Congratulations ED

You're not speaking for me, if I may say so.

I never moan or complain, I'm just happy to be able to fly which I could never do IRL.

First, because I'm too poor and

Second, because I'm probably too stupid. ;)

Anyway, I agree completely!

Too bad my machine can't handle those sweet depth of field effects. Maybe in 5 years... :D

My YouTube-Channel <--:thumbup: :joystick: :pilotfly:

I think i speak for more than just myself when i say very well done to all at Eagle Dynamics. The 1.5 release has massively improved everything about DCS in my eyes and the EDGE engine is fantastic.

+I know we moan now and again but we appreciate your hard work! Keep it up guys.

+1 Yes! You definitely speak for me, Mr. Sloanes. Well put! :thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

Too bad my machine can't handle those sweet depth of field effects. Maybe in 5 years... :D

Mine can't either - and it's not a loss. To me, that's a gimmick; unless ED has the chance to tweak them heavily over time, I just leave them off. :)

But I agree with the sentiment around here - EDGE is a phenomenal 3D engine that paves the way for a glorious simming future! Can't wait to see how 2.0 and NTTR and other new maps are shaping up. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Agreed, DCS 1.5 has far exceeded any expectations I had, I have been very pleasantly surprised! It is stunning with superb performance!

Goodbye 1.2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Sorry for being OT but i missed something. 1.5 already out? Wow what a news!!! I am running download it :)

Bye, SU

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz, GIGABYTE (AMD) Radeon R9 280X Series @ 3GB Video, ATI Radeon / Realtek HD SoundCard, GIGABYTE FX-990GAUD Motherboard, Samsung 840EVO SSD @ 120GB, WD Caviar Blue @ 1TB

Hi! Just dropping by to say thank you ED... :)

Well, it was a bit delayed, true, but to be honest, I expected the delay to be much worse. I was worried how unprofessional will ED look after missing just another deadline, but in the end, they handled it very professionally and resolved the issues in no time.

Credit where credit is due, thank you again ED team and now take some time off... You deserve it! :thumbup:

I'm glad it's free. But ya know? These guys have to make some cash at some point. I won't complain about modules. I bought the NTTR, even though it's a ways off. If ED produces more Allied WWII aircraft, I'll buy them, too. Seriously, I know I plop down $30 - $40 for other "toys" with no issue. Same thing should be in play for the add-ons.

DCS basic program was free - still is. But the WORK they put into this was HUGE. If I see someone bitching about module prices I'm just going to laugh at them and their twisted sense of balance.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Agreed all the way, HeadHunter. Sure, the modules aren't exactly cheap, but you can easily pay the same amount for an AAA gaming title which gives you what, 15 hours of gameplay? You might replay it once or twice if you feel like it, and that's it. DCS modules can keep you entertained for years, and at this time, nothing else gets you closer to actual flying except actually taking real airplane for a ride (which very few of us can, especially in case of military birds).

So yeah. More than once, I felt disappointed by the delays, sometimes, I felt disappointed by the bugs, but never, ever, felt I disappointed by the quality of DCS modules.

Its hard to fathom how big of an impact ED has on the flight sim community as a whole. They have pushed the standards of realism to an almost insane level, well beyond anything anyone else has ever attempted before. The possibilities in DCS World, especially now that we get to see what EDGE look and feel like, are almost endless from here on out. One of the key features of DCS World that was holding ED back, were the graphics and performance. Thanks to EDGE, DCS World easily enters (and probably even claims the top spot) the class of the highest fidelity flight sims. I created an image comparison to help illustrate this.

*WARNING* OPINION IMMINENT *WARNING*

attachment.php?attachmentid=122412&stc=1&d=1443812162

See? Nowhere close to EDGE level.

And then there is the Elephant in the room, the cockpits.

Arguably the best part of DCS is that you can flight aircraft, in a beautiful simulator, that allows you FULL ACCESS to EVERY PART OF THE AIRCRAFT. Every switch, button, knob, gauge, everything. Take the A-10C for example. Who else has a 1,000+ page manual for a vehicle in a simulator? Who else takes the time to meticulously model every detail and integration for systems not only for the casual game play, but also integrate these systems to fail correctly in the event of damage?

This stuff is what makes DCS so awesome. Sure it's not always perfect, but it is damn close.

Thank you ED.

You guys have created something so beautiful, that its legacy will almost certainly never die or be surpassed, and one who's legacy is still young and growing.

(:joystick::pilotfly::smartass::book::cry: :thumbup::megalol:)

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ All of us ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Frisco1522

DCSvsFlightSimXvsXPlane.thumb.png.afee134a18558c64e96b7ac246889651.png

• Like 1

And then there is the Elephant in the room, the cockpits.

Arguably the best part of DCS is that you can flight aircraft, in a beautiful simulator, that allows you FULL ACCESS to EVERY PART OF THE AIRCRAFT. Every switch, button, knob, gauge, everything. Take the A-10C for example. Who else has a 1,000+ page manual for a vehicle in a simulator? Who else takes the time to meticulously model every detail and integration for systems not only for the casual game play, but also integrate these systems to fail correctly in the event of damage?

Sorry but as awesome as 1.5 is and as a awesome as ED is, they need more study-sim level planes now. There are CRAPLOADS of payware add-ons for FSX/P3D that put the simulation aspect of DCS to complete shame.

