DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Translation of the book, or the transcript? :)

I can help with the transcript. Note that this is translated from russian to swedish to english ;)

Soviet Controller: He lost speed, huh?

Flagon Wingman: He was descending behind the Viggen. We increased the distance and he (Zjiguljov, the Pilot of the fateful Flagon) was above. He passed me and dove in behind the Viggen. He went out, and then this! I saw it all, even the splash.

SC: You were both descending together?

FW: I was at 200m altitude.

SC: Are you sure about 200m?

FW: No, he was lower, but I did not go below him. I was not below him, and the target was even lower.

SC: You got the altitude 1000m. (Understood as a restriction)

FW: (No reply)

SC: What was the approximate target altitude?

FW: The target was lower than I. Probably 100m, perhaps even lower.

Thx :)) But technically I meant the entire book :D !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

There were absolutely no serious updates about the Viggen st all. "Nothing worth updating" is a strange statement

Not officially branded as update but there was better info from some Devs then some official updates imho.

And with not worth updating I meant, there is no point in putting a "we are coding" update after a "we are coding" update.

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't forget that LN was "forced" to announce the Viggen after the Steam leak.

I don't think they intended to say anything until just prior to release.

In March-ish of 2015 Cobra said they would announce their two other projects "within the next couple months". And here we are a year and a half later.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

In March-ish of 2015 Cobra said they would announce their two other projects "within the next couple months". And here we are a year and a half later.

..and it has been brought up about a thousand times by now. And each time I apologize profusely, Half-Life 3 is delayed by another month.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

...and?

Seriously, this is the story of like every flight sim since the mid 90s. Feeling entitled and getting upset isn't doesn't help anything, and it isn't going to make the jet arrive any faster.

..and it has been brought up about a thousand times by now. And each time I apologize profusely, Half-Life 3 is delayed by another month.

Darn it Nicholas! Lamarr must be returned to us forthwith! We will accept nothing less!:megalol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu81INhQdiqrVj7FoObs-dA8lk9PeMgdVz0mSMDiXtPzehnC-T

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

For reference, this is why most devs have stopped putting anything relating to time. They get grief even if it's vague and over a massive timespan.

They might as well just preempt everyone and say "within the next 5 years" on the initial annoucement/reveal and be done with it.

Getting back to topic though, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what this module brings to the table.

And just a quick update for everyone:

We're still working on solving bugs and merging new artwork into our existing codebase.

Many of the items in the July update are being checked off-- but we're still a ways out.

That sounds like 2 more weeks ;)

Thanks for the update though it is appreciated :thumbup:

Yea, they do fly it pretty carefully these days. Speaking of which I'm going to take the opportunity to repost my favorite Viggen air show clip again just because it's so awesome.

I mean, here we are: Rovaniemi in Finnish Lapland, of all god-forsaken places. I mean, it's not a tiny city and it does have a fairly big airport, but it's what I'd call a place "långt bortom all ära och redlighet" as Tove Jansson so nicely put it. The runway is literally on the arctic circle. Most display pilots wouldn't ever come within hundreds of kilometers of being this far north, let alone to this little bit of reindeer-infested taiga that's about as remote as you can get in the entire European Union while still having a commercial airport. And of course the weather's absolutely miserable: visibility's bad, cloud base is low and the rain is doing that kind of steady drizzling that just makes you feel like it's late in November regardless of what month it actually is. Even if this had been the Paris Air Show, I'm pretty sure most display pilots just wouldn't have bothered flying on a day like this.

And yet, just to spite everything in this world that hates fun, here comes the JA 37, lines up, fires up max zone 3 and goes to town. It's beautiful.

Welcome to Finland, dear neighbour.

But come now, there still is the commercial airport of Ivalo, which actually had a Concorde land there years back! And that Is a Tiny place... still some four hours of driving north of Rovaniemi... And besides, Rovaniemi is the home base of Lapland Air Command, hosting Fighter Squadron 11. At times they operate from the northern bases as well.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Wait leatherneck are doing half life 3 as well? Well now I am excited.

Actually... My theory, and I can back this up with evidence, is that the AI in HL3 got to be so advanced that it became aware of its own existence and are now developing DCS modules, calling itself Leatherneck.

I mean, do Cobra seem human to you..?

I have a release date to announce, because an email came in:

Hej!

Nu är äntligen del 3 av SFI för AJS37 avhemligad och den ligger på hyllan i ditt namn.

Kapitel 5 är dock fortfarande hemligt.

Hälsningar,

REDACTED

1. bibliotekarie

Krigsarkivet, The Military Archives of Sweden

Banérgatan 64

115 88 Stockholm

I'm not sure exactly what chapter 5 contains but I believe it's most likely weapon systems-related (RBS 15 or possibly bk 90). Look forward to Monday for more flight manuals.

I have a release date to announce, because an email came in:

I'm not sure exactly what chapter 5 contains but I believe it's most likely weapon systems-related (RBS 15 or possibly bk 90). Look forward to Monday for more flight manuals.

Glorious ! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, I found something. No idea if this has been posted here already, but here's some sweet low level flying and Viggen HUD video...

But... the music... wtf is wrong with the music... It's like someone put 2 or 3 songs playing at the same time...

There is also a version on youtube without the terrible overlapping musix.

That one is cool though:

What is falu ? o.0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]