The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

On 9/26/2023 at 10:33 AM, SkateZilla said:

The issue was fixed internally a few weeks ago, but I may adjust some of the exception behavior before the next public version.

Hopefully these issues are fixed w/ 1.1 parser and localization adjustments.

Any chance you could get this fix pushed out soon? There's like an 80% chance that I get the "File already exists" error when I try to launch the sim.

Hi SkateZilla

How many custum apps can i add to the launcher? 

Seems like its limited to 5 that you can add totally free. Am i right to assume that the top 8 applications can not be removed or replaced by something i would like to add?

In my case here i would like to add The Way to be launched as well, but i dont want to remove any of my custom ones. However i do not need Steam VR and Oculus VR but can not remove/replace those.

null

image.png

11 hours ago, Statua said:

Any chance you could get this fix pushed out soon? There's like an 80% chance that I get the "File already exists" error when I try to launch the sim.

Due to things being added under the hood, I cannot push the next version until it's fully tested.

But, if you're having this issue 80% of the time, then there's something else going on w/ the Preset On/Off routine, as the file shouldnt be left in the \Presets\Default\ folder when DCS Closes, (*Note the App has to stay running when DCS is Running, I did help someone before that was launching the App, Launching DCS, then closing the app, and had the same exception, because the App was closed, it did not restore the preset files back to their correct folders.)

5 hours ago, Mav87th said:

Hi SkateZilla

How many custum apps can i add to the launcher? 

Seems like its limited to 5 that you can add totally free. Am i right to assume that the top 8 applications can not be removed or replaced by something i would like to add?

In my case here i would like to add The Way to be launched as well, but i dont want to remove any of my custom ones. However i do not need Steam VR and Oculus VR but can not remove/replace those.

null

image.png

There's no way for the end-user to add more slots, the top slots were for the most commonly used apps, and can't be changed.

I may add more slots in the future, but I have a priority list of bugs/behaviors that need to be address before expanding the app more.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:04 AM, pepin1234 said:

there is an option to update from the app without download manually? (I am talking about the app)

Currently no, there were issues with the webhost, so the update function was removed for the time being..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

6 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

@SkateZilla how can I install new version and keeping all my settings?

Any Build greater than 2.0 should retain settings from one build to another, close and overwrite the existing exe with the new one.

Going from the old 1.0 version to the 2.0, the settings do no transfer.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I  have been having issues with the launcher staying open after launch. I launch it and it opens up and immediately goes off just a few seconds of displaying the user interface. 

I had stopped using the app for some weeks now because crashes and thought I should try again and it just would not stay on.

I am using the latest version.

Any ideas on what could be going on.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

13 hours ago, Eaglewings said:

I  have been having issues with the launcher staying open after launch. I launch it and it opens up and immediately goes off just a few seconds of displaying the user interface. 

I had stopped using the app for some weeks now because crashes and thought I should try again and it just would not stay on.

I am using the latest version.

Any ideas on what could be going on.

Can you attach the app log file after it closes?

I havr narrowed down and adjusted some startup code due to desync of threads causing exception crash.

• Like 1

Thank you SkateZilla for your interest in my case.

At this time, I do not get any app log. Could you lead me in the direction where the app log is stored. 

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

C:\Users\*Your Name*\Saved Games\DCS Updater Utility

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

11 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Can you attach the app log file after it closes?

I havr narrowed down and adjusted some startup code due to desync of threads causing exception crash.

App log attached. 

17 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

C:\Users\*Your Name*\Saved Games\DCS Updater Utility

Thank you Lange_666. Log file found and attached.

ED Updater Utility v2.log

On 10/13/2023 at 7:48 AM, SkateZilla said:

There's no way for the end-user to add more slots, the top slots were for the most commonly used apps, and can't be changed.

I may add more slots in the future, but I have a priority list of bugs/behaviors that need to be address before expanding the app more.

Personally I would prefer all the apps to be "custom apps" I hardly use any of the hardcoded ones, but I am maxed out on the custom ones.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZDane said:

Personally I would prefer all the apps to be "custom apps" I hardly use any of the hardcoded ones, but I am maxed out on the custom ones.

There's still the ability to launch apps via pre-launch scripts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eaglewings said:

App log attached. 

Thank you Lange_666. Log file found and attached.

ED Updater Utility v2.log 16 kB · 3 downloads

It looks like it's hanging on the build scan after selecting the build during startup and closes out due to an exception,
It doesn't say what part of the build scan in the log, as I did not break down each section to catch sub exceptions, but likely something in the UI, if it's closing the entire app.

the next line in the app is supposed to reflect version numbers of the .exe files for DCS, Updater and ModelViewer, so there maybe file/folder issues.

