DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Goes on flight. Joins up with f14 flies over ww2 carrier with corsair taking off.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I have a feeling that every technical aspect and knowledge of AJS-37 Viggen has been covered at least three times in this thread :book:

Somewhere deep in the thread there's probably even a chart for changes in the tires contact-surface-area with the ground relative to payload, outside barometric pressures and temperature

How far can it go before the viggen release can save us

Its also possible that it releases after the stream. imo that makes more sense than teasing the announcement of the release date. Its also more sensible to build the hype towards a release, rather than have it fizzle in between the 28th and however long there still is after that.

Yeah, the 28th is a Monday and I have at least some hope for a release on the Friday after. :notworthy:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is so silly. Why not just ask Cobra about the release date instead of speculating?

- Hi Cobra. Me and some other fellas on the forums would like to know when the

AJS37 Viggen is to be released. Please state date and time. Thanks!

Because he won't tell ;)

We're trying that since June 2015. :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is so silly. Why not just ask Cobra about the release date instead of speculating?

- Hi Cobra. Me and some other fellas on the forums would like to know when the

AJS37 Viggen is to be released. Please state date and time. Thanks!

I love your optimism :thumbup:

We should get one very soon though.

Either on the 28th or very soon after,

(since at that point it should be fully announced unless the 28th Stream is just Trolling xD but if it is there will be a price put on cobras head)

But just imagine the stream starts you see the Leatherneck Logo.

And then it cuts away to this xD.

That would be both hilarious but yet extremely infuriating at the same time xD

it feels like something Cobra could do xD.

That would be cruel and hilarious :lol:

I would be mad and laughing my ass off at the same time :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cobra is going to release another teaser and laugh at us while having a cuban and a glass of scoth neat

A cuban and a scotch?

More like coffee and a stroke.

Don't put any hopes into any dates for a release unless it actually says so explicitly. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'm so excited my nipples could cut glass!

Haha, that's a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I myself wasn't all that exited about Viggen at first, however the more I see and hear of it, the more I am looking forward to it. looks good, kinda grows on ya. definatly going to buy it

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Assuming the pre-purchase starts around the livestream (November 28 ) and the whole "2-3 week pre-purchase" thing happens that puts like two weeks between the Viggen and spitfire releases. The spit is officially said to release on December 16th.

Wondering if there has been a change of plans on LN's side? It seems unlikely there would be so little time between releases.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

i dont understand why the Spit and the Viggen could not be released close together though as i dont understand how they compete since they are completely different and appeal to different people allot of the time.

(Since some are interested in ww2 aircraft and some are interested in more modern aircraft and then some are equally interested in both).

And if you want the Spit and the Viggen then you will get both sooner or later.

I think most aircraft for DCS are released when they are ready (and some times sooner ^^)

and not really held back due to release dates of other aircraft modules.

Edited by mattebubben

• ED Team
i dont understand why the Spit and the Viggen could not be released close together though as i dont understand how they compete since they are completely different and appeal to different people allot of the time.

(Since some are interested in ww2 aircraft and some are interested in more modern aircraft and then some are equally interested in both).

And if you want the Spit and the Viggen then you will get both sooner or later.

Adding a module to a release build can have a host of issues, adding two at the same time might just be more trouble than needed.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Adding a module to a release build can have a host of issues, adding two at the same time might just be more trouble than needed.

Kinda what I thought.

Welp I'm just gonna be hopelessly over optimistic by assuming the Viggen is closer than we think.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

You can be sure that every day we are 1 day closer to release ;)

Confirmed! Viggen release tomorrow! J/K! :pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals