The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

I don't have that behaviour at all.  For me the app works the same now as it always has in the past.  It has never remembered the previous build/preset for me, which would be nice.

I just have to remember to select the build and preset if it doesn't launch with the ones I want.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

image.png

This is the behavior i'm talking about, never seen that before 2.8.x
Just try to select it like that yourself, impossible.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I understand what you mean, but I'm just not seeing that.  Works OK here.

s1.jpg

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

2 hours ago, imacken said:

@SkateZillawill the new version remember the last settings for 'Select Build' and 'Select Preset'?  That would make a big difference. The number of times I have hit launch, only to see the Stable version coming up, when I was expecting OB.  Similar to launching VR preset when I wanted monitor!

The current version should remember the build that was last selected,
As for preset, it should set the preset that was active in the event of an app crash and restore while DCS is running still,

But as far as preset between builds, it wont, there's too many variables with files moving/missing to force that behavior.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hmm.. so I deleted my user config file and set up the app again, and so far, it is remembering the last build and OK with the last preset as well.  I'll keep a lookout on this.  Thanks.  

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

As for preset, it should set the preset that was active in the event of an app crash and restore while DCS is running still,
But as far as preset between builds, it wont, there's too many variables with files moving/missing to force that behavior.

I only have one build (OB) so the preset behavior between builds should not be a problem in my case.
But it still loads the default preset on each first start of the app, whatever preset is selected, previously or new.
On the second run, the correct preset is used.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

@SkateZilla Hi, as it seems we might get MT today. Is there anyway to trick your app to use that new .exe?

Cheers!

not in the current app build no,

the New App when released will support all the new goodies, but it's still in testing.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

not in the current app build no,

the New App when released will support all the new goodies, but it's still in testing.
No problem! Thanks for the reply!

Cheers!

PS: I know you've said no. But please consider Patreon or something. I use your app EVERY DAY, I feel like giving something in return!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is no way to use the launcher with MT currently.

• Like 1

So, do we have to manually rename the presets to use them?

Start from directory:

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt

Launching Multithreading DCS
For the standalone version from our eShop DCS:

After next Open Beta update, you can find the new folder "bin-mt" in your DCS Open Beta main root folder where you have installed DCS Open Beta. i.e. "D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\". 

To launch the multithreading version, navigate to the "bin-mt" folder and launch DCS.exe from it. i.e. "D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe". 

For your convenience, you may want to create a shortcut for "D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" on your desktop. 

Be advised that the DCS launch shortcut that is automatically created on your desktop after DCS installation will launch the DCS updater from i.e. "D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe". You may have gotten used to the process where you launch DCS and it checks for available updates before launching the game. If you make a shortcut for the multithreading version (i.e. "D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe") then this shortcut will launch DCS, and it will not check for updates before launching the game.

Edited by SilentOtto
  • Like 1
  • P51-D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk.IX | Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst | Anton | Dora | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet |Flaming Cliffs 3
  • Normandy 2 | Channel | Syria | Supercarrier | WWII Assets Pack
  • Hotas Warthdog + Throttle |TPR Pendular rudder| TrackIR | Logitech Flightpanels
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB RAM, RTX3770, 2xLEXAR SSD NM620 1TB

So, do we have to manually rename the presets to use them?

It would prolly be a good idea to make new presets w/ MT anyway, 
But the Binaries will only be separate for so long,
The new version of the App may be ready by the end of March, but it really depends on circumstances beyond my control (and EDs for that matter).

Myself and the other testers have been abusing the new functions, some are still WIP, others are being cleaned and condensed.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 8

👌👍

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I have made a trick, i created a shortcut to DCS MT in a folder then configured a custom app in Updater GUI that links to this shrotcut, now i can launch DCS MT from DCS Updater Utility
Nice.
Does it still requires putting the force VR enable clause at the end of mt dcs.exe file or the gui updater would do that behind as it does for the old single thread exe file?

Secondly, the folder created, would that be place within the dcs\openbeta\bin?

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

1 hour ago, icemaker said:

I have made a trick, i created a shortcut to DCS MT in a folder then configured a custom app in Updater GUI that links to this shrotcut, now i can launch DCS MT from DCS Updater Utility

Is that not just running the shortcut though?  You can't actually use any of the Utility's functions on it can you?  Sorry if I'm missing something.

6 minutes ago, Eaglewings said:

Nice.
Does it still requires putting the force VR enable clause at the end of mt dcs.exe file or the gui updater would do that behind as it does for the old single thread exe file?

Secondly, the folder created, would that be place within the dcs\openbeta\bin?

Ryzen 5 5600: RTX 3070: 32g Ram: Virpil Cm3 Throttle :Thrustmaster warthog flight stick: Thrustmaster TFRP rudder:Samsung Odyssey plus Vr headset :

The app is still working as expected the shrotcut is just for launching MT, instead of clicking on "Launch" button you have to click the configured app

• Like 2

Yes.. 100% Launching DCS Muilti-Thread from the External Applications has been working like a charm.

• I am looking forward to the Upgraded GUI Utility that is coming. 
  • I am sure the new DCS Updater GUI Utility will have a few bugs but Skatezilla will make short work of any issues. 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Sorry, can I ask again, does this method not just run the shortcut?  Presumably you can't actually use any of the Utility's functions - e.g. choosing presets - though, or am I wrong in saying that?

3 hours ago, imacken said:

Sorry, can I ask again, does this method not just run the shortcut?  Presumably you can't actually use any of the Utility's functions - e.g. choosing presets - though, or am I wrong in saying that?

I had the same question. I tried  it (Using the external app option) and indeed is only running the shortcut without any other functionality from the DCS Updater 

• Like 1

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Guys, for me, the most useful aspect of the Utility was the ability to choose presets.  I had one for monitor and one for VR and I chose them from the drop down menu in Skate's Utility - obviously.

Now that we have to (temporarily) run MT from a shortcut, it was a bit of a pain to copy across the lua files to swap between monitor and VR.  So, I put together a very simple batch file that offers the choice of monitor or VR settings, and then copies the appropriate one into Options.lua and runs DCS MT.

I have attached it here if anyone would like to use it.  Obviously, you will have to edit it to input your own paths and file names, but it's pretty useful.

DCS MT Options.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Guys, for me, the most useful aspect of the Utility was the ability to choose presets.  I had one for monitor and one for VR and I chose them from the drop down menu in Skate's Utility - obviously.

Now that we have to (temporarily) run MT from a shortcut, it was a bit of a pain to copy across the lua files to swap between monitor and VR.  So, I put together a very simple batch file that offers the choice of monitor or VR settings, and then copies the appropriate one into Options.lua and runs DCS MT.

I have attached it here if anyone would like to use it.  Obviously, you will have to edit it to input your own paths and file names, but it's pretty useful.

DCS MT Options.zip 498 B · 4 downloads

Thanks for the work-around, I appreciate saving me some time doing the same. As a note to others...you'll need to copy/create two configuration files, Options VR MT.lua (from Options.lua.VR) and Options 2D MT.lua (from Options.lua). Also ANY changes to the DCS configuration while running will NOT be saved by the script as the main Options.lua file is overwritten at each running of this batch file.