DCS: AJS-37 Viggen Discussion

VEPR 12

"Talk to me, moose"

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Talk to me, moose"

"Damn moose, it's Viper!"

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Talk to me, moose"

LOL, that's a good one :lol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A moose, actually. :pilotfly:

well actually no =P.

In British English its ELK and the only reason the name in American english changed is due to a mistake/cofusion.

When the first colonists from England got to North America the Elk (or Moose)

they knew kinda what a Elk (moose) was as it existed in the european mainland but since it has been Extinct in Britain for a long time already none of them had ever seen one.

So when the Saw a large 4 legged animal with Antlers (Wapiti) they called it an Elk.

So when they found a real elk (moose) the name was already taken xD.

But Internationally Elk is name for moose and most European languages have names very close to Elk in their own languages (as they are all related)

(Alces Alces in Latin, Elk in English,Elch in German,Elg in Danish / Norweigan,Älg in Swedish,Alce in spanish and so on)

Sorry for the Language Lecture ^^.

well actually no =P.

In British English its ELK and the only reason the name in American english changed is due to a mistake/cofusion.

When the first colonists from England got to North America the Elk (or Moose)

they knew kinda what a Elk (moose) was as it existed in the european mainland but since it has been Extinct in Britain for a long time already none of them had ever seen one.

So when the Saw a large 4 legged animal with Antlers (Wapiti) they called it an Elk.

So when they found a real elk (moose) the name was already taken xD.

But Internationally Elk is name for moose and most European languages have names very close to Elk in their own languages (as they are all related)

(Alces Alces in Latin, Elk in English,Elch in German,Elg in Danish / Norweigan,Älg in Swedish,Alce in spanish and so on)

Sorry for the Language Lecture ^^.

:lol:No your not, you loved every bit of that!

-I know that the poem eluded to maybe in May we may get a Viggen. I would love to see one of those fancy announcements for them. I really enjoy the detail they throw into the posts. Here's hoping that the month goes smoothly for the Leatherneck crew

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

May is over so no Viggen.

Maybe june announcement?

Doubtful. From my experience in software projects, nobody wants to release anything immediately before a vacation (or even a weekend). Something always goes wrong and needs to be hotfixed and that's hard to do if everyone just disappeared off to vacation. I strongly doubt anything will happen over summer. Hope for September I guess.

Doubtful. From my experience in software projects, nobody wants to release anything immediately before a vacation (or even a weekend). Something always goes wrong and needs to be hotfixed and that's hard to do if everyone just disappeared off to vacation. I strongly doubt anything will happen over summer. Hope for September I guess.

Ah man, can I have a 3 month vacation? That sounds awesome.

nobody wants to release anything immediately before a vacation (or even a weekend).

The irony in this statement is that ED seems to release all of their updates on Friday (directly before a weekend).

I guess ED and their partners are gluttons for punishment (or at least masochists... ;)).

How else could they tolerate this forum :megalol:

(kidding...sort of)

-Nick

PS - Like everyone else, I really hope it's sooner than September

I'm assuming they ran into a problem with it and it got delayed.

They don't seem to like to keep us in the loop.

Well, we kind of forced out way into the loop by revealing there was a Viggen project at all. If they had their will we wouldn't even know the thing existed yet and would not be tormenting them about it weekly. :P

Well, we kind of forced out way into the loop by revealing there was a Viggen project at all. If they had their will we wouldn't even know the thing existed yet and would not be tormenting them about it weekly. :P

The thing is, majority of us were 95 percent sure of both unannounced modules for like a year or so before the leak, and were pestering them with "announce it already" :P.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The thing is, majority of us were 95 percent sure of both unannounced modules for like a year or so before the leak, and were pestering them with "announce it already" :P.

So true, in fact it was the topic my very first post on the forum (March 2015):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2347710&postcount=117

Also, Cobra mentioned that there is already a teaser trailer....can't hurt to give us quick look.

(unless it hurts someone...like Homer Simpson said)

-Nick

Maybe something tomorrow about Viggen in the newsletter?

Id like to see something like video or screenies like this ;):

viggen.jpg

Mod.

BMS:

[ame]

[/ame] .
Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ah man, can I have a 3 month vacation? That sounds awesome.

You get a minimum of 5 weeks (25 working days, that is) a year in Sweden, by law. Many companies offer more as a benefit. A lot of people take at least 3-4 uninterrupted weeks in the summer. It's not like the entire office goes off for three months at the same time, a lot of businesses slow down markedly during the summer months because important people go off and come back at different intervals. Nothing at all of import ever happens in the business world between Midsummer and the end of July.

Edited by renhanxue

You get a minimum of 5 weeks (25 working days, that is) a year in Sweden, by law. Many companies offer more as a benefit. A lot of people take at least 3-4 uninterrupted weeks in the summer. It's not like the entire office goes off for three months at the same time, a lot of businesses slow down markedly during the summer months because important people go off and come back at different intervals. Nothing at all of import ever happens in the business world between Midsummer and the end of July.

Plentiful is vacation is great for the soul. I am allotted a decent amount of vacation given my profession (almost 8 weeks including "official holidays"). But it's tough for me to take 3-4 weeks at a time. I am envious of that part. :)

-Nick

There's a newsletter tomorrow?

Should be, just like (almost) every friday.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=151478

ED newsletter, not LNS. I doubt there will be anything bigger about the Viggen in the ED newsletter untill LNS makes an official announcement.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

ED newsletter, not LNS. I doubt there will be anything bigger about the Viggen in the ED newsletter untill LNS makes an official announcement.

Cant agree. Did You see the release of SA342M and announcement of developer about the release? No, it was only in newsletter from ED for DCS 2.0, so its possible.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cant agree. Did You see the release of SA342M and announcement of developer about the release? No, it was only in newsletter from ED for DCS 2.0, so its possible.

I'm not saying it's not possible. I just said I doubt it and the reason for this is the way LNS (and maybe also VEAO) handles stuff like that. It's a bit different to the way Polychop (or even BST) does it.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg