DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

Another question: is it possible to determine the 'ripple' setting of 120Kg bombs in the aircraft or is it pre-defined at startup?

Well the bombs drop in a predetermined order from the aircraft.

In the manual there's a selector on page 98 no: 9 called "Weapons Sight mode selector" on that you select the distance you want between the bombs in meters.

It's goes from 10m to 30m in 5 m intervals and then to 60 in 10m intervals.

I wish they would add an option in the comms menu to have your wingman follow you in close and drop their bombs on target at the same with as you to really recreate a proper Viggen strike. Otherwise they will be useless!

Thoughts?

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thoughts?

Sure, would be great. But at the current point I'd be glad if the wingmen would conistently start their engines and take off at mission start or refrain from CFITing for no apparent reason. That would be a start.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I wish they would add an option in the comms menu to have your wingman follow you in close and drop their bombs on target at the same with as you to really recreate a proper Viggen strike. Otherwise they will be useless!

Thoughts?

I think that is a great idea. I fear that the current AI is unable to cope with low level, high threat, one pass attack operations. Gluing them on to your wing to reinforce your bomb and rocket fire would probable make them a little more worthwhile.

Go multiplayer, it's the only way. I'm sure there's a Canadian DCS community out there.

I like to fly on both mp and sp. I especially had the campain in mind.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can the Viggen hold its own against enemy fighters like the SU27 and Mig 29?

If the Viggen pilot is very creative and tricky, yes. Its only air to air armament is (semi) modern sidewinders.

Given pilots of equal skill, absolutely not.

But if all else fails you can just zone 3 the f**k out of there.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Viggen have no chance versus mig-29 and su-27 for me.

Only if the pilot do a mistake and u get the chance, but you better get out lol.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Can the Viggen hold its own against enemy fighters like the SU27 and Mig 29?

You should make a difference between the fighter version (JA37) and the other versions like the AJS37. And between BVR and WVR situations.

The only situation where the outcome would be hard to predict is in a BVR fight between JA37D's carrying AMRAAM and SU27 / MiG29. But in a WVR/Dogfight situation the Russian jets would have the advantage. Viggens were never designed for dogfighting. Maybe one exeption: in a true dogfight with cannons only, the automated Oerlikon cannon of the JA37 could be devastating in the first pass and turn.

How (s)low can you go