DCS:FC3 is nice, but save for the KA-50, A-10C and Mig-21, every 3rd generation fighter is a dumbed down version of the real thing (Note: I don't count the training aircraft here as actual fighters). Systems aren't modeled at all, and FCS/Radar functionality is completely dumbed down.

It's nice seeing 3rd party devs working on products like the Mirage 2000C and the F-14, and ED on the F/A-18, but to say that DCS cockpits are 'the elephant in the room when you've got 3rd party devs for FSX that have been churning out fully 3D fully clickable cockpits with FULLY MODELED SYSTEMS for YEARS is disingenuous. DCS is still behind compared to other sims when it comes to systems modeling.

There are a lot of awesome things on the horizon and I know you're excited about 1.5 (and I say good job ED!) but lets not warp reality here...

Awesome job ED, I turned a Vietnam huey pilot onto DCS and he was amazed by the accuracy and realism. It made him smile and I could see he is really enjoying it. You guys made that happen, hats off, keep it up.

I think i speak for more than just myself when i say very well done to all at Eagle Dynamics. The 1.5 release has massively improved everything about DCS in my eyes and the EDGE engine is fantastic.

I know we moan now and again but we appreciate your hard work! Keep it up guys.

Damn riiight son :yes:

Kind regards,

Quentin.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic105862_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

Sorry but as awesome as 1.5 is and as a awesome as ED is, they need more study-sim level planes now. There are CRAPLOADS of payware add-ons for FSX/P3D that put the simulation aspect of DCS to complete shame.

DCS:FC3 is nice, but save for the KA-50, A-10C and Mig-21, every 3rd generation fighter is a dumbed down version of the real thing (Note: I don't count the training aircraft here as actual fighters). Systems aren't modeled at all, and FCS/Radar functionality is completely dumbed down.

It's nice seeing 3rd party devs working on products like the Mirage 2000C and the F-14, and ED on the F/A-18, but to say that DCS cockpits are 'the elephant in the room when you've got 3rd party devs for FSX that have been churning out fully 3D fully clickable cockpits with FULLY MODELED SYSTEMS for YEARS is disingenuous. DCS is still behind compared to other sims when it comes to systems modeling.

There are a lot of awesome things on the horizon and I know you're excited about 1.5 (and I say good job ED!) but lets not warp reality here...

Sorry for the double post, had to comment on that.

McDeth187, FC3 aircrafts have never been labelled as being 'Full' DCS quality modules. That means most of them are using SFM (Simple Flight Model) and only two of them (I think?) make use of an AFM (Advanced Flight Model). So I don't really get your point...there is no surprise behind that it's always been crystal clear.

You're bringing statements from other threads into this very thread to compare a simulator with another, you are drifting off topic, here it's just a thread to show our gratitude towards ED.

Just a quick note : 'Full' DCS modules are Professional-level simulations of the aircraft they represent. They are tested by real-life pilots, engineers and other people and certified as being as close to the reality as possible. They are at least as good, if not better than your standard, rank and file, simulation module on another platform. Hence the PFM (Professional Flight Model) labelling.

Edited by Quent

Kind regards,

Quentin.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic105862_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

Busy downloading, but based on comments all day today re 1.5 I just dropped another $150 on modules I dont have :thumbup:

Eagle Dynamics (DCS) is the future, and it looks bright!

:pilotfly:

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Sorry for the double post, had to comment on that.

McDeth187, FC3 aircrafts have never been labelled as being 'Full' DCS quality modules. That means most of them are using SFM (Simple Flight Model) and only two of them (I think?) make use of an AFM (Advanced Flight Model). So I don't really get your point...there is no surprise behind that it's always been crystal clear.

You're bringing statements from other threads into this very thread to compare a simulator with another, you are drifting off topic, here it's just a thread to show our gratitude towards ED.

Just a quick note : 'Full' DCS modules are Professional-level simulations of the aircraft they represent. They are tested by real-life pilots, engineers and other people and certified as being as close to the reality as possible. They are at least as good, if not better than your standard, rank and file, simulation module on another platform. Hence the PFM (Professional Flight Model) labelling.

F-15 and Su-27 use PFM

A-10A, Su-25 and Su-25T (I guess you can lob that in with FC3 style) use AFM/AFM+

Only Su-33 and MiG-29 use SFM and ED said those will be updated in the future.

Indeed!!! Quite a good work. Awesome true to life graphics, awesome performance, awesome and deep foundation for further develop to come that I hope to see.

Thanks for the hard work and congratulations to the whole ED team behind the scenes.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

This update is very near perfection. It's got its bugs but it's completely expected. ED in my opinion have mastered the almost perfect combat flight simulator. When 2.0 is released and polished after beta testing, I think it will be the ultimate flight sim of all time, hands down.

Happy Bug Hunting!

I have been around since LOMAC came out. That slow and groggy engine was a thorn from the beginning. Its been a real long time. But I haven't flown in a while, mostly stopped after flying the A10C for a while. Now I have come back with 1.5. Got the Mig21 to figure out :)

Got my HOTAS Cougar mostly working, TIR working, the unique and completely unsupported Tactile Feedback System 3!

And on top I am getting 100+ FPS. I knew the improvement was going to be good, but I had no real hope that the performance would be this good and have all the extra effects. Plain unbelievable. I sure hope it brings a lot of people back and new faces.

Plus with the prospect of Nevada and third party theatres. Then in the not too distant future hopefully the F18 and the added framework for A2G radar that will hopefully bring another good chunk of 3rd party modules.

Looking good. Hard to look back on the LOMAC days and expect it to have come to this.