DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, evensen007 said:

At this point with all the years of silence stacking up, I really wish a more experienced and established dev was put in stewardship of one of the most legendary and beloved WW2 fighter aircraft of all time. Imagine Heatblur carrying it's torch. Hell, they've released 3 modern jet aircraft recreations in the time M3 has been developing the corsair. 

Sorry mate, as usual people tends to forget quickly. HB was a part of Leatherneck and they abandoned the team leaving them alone with few resources. It's not HB is better, it's M3 is what it is right now because since HB abandoned they have been unable to rise their head from the punch. But luckily F4U will be a success so they can finally hire more people and get better after so many years.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, evensen007 said:

At this point with all the years of silence stacking up, I really wish a more experienced and established dev was put in stewardship of one of the most legendary and beloved WW2 fighter aircraft of all time. Imagine Heatblur carrying it's torch. Hell, they've released 3 modern jet aircraft recreations in the time M3 has been developing the corsair. 

What "silence"?

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2024 at 6:01 AM, Silver_Dragon said:

What "silence"?

Silence might not be totally accurate but it's not far off. They post a screenshot maybe every 6 months or so and the occasional update about what they've been doing, never with any indication of timeframe for release (which even if they did do, would be worthless given how long it's taken to this point). 

Nothing but yarns since 2019.

At this point even if they did put it into early access or even release it, I don't think it'd ever be "finished". To my knowledge, so far the only project they have solely to their name is the Christen Eagle.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shibbyland said:

Silence might not be totally accurate but it's not far off. They post a screenshot maybe every 6 months or so and the occasional update about what they've been doing, never with any indication of timeframe for release (which even if they did do, would be worthless given how long it's taken to this point). 

Nothing but yarns since 2019.

At this point even if they did put it into early access or even release it, I don't think it'd ever be "finished". To my knowledge, so far the only project they have solely to their name is the Christen Eagle.

Remember M3 maintain the Mig-21Bis, from the leatherneck times. And about a silences, has many 3rd parties here with dont put none about yarns from some years ago, include dont posting a develop update from more time (years) with the M3 "6 months updates"... and someone of them, dont have any module released.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

12 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Remember M3 maintain the Mig-21Bis, from the leatherneck times. And about a silences, has many 3rd parties here with dont put none about yarns from some years ago, include dont posting a develop update from more time with the M3 "6 months updates"... and someone of them, dont have any module released.

The absence of information from other developers doesn't make magnitude 3 a credible developer simply because they post the odd screenshot. The MiG 21 is from the days when Heatblur and Magnitude 3 were joined. Since that split, Heatblur have surged ahead and Magnitude 3 are where they are.

Fair play to them, I hope they succeed but their rate of progress would suggest we can't expect great things from them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shibbyland said:

The absence of information from other developers doesn't make magnitude 3 a credible developer simply because they post the odd screenshot. The MiG 21 is from the days when Heatblur and Magnitude 3 were joined. Since that split, Heatblur have surged ahead and Magnitude 3 are where they are.

Fair play to them, I hope they succeed but their rate of progress would suggest we can't expect great things from them.

You clearly have never had a pint of Guinness 

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

7 hours ago, Shibbyland said:

Negative mate, MiG-21 (2014) was a module from even before everything of that. Heatblur didn't "make" the MiG-21, it was already there, they helped for sure in some cleaning and later coding at some point, I wouldn't know (so wouldn't you unless you were in the team, right?) the exact things they did but I believe the split team later known as Heatblur only joined Leatherneck after the MiG-21 was released and it was successful so they could hire more people. HB aided in the Leatherneck's Viggen module, and was there in the Leatherneck Tomcat by the way 😜 . So, they're capable for sure, just without more people to help they apparently remain a very small team, and I believe we can expect great things from them because we've already seen them in the past, not the other way around.

You negative people always look for the blemish in others while you're blind to other's huge faults mate, don't you really get exhausted from that attitude?

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

9 hours ago, Shibbyland said:

Negative, please remember the history, we have know what happen here (google are your friend)....The Mig-21Bis was build first by Leatherneck 3rd Party on 2014 (On fact, comming by a KS, and previously by a mod by beczl). On that times, none has khow about the called Heatblur or M3 3rd parties. Remember leatherneck 3rd Party was posting regular updates about a F-14 develop module on 2015, and the AJS-37 module on 2016, before the 3rd party Split and the form of Heatblur and Magnitude 3 (and no, never was "joined"). 

The problem was the actual "Heatblur" team split from Leatherneck 3rd party on 2017 and form own 3rd Party, not opposite. On fact ones of the problems with force the split was the F4U claims, some of the Leatherneck team (actual Heatblur) was none interest on the F4U (and the "claimed" Iwo Jima map), and move away...

Other Fact, the Mig-21Bis was "claimed" initialy by HB, but end on M3. M3 need to start from the ashes, yes, with the main develop force move away to HB... and many of your big modules on progress before split. M3 restart with the CE2 and some updates on the Mig-21bis, but the module has turned old with the past of time and require a rework. We need wait to the release of F4U, and surely more coming in the future. And about of "credible developer", remember ED has working to M3, to release a joint Pacific WW2 movement to push them with 2 modules (F4U/F6F) and ED and M3 Pacific assets Packs.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 5

If it took 14 years for the OH-58 to come to life, 8 years is a good number for the F4U to me.  So far its been a great year for module releases; looking hard to see if this one is released before summer but Im expecting it when the WW2 Marianas map gets released. Theres not enough stoke in the world to explain how stoked I will be when it finally comes out!

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

No body from Heatblur, except Cobra worked on the MiG-21bis.

The original Swede team that was making a Viggen mod, joined "LNS", and worked only on that with slight help from LNS programmers.

The F-14 had been originally worked on by LNS only, with possible help from unknown sources.

After the split, the agreement was that LNS maintained the MiG-21bis and continue with the F4U-1D along with all acquired PAO assets.  And Heatblur would get the F-14 and Viggen.

During our time together, the CE2, F4U, F14 and Viggen were al being developed at the same time.  Out of respect and privacy, I will not delve into the reasons of the split, however, it had nothing to do with the module development, or the "likes / love / interests" of the aircraft.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD, 1 x 15TB SSD U.2

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

1 hour ago, -Rudel- said:

The original Swede team that was making a Viggen mod, joined "LNS", and worked only on that with slight help from LNS programmers.

The F-14 had been originally worked on by LNS only, with possible help from unknown sources.

After the split, the agreement was that LNS maintained the MiG-21bis and continue with the F4U-1D along with all acquired PAO assets.  And Heatblur would get the F-14 and Viggen.

During our time together, the CE2, F4U, F14 and Viggen were al being developed at the same time.  Out of respect and privacy, I will not delve into the reasons of the split, however, it had nothing to do with the module development, or the "likes / love / interests" of the aircraft.

How many people are currently working on the F4U at the moment? Any idea?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

19 hours ago, -Rudel- said:

Thanks for the clarification Rudel!! I was talking by memory and who knows so many years later what's correct about that or not. Still, I wasn't that carried away  :thumbup: .