The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

36 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

@SkateZilla could i please ask you to consider a feature request, could we have the script launched linked to the profile or VR non VR ? and could we have a script run after DCS.exe has unloaded?

You mean have the ability to choose and launch different scripts? can you elaborate more?

Also, please elaborate on dcs.exe unloaded, like what type of function ( I would need an example to determine viability)

51 minutes ago, sobe said:

Skatezilla

The settings button that I was refering to is the button you describe below.  I cannot figure how to select a bulid.  I have used your older version for years without any issues.

Using the App:

-From the main screen, Press the Settings Button

There's Folder Icons for each build, and they have tool tips that explain what they are.

image.png

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

50 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

You mean have the ability to choose and launch different scripts? can you elaborate more?

I would like to run different scripts if i am starting VR vs if I am starting in 2D mode ?

51 minutes ago, SkateZilla said:

Also, please elaborate on dcs.exe unloaded, like what type of function ( I would need an example to determine viability)

so after i have finished running DCS, i would like to be able to automate a clean up, so stopping say WMR after i have finished etc... 

does that make sense ?

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 7/4/2023 at 8:11 AM, diamond26 said:

That's an interesting finding, as I was also under the impression that MT wasn't available for Oculus API (based on previous testing and all the discussions in the forum)

@Lange_666 I tested it and you are right!  Skatezilla's switch for Oculus API works in MT.

Edited by diamond26

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

vor 12 Minuten schrieb diamond26:

@Lange_666 I tested it and you are right! For whatever reason Skatezilla's switch for Oculus API works in MT

Interesting. MT should only support OpenXR currently. 

Will be able to test later. Are you sure it's the dcs.exe from bin-mt?
I think it can be verified with task manager - right click dcs.exe - open file location.

How do you know it's using Oculus API?

Maybe the last patch changed something...

Edited by Sile

13 minutes ago, Sile said:

Interesting. MT should only support OpenXR currently. 

Will be able to test later. Are you sure it's the dcs.exe from bin-mt?
I think it can be verified with task manager - right click dcs.exe - open file location.

How do you know it's using Oculus API?

Maybe the last patch changed something...

I believe all this time we didn't use the right switch for Oculus API

Skatezilla mentioned this at some point

if Selection is Oculus API
--force_enable_VR --force_oculus_VR

By using this switch Oculus API (even outside Skatezilla's app), it works in MT too. 

Why nobody from ED wasn't able to explain it in the threads complaining about Oculus and MT, it's a mystery.

You can check this line in dcs.log :

VISUALIZER (Main): LAUNCH IN VR OculusRift: OculusRift : Oculus Rift S 

When OpenXR is active you see it there, when Oculus is active you see the line above.

Additionally I use VRPerfkit and when it's working it has the details in its log file.

• Like 1

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

vor 4 Minuten schrieb diamond26:

I believe all this time we didn't use the right switch for Oculus API

Skatezilla mentioned this at some point

if Selection is Oculus API
--force_enable_VR --force_oculus_VR

By using this switch Oculus API (even outside Skatezilla's app), it works in MT too. 

Why nobody from ED wasn't able to explain it in the threads complaining about Oculus and MT, it's a mystery.

You can check this line in dcs.log :

VISUALIZER (Main): LAUNCH IN VR OculusRift: OculusRift : Oculus Rift S 

When OpenXR is active you see it there, when Oculus is active you see the line above.

Additionally I use VRPerfkit and when it's working it has the details in its log file.

Just tried myself and yes. Oculus API works with MT. Also task manager shows bin-mt dcs.exe running. Nice find.

• Like 1

If theres one small thing Id like to see implemented (and I know it wont matter) is an auto updater. Is that in the pipeline? I see there are still unfinished options, perhaps?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

1 hour ago, Hammer1-1 said:

If theres one small thing Id like to see implemented (and I know it wont matter) is an auto updater. Is that in the pipeline? I see there are still unfinished options, perhaps?