I do have more exception catches in the latest internal builds, as I have re-ordered a lot of the loading and startup scans, hopefully that would fix the problem on your end, if not it will give more details and I would be able to accurately pinpoint it.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SkateZilla said:

It looks like it's hanging on the build scan after selecting the build during startup and closes out due to an exception,
It doesn't say what part of the build scan in the log, as I did not break down each section to catch sub exceptions, but likely something in the UI, if it's closing the entire app.

the next line in the app is supposed to reflect version numbers of the .exe files for DCS, Updater and ModelViewer, so there maybe file/folder issues.

I do have more exception catches in the latest internal builds, as I have re-ordered a lot of the loading and startup scans, hopefully that would fix the problem on your end, if not it will give more details and I would be able to accurately pinpoint it.

I appreciate your effort. Thank you. I look forward to the new release.

Change Log for Version 2.0.0.37 *(In order fixes were committed):
** Note: the Preset Editor will not add missing lines to the options.lua, it’s recommended to launch DCS to populate missing lines. **

- Fixed Mislink for Avionics Language in Saving Preset Function.
- Condensed Parsing for v1.1 Scan Functions. (From 18 Lines and 3 Functions to 4 Lines and 1 Function)
- Added Checkbox on App Settings Page and Synced with External Apps Launch Switch on Adv. Launch Page.
- Adjusted layout of External Apps block in App Settings.
- Adjusted Size/Position of Preset Profile Radar Graph.
- Added Missing Cockpit Tooltips to Camera / Views Menu. (Uses v1.1 Parser)
- Restructured Log Readouts for Scan/Import and Update/Save Functions in LUA Parsing For v1.1 Parser Items.
- Cleansed Rem'd Lines and Notes from Scan/Import Update/Save Functions.
- Added Difficulty Controls (All use v1.1 Parser).
- Added Exception Catch on Generate Default Options.lua Function.
- Fixed Mis-link in Preset Switching / Saving When using Status Bar Button to Change Preset.
- Removed Duplicate Preset Scan Function Call when Using System Tray Menu to Change Preset.
- Rem'd ""shadowTree"" from parser (Value hasn’t been used since Pre-1.5 iirc).

- Added User Setting String for Compare.Lua Enabled Option.
- Added Changed Values List to Changed Settings Preset Prompt.
- Removed Single Instance Limit (Resolves some loading issues if the previous instance is still in memory).
- Fixed Tooltips for the Difficulty Menu Controls.
- Corrected Mislink in Module Scanner for Flaming Sunrise Panel and Information.
- Added Color Grading LUT to Parser and UI Under Shader Options.
- Audio Settings Page Completed (Uses v1.1 Parser).
- Misc Settings Page Completed (Uses v1.1 Parser).
- Added Mi-24P The Border Campaign Assets.
- Added Mi-24P to Campaign Aircraft Filter.
- Adjusted a few Campaign's Eras.
- Added Exception Catch on Preset On Copy Function if file already exists in destination.
- Adjusted Enable Preset Editor Logging.
- Adjusted Preset Saving/Comparing And Loading/Importing Functions for Slider Values.
- Renamed Graphics Preset Editor to Options Preset Editor.
- Renamed Misc / Plugins Page to Miscellaneous.

- Converted Logbook Scan to v1.1 Parser.
- Adjusted Logbook Parser Logging.
- Converted ServerSettings Scan to v1.1 Parser.
- Adjusted ServerSettings Parser Logging.
- Adjusted ServerSettings Panel Layout.
- Adjusted Upscaling TrackBar Visibility when Selecting DLSS.
- Adjusted DLSS Quality Drop Down Location and labels.
- Removed DLAA from DLSS Quality Drop down
- Adjusted TacView User Path from Browse to File to Browse to Folder.
- Adjusted TacView Check to Scan for 32 and 64 Bit Executables.
- Added Tacview Checkbox to Force 32-Bit Executable Use.
- Corrected Typos on Render/Shader Pages.
- Adjusted Parsing Values for CivTraffic, Adjusted Save/Load Function to Match.
- Options Pages for Render, Shader, Terrain, VR, Views all Converted to Parser v1.1.
- Activated SZ Cinema Preset, ED Sim / Game Presets, and Updated SZ Ultra Preset.
- Minor Position shift for the Preset Radar Graph.
- Converted Import Preset Function to Parser v1.1.
- Rem'd Old Parser v1.0 Code, to be cleansed.
- Adjusted App Settings Layout (Sorted Items).
- Added Enable Compare/Prompt Option for Preset Editor.
- Updater Server Settings Compare Function to Match Preset Compare.

- Corrected Various ToolTips.
- Cleansed All Rem'd and Depreciated Code/Controls.
- Fixed Thread Exception Crash when using DXDiag Generator Function more than once.
- Rewrote Theme XML Writer, Unified all Themes to Single XML Template w/ Switching Data.
- Precoding for User Custom Color Themes. (Not Activated).
- Fixed / Adjusted Parsing and Filtering for Anti-Aliasing Values. (Same Adjustment for Import Function).
- Fixed Mis-Link in VR Confine Mouse Setting.
- Added Renaming Function to Preset On, if an Old Options.lua was left in /Preset/Default/ App will rename and Load Preset.

