Plane breaks in Multicrew

Badger1-1

Hi,

anyone else experienced in the L39, that if you brake hard or give controls to the other guy in flight, your plane takes damage( once my wing flew off), my mate in the back said our Nosewheel was stuck, while mine was perfectly working. ( The hard brake again)

And a lot of time while switching controls you get a blackout.

I think it has smth to do with DCS Netcode and lags, but our pings where around 50-60 each and Server was also 60-100.

Tested several Servers too.

Any clues?

Overall the Multicrew functions very good and most of the systems are synced now! Awesome work ED!

It's a new feature and so it's natural that it has issues. They're working on it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi,

anyone else experienced in the L39, that if you brake hard or give controls to the other guy in flight, your plane takes damage( once my wing flew off), my mate in the back said our Nosewheel was stuck, while mine was perfectly working. ( The hard brake again)

I think it has smth to do with DCS Netcode and lags, but our pings where around 50-60 each and Server was also 60-100.

Any clues?

Overall the Multicrew functions