The Updater code is done, but not integrated due to hosting issues / terms,
I've lost 3 different webhost provider accounts under terms that they do not allow App Deployments from their webservers (apparently it's a big thing in some countries (sus companies hosting fake apps w/ virus')), so a lot of hosting companies shut down accounts that do this.

I even had a webpage on my last webhost so they would see it wasn't simply app deployment.

There is automatic notification of a new version on the top of the app, I may make it clickable and have it bring users to this thread, where the app would be hosted for the time being.

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

8 hours ago, Sile said:

Just tried myself and yes. Oculus API works with MT. Also task manager shows bin-mt dcs.exe running. Nice find.

So what does this mean? I run a rift s. I launch dcs with mt bin, it appears to work without issue. Even using opxrtk. 

8 hours ago, Sile said:

Any difference in performance?

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

39 minutes ago, jnr4817 said:

So what does this mean? I run a rift s. I launch dcs with mt bin, it appears to work without issue. Even using opxrtk. 

When running the Oculus Api, there is no openxrtk. Also not when running DCS MT. 

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

vor 8 Stunden schrieb jnr4817:

Change the option in the screenshot to set to Oculus.

Performance is worse on my system with oculus api.

Screenshot.jpg

Edited by Sile

9 minutes ago, lonewwolf said:

Hi! How to check for GUI update? thanks

First page download. The latest is build 7.3.2023 version 2.00.32

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

12 minutes ago, lonewwolf said:

Yes. I mean within the app

thanks

you cant update through the app. literally its the first page download in this thread.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

There is no auto-update at the moment,

The App itself checks the server for latest build version and build date and it populates the top bar of the app.

Ie:
image.png

Once I get a new host worked out, I'll re-enable and add the updater back to the package w/ the ability to update itself.

• Like 3

Hi I just wanted to say thanks for this fantastic app.  I run both a full pit and VR, your app has made my life of switching between these two options soooo much easier.  Thank you.

Yours, greatly appreciative.

The Hornet Project

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Edited by Sting57
  • Like 2

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

I really appreciate the Presets Panel on the Home Screen.

Having the summary of settings listed and changing when different Presets are selected is helpful when trying to remember what is changing between different Presets. 

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I have to say a big thank you to @SkateZilla for this new version. One week of use and everything works the way I wanted them. I only expect the mods section

Edited by diamond26
  • Like 2

Attached to First Post.

- Corrected Mis-Link of LocalSource Params in "Update All" Function.
- Corrected Null Value in User Profile "Config" Copy/Backup/Delete Function.
- Added "Build Name" to Config Backup folder name.
- Revised About Page Info and 3rd Parties List.
- Revised Splash and App Logo.
- Adjusted Splash Text alignment.
- Integrated User Option to Remember Last Known App Screen Position.
- Adjusted Font Sizes on Most of the Tabs (Further Tweaking to come).
- Added SZS Facebook Button and ED Forum App Discussion Button to About Page.
- Depreciated Updater Settings Button/Label will hide unless within Version Threshold.
- Rewrote Preset Import Functions (Presets will now save after importing from another Preset).
- Adjusted Layout of all preset editor controls.
- VR Preset Tab Page Completed w/ all Missing Options for VR.
- Minor Tweaking to Thread Order.
- Created Custom Textbox Control to eliminate theme problems.
- Tweaks to Theme Colors when using Alternate Tab Style.
- Team Red Theme Added.
- Enabled Per Build Multi-Thread Mode Setting.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"Is there a user's manual ? "
-- yea, wouldn't that be just the cherry on top 🙂    Along with a troubleshooting section. For example: preset buttons do not seem to work for me when the build is selected. Before it was selected with the blue frame, the buttons worked, just they were unable to find the content, everything is "No data".

CPU: i7-4790k; RAM: 32GB HyperX@1866Mhz; GPU: MSI RTX 3070; SSD: WDBlue something

Small request: the ability to rename the app to something else without the software crashing.

Im just trying to shorten the name so my desktop has a cleaner look.

My wallpaper and skins