- Corrected Math Error in DLSS Ultra Performance Resolution Calculator.
- Added Dynamic Resolution calculator and linked to Upscaling Scale Slider.
- Adjusted NIS / FSR to use the same Input/Output Resolution Display Label.
- Adjusted Startup Procedure. (Re-ordered functions, moved App Minimized/Show to Last command).
- Adjusted Sim Scan and Module Scan Engines for separate parameters when running during app startup
  ( Scan Engines will run on thread 00 during startup, and their own new threads after startup. ) 

- Preset 1-4 Renaming Moved to Context Menu, Buttons Hidden (If Needed for Revert), and Background Graphic Removed.
- Slots 1-6 Configuration Items Moved to Context Menu, Buttons Hidden (If Needed for Revert), Background Graphic and Update Graphic Updated Repositioned.
- Added "Update This build now" option to each Slot's Drop Down Menu. (Update Specific Builds without having to change slots.)
- Added Ability to Rename VR Headset Preset.
- Fixed Mis-Link in Head Movement, Mute While Minimized, Control Stick.
- Added Loaded Preset Values for Scanned/Skipped/Loaded/Failed/Exception Count to Preset Screen.
- Added Saved Preset Values for Scanned/Skipped/Loaded/Failed/Exception Count to Preset Screen.
- Added Upscaling AA Rules for NIS/DLSS/FSR.
- Button for "Custom Theme" testing Hidden.

- Removed Some Controls that were hidden and no longer used.
- Correct Su-33 Release Date Value.
- Added Module Info Panel.
- Adjusted Module Info Parsing for FC3 Aircraft.
- Added External App / Scripts Function to Dedicated Server Launch.
- Adjusted Custom Scripts Function, Moved .Bat Save from App's SG Folder to Selected Build's SG Folder, Now Build Specific.
- Added Path debug line in log when No Options.lua or ServerSettings.lua file is found.

- Adjusted FC3 UI Elements & Modules to read "FCS" ("Flaming Cliffs Series")
- Removed Web Browser Control for Embedded Youtube Videos from Module Info Panel.,
- Adjusted module info panel layout (entirely WIP / experimental).
- Module Info Panel Activated for A-10A -> C-101, and Asset Pack Modules (as Test).
- Removed Button Disable Function for Slots If no build is Set..
- Removed Local Source Backup Renaming if Local Source Switch is set to off.

- Added Screen Space Shadows to Preset Scan / Editor
- Adjusted Preset Load, If No Preset is Selected it will attempt to scan default options.lua
- Added Falklands and China Asset Pack Module Panel
- Added Campaigns (F-16 First In Weasels of Syria and Black Shark MAD)

- Adjusted Shadow Dropdown Rules for Screen Space Shadows
- Fixed Tooltip for Screen Space Shadows.
- Adjusted Layout of Rendering Tab.
- Moved LoD Multiplier from Scenery Tab to Rendering, Renamed to Match DCS.
- Tooltip Corrections.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Sorry for the total noob question (anybody?) but having just installed the latest version I cannot for the life of me see where I tell it where my build path is? It has to be obvious but i can't see it. Any pointer appreciated!

Oculus Rift S, RTX2060 Ryzen 5 2600 16GB, SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Voiceattack Plugin

Home tab:

image.png

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Windows Defender delets the new version 37 if I try to extract it. All older version don't have this problem.
Defender call it "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml" maybe it helps.

Virustotal says 0/62 (expected result 🙂 )

Edited by kaltokri
Additinaol info

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

1 hour ago, kaltokri said:

Windows Defender delets the new version 37 if I try to extract it. All older version don't have this problem.
Defender call it "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml" maybe it helps.

Virustotal says 0/62 (expected result 🙂 )

Its a false positive, you have to put an exception for it.

MS is looking into it. as alot of apps recently have been reported as the same trojan. Despite being safe.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FreightDog said:

Sorry for the total noob question (anybody?) but having just installed the latest version I cannot for the life of me see where I tell it where my build path is? It has to be obvious but i can't see it. Any pointer appreciated!

Right Click Slot, Set Build Path.

3 hours ago, Ticker said:

Is it possible to run the Model viewer in MT from the utility? It launches in ST mode but there is a message in the Model viewer that the ST build is deprecated.

Model Viewer in MT Doesnt Work,

Try for yourself, it will fail to launch. (Launch \Bin-mt\modelviewer.exe)

Considering the Move the MT was to separate sim and Render Threads, with MV your only running the render thread, so there's really nothing to separate.

Edited by SkateZilla