Slew rate of TGP

bunraku

another great way of getting sensors on target is to click CHT aft short to instantly slew the TGP to where your nose is pointing. Then, look outside your window and point the nose of your aircraft (or better, the TGP diamond on your HUD) on the target location and you are there. Especially at close range for me this works better than looking through the straw and slew over a greater distance :)

another great way of getting sensors on target is to click CHT aft short to instantly slew the TGP to where your nose is pointing. Then, look outside your window and point the nose of your aircraft (or better, the TGP diamond on your HUD) on the target location and you are there. Especially at close range for me this works better than looking through the straw and slew over a greater distance :)

Yes, this is a must have skill to develop -- finding targets by looking out your window. If you don't have a waypoint on the target or a JTAC, another method is to use the TAD. Make your HUD SOI, then slew the box over the target (you will have to turn directly on to the target to do this, so make sure you have plenty of distance), make it SPI then slave all to SPI.

Not really the OP's question but a good topic to discuss nonetheless.

Wish we could have HMIT! Especially with the RIFT coming out. :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

RightStuff, The amount of immersion you get from OR is *BEYOND* belief.

MFDs work just find because your hand reaches out and you know where you OSBs are. CDU's will probably work the same. In fact, I'm actually building out about 40-50 switches right now for easier use with OR. But we can get back to our regularly scheduled show. :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I find that zooming out with TGP to speed up slew and then zooming back in for fine adjustment is efficient. I wouldn't want to increase the slew rate too much as it would invalidate the slew speed ratios tied to zoom level.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

RightStuff, The amount of immersion you get from OR is *BEYOND* belief.

I definitely believe that!

MFDs work just find because your hand reaches out and you know where you OSBs are. CDU's will probably work the same. In fact, I'm actually building out about 40-50 switches right now for easier use with OR. But we can get back to our regularly scheduled show. :)

Curious to see your final result! :)

Looking at this version of OR I'm sceptic how it will work with a real pit, because you can't see anything 'outside the box. But let's wait and see...

Hi

I know on MAV's how to change the slew rate of the cursor, but how do you change it for the TGP?

Thanks

STAT OSB

NEXT (OSB 1)

DOWN ARROW (OSB 15?) until TGP is selected and SLEW is option on right side (OSB-8?)

Use UFC or CDU keypad to select new rate...insert into OSB 8.

Done from memory...might not be correct...but close.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

STAT OSB

NEXT (OSB 1)

DOWN ARROW (OSB 15?) until TGP is selected and SLEW is option on right side (OSB-8?)

Slew option isn't there..??

STAT OSB

NEXT (OSB 1)

DOWN ARROW (OSB 19) until THRTL is selected and SLEW is option on right side (OSB-8?)

So close! Fixed in red. :thumbup:

dcs_sig.jpg

Just a question: you can set slew rate on the THRTL page in the STAT page, but as I can remeber, TGP has his own slew rate setting option within the TGP CTRL page. Does this change the slew rate for the TGP only, or setting the TGP slew rate actually overwrites the "general" slew rate you can set in the STAT menu for all sensors? Just asking because I wanted to know if TAD slew rate is adjustable individually or not? I would like to lower TAD slew rate, but that of TGP is OK, so maybe I can set the general slew rate lower for TAD (and everything) in STAT, then I can adjust slew rate for the TGP only from within the TGP CNTRL page?

I just adjusted saturation in options for my slew control on my throttle, sped everything up to where I like it. No messing around with individual settings in the cockpit every time I go up. But to each their own. Also, TGP speed is very much dependent on how much it's zoomed in, so I can use that to slow it down or speed it up as needed. It has given me a much faster reaction time in combat, especially when using the HUD to set SPI.

On a similar, but separate issue do any of you guys struggle to see things in the pod? I am using 1.5 and have all settings maxed out. I just made a custom issue with me versus an OSA and although I knew where it was as i made the mission I really struggled to see find it in any of the camera modes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@Harzach

''Originally Posted by Sierra99 viewpost.gif

STAT OSB

NEXT (OSB 1)

DOWN ARROW (OSB 19) until THRTL is selected and SLEW is option on right side (OSB-8?)

Done from memory...might not be correct...but close.''

...works as you described above, thx man. But is it possible to adjust tgp slew rate in the tgp cntrl page directly without diverting over to the other mfcd? If not, i guess the quickest way is to quickly switch the mfcds via hostas so one has not to glace on the over side of the front dash each time adjusting the tgp slew rate.