TAD functionality that represents its actual capabilities, an external flight planning and attack planning utility that simulates the Mission Data Cartridge of the real jet, and oh... I dunno... chocks. :D

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

JDAM symbology and functionality that exceeds 5% of the real thing's capability,(...) , SADL and TAD functionality that represents its actual capabilities,

Some time ago I was messing with A-10C lua files and found some additional functionality like you said that it's not activated in our version. I tried to uncomment the lines unsucessfully, the functionality should have been deactivated in the code I guess...

Regards!