The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

just updated, all previous setting gone, asked about this a while ago, why do I have to do all the paths again, and all other settings too?

Metabox Laptop i9 13900HX, RTX 4060, 32GB 4800 MHz DDR4 RAM, 2GB SSD, Pico4 VR Headset WinWing Orion 2 Hotas, F15E Strike Eagle handles, F16EX Viper Joystick.

8 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

Model Viewer in MT Doesnt Work,

Try for yourself, it will fail to launch. (Launch \Bin-mt\modelviewer.exe)

Considering the Move the MT was to separate sim and Render Threads, with MV your only running the render thread, so there's really nothing to separate.

But it does work with 2.9. It didn't before. That's why ST is deprecated I guess.

I can't seem to figure out how to set the updater utility to launch DCS - MT version? I would sure appreciate any help here! Or any version, I can click on option I want in the utility but nothing ever happens.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I tried the legacy version and still nothing, it still will not let me even select the path or anything for DCS World Open Beta. Complete clean install of the updater utility. I click on the appropriate option and nothing ever happens.

I have it installed in Eagle Dynamics folder.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, dburne said:

I tried the legacy version and still nothing, it still will not let me even select the path or anything for DCS World Open Beta. Complete clean install of the updater utility. I click on the appropriate option and nothing ever happens.

I have it installed in Eagle Dynamics folder.

attach the apps .log file please.

5 hours ago, Ticker said:

But it does work with 2.9. It didn't before. That's why ST is deprecated I guess.

once i can verify it works w/o issues, I will change the MV function to launch the MT MV if MT is enabled.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

4 hours ago, dburne said:

I can't seem to figure out how to set the updater utility to launch DCS - MT version? I would sure appreciate any help here! Or any version, I can click on option I want in the utility but nothing ever happens.

If MT Binaries are detected, you click the MT Enable Mode on the Top left under the launch DCS Buttons and it will say "Multi-Threading : ON"

11 hours ago, Vector1 said:

just updated, all previous setting gone, asked about this a while ago, why do I have to do all the paths again, and all other settings too?

The App Generates a User\Appdata\Local\Skate_Zilla_Simulations\DCS_Updater_Utility_url_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  folder based on System hash.

the only time it would make a different folder is if you changed hardware, windows hash, folder or memory address of the app.

You can browse these folders or click the button on the app settings page to open the folder, and locate the user.config file from the previous hash and copy/paste it into the new folder.

I can't control windows generating a new hash, that's client side.

now if the new version is opening the user.settings to upgrade it, then wiping it, that's another story, but I have yet to see this happen in a end-user scenario, the only way I've seen it happen is by forcing it to happen through a process end users dont have access too.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

8 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

If MT Binaries are detected, you click the MT Enable Mode on the Top left under the launch DCS Buttons and it will say "Multi-Threading : ON"

Thanks much for the reply Skate, unfortunately it did not work for me. If I click on the MT Enable mode all I get is it changes from off to N/A.

Here is a screenshot if it helps. I do not see a log file saved that I can attach. Just the little bit of info down around the bottom I see on the app screen. I hope this screenshot may give you a clue. Any button I click on in the app does nothing at all.

image.jpeg

Edited by dburne

Don B

Hi so what you're saying is it doesn't work for everyone, and you don't know how to fix it?

Edited by Vector1

Metabox Laptop i9 13900HX, RTX 4060, 32GB 4800 MHz DDR4 RAM, 2GB SSD, Pico4 VR Headset WinWing Orion 2 Hotas, F15E Strike Eagle handles, F16EX Viper Joystick.

3 hours ago, dburne said:

Thanks much for the reply Skate, unfortunately it did not work for me. If I click on the MT Enable mode all I get is it changes from off to N/A.

Here is a screenshot if it helps. I do not see a log file saved that I can attach. Just the little bit of info down around the bottom I see on the app screen. I hope this screenshot may give you a clue. Any button I click on in the app does nothing at all.

image.jpeg

Because the Sim Folder is incorrect,

Should be the \DCS World\ Folder.

2 hours ago, Vector1 said:

Hi so what you're saying is it doesn't work for everyone, and you don't know how to fix it?

I'm saying I have no data to facilitate any type of investigation as to why that happens to you.

Contrary to the forums beliefs, I'm not Psychic.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

@dburne: Sim folder should be looking like this: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/134493-the-dcs-updater-launcher-gui-utility-version-20-2023/?do=findComment&comment=5309900

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

7 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

:doh:

Thank you!! Can't believe I missed something that simple - and kept missing it!

You da man Skate, thank you so much for this and also for continuing to provide and support this great utility!!

• Like 3

Don B

G'Day Skate, feature/useability request:

Can there be an option to clear the console log before every action (be it repairing/launching, or simply selecting a different slot).  If you leave the app open for extended periods and flick between versions regularly, after a while the console log length as it is scrolling by in the console window induces a noticeable delay to the GUI doing what was asked.  Starting the wrong version of DCS bcaause the console log delayed the focus being put on the slot after selecting it and then quickly launching the game just adds to the delay... 🙂

I know you can clear the log manually but it would be nice if the log was cleared every time so it doesn't append itself into a delay because it hasn't finished scrolling in the console area as the log seems to get gets longer with continued use.

cheers and thanks

Braedon

Edited by Bungo

1 hour ago, Bungo said:

Can there be an option to clear the console log before every action (be it repairing/launching, or simply selecting a different slot).  If you leave the app open for extended periods and flick between versions regularly, after a while the console log length as it is scrolling by in the console window induces a noticeable delay to the GUI doing what was asked.  Starting the wrong version of DCS bcaause the console log delayed the focus being put on the slot after selecting it and then quickly launching the game just adds to the delay... 🙂

I know you can clear the log manually but it would be nice if the log was cleared every time so it doesn't append itself into a delay because it hasn't finished scrolling in the console area as the log seems to get gets longer with continued use.

cheers and thanks

Braedon

Right Click the Log Window. ( Ooops Mis-Read what you asked )

step-brothers-room-for-activities.gif

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dsc106 said:

Is it still planned to have mod management support added ala OVGME mod manager? 

At the present time No.
- Conflicts in the Code prevented it from working when integrated into my app at the code level (likely because 2 different languages are used, and the conversion is not 100% able to convert functions).
- Supporting one Mod Manager will cause the problem of having to support all mod managers and there are at least a dozen.
- Originally I had gone the route of just using my own MM setup, but that would require the millions of mods to adhere to my system, and that wont happen either.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 6:59 AM, Bungo said:

cheers and thanks

Braedon

Re-reading this,

I have a console log of over 25,000 Lines right now, and there's no lag induced by that. and that only happened because I turned off the auto backup function that saves the log and clears the console if the .log file exceeds 1 MB.

What you maybe experiencing is the Lockout I put on Some functions (Incl. Build Switching) while a scan is already in progress, to prevent threads from merging and overlapping in the same memory space. 

in the future I may look into a way to terminate active scan threads, clear the memory space, and allow the build to be switched.

If you look through the logs you'll likely see:

MM/DD/YYYY | HH:MM:SS TT | SCAN     | A Scan is Active
MM/DD/YYYY | HH:MM:SS TT | SCAN     | Please wait for scan to finish
MM/DD/YYYY | HH:MM:SS TT | SCAN     | ################################

The Slow Logging when switching builds during the "Modules Scan" is harddisk I/O and System Caching,
99% of the time, if Deepscan is off, it takes < 2 Seconds for me, and I have EVERY module + More installed, 
Every few days or so I get one scan that takes ~5-10 seconds, due to HDD cache or I/O. 

Even if I removed Logging, the scans would take the same amount of time.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Hello, is there a "For dummies" guide or equivalent somewhere?

For some reason I just can't get any graphics options I set in the updater or in-game to stick when using this. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

7 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

- Originally I had gone the route of just using my own MM setup, but that would require the millions of mods to adhere to my system, and that wont happen either.

This is what I was hoping to see - your program replacing other MM apps and having a new custom one built it. That would have been awesome, and made your app a one-stop shop for launching and Mod Management. I don't understand why you abandoned it, but I also don't understand coding that well. What do you mean by millions of mods would have to adhere to your system? I thought it would essentially just copy/paste/cust mods into and out of the right places.

• Like 1

All modules & maps | VR only (5950x, 4090, Reverb G2)

58 minutes ago, dsc106 said:

This is what I was hoping to see - your program replacing other MM apps and having a new custom one built it. That would have been awesome, and made your app a one-stop shop for launching and Mod Management. I don't understand why you abandoned it, but I also don't understand coding that well. What do you mean by millions of mods would have to adhere to your system? I thought it would essentially just copy/paste/cust mods into and out of the right places.

Not all mods are simply cut/paste into the saved games folder, there are literally millions that modify existing files or replace them altogether,
Creating an engine to not only manage and remember which files are replaced to cleanly uninstall them (and restore originals), as well as modify files and un-modify them, and to look up updates for mods installed and download them from at least 100 different mod depo repositories not to even mention mods that don't report to repos,, etc etc.

This is beyond the scope of the app's purpose, not to mention time to maintain such an engine/app.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nubbit said:

Hello, is there a "For dummies" guide or equivalent somewhere?

For some reason I just can't get any graphics options I set in the updater or in-game to stick when using this. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

In the presets section make sure you aren't clicking the "Import From" line.  Pick the preset you want to edit from the dropdown menu at the top.  Then make edits and save.  I kept clicking the "Import From" section thinking I was selecting which preset to edit.  I think this could be laid out better in the GUI.  Big buttons for which preset you are editing and drop down for "Import From".

Screenshot_2.png

16 hours ago, 01G8R said:

In the presets section make sure you aren't clicking the "Import From" line.  Pick the preset you want to edit from the dropdown menu at the top.  Then make edits and save.  I kept clicking the "Import From" section thinking I was selecting which preset to edit.  I think this could be laid out better in the GUI.  Big buttons for which preset you are editing and drop down for "Import From".

Screenshot_2.png

Thanks, but I just tried it again and I get the same behaviour.

I have an options file with all the stuff the way I want it. In the updater I select preset "Default", then I import the settings from my configured lua. I then press save.

With Default still selected I start DCS, and all my settings are way messed up, closing DCS I see the messed up settings populate the Default preset as well. The same thing happens when I select Preset 1 and change the settings in the updater manually too.

This is so frustrating, I really want to be able to change between VR and Pancake easily.

• Like 1

I would not use the Options Preset Editor for that.
Just go to the home tab, select any preset there, start DCS, make the changes you want in the settings, press OK to save the settings, quit DCS.
Then that selected preset will have your settings now. Then change the name.

Next, select another preset on the home tab and repeat until you have the needed presets done.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Could someone please advice what I am doing wrong? I'd like my screen to look like the first picture.

I usually launch into 3440x1440 and it looks like this with the old launcher.Screen_231026_231829.png
I exited, then relaunched with the new launcher, and it looks like the below, even though the resolution is the same. 
Screen_231026_231911.pngScreen_231026_231918.png

hace 9 horas, FlyingKah dijo:

Could someone please advice what I am doing wrong? I'd like my screen to look like the first picture.

I usually launch into 3440x1440 and it looks like this with the old launcher.Screen_231026_231829.png
I exited, then relaunched with the new launcher, and it looks like the below, even though the resolution is the same. 
Screen_231026_231911.pngScreen_231026_231918.png

Maybe your scale Gui is wrong? try 1 or 1.25...think this is the issue, moved without concerning

• Like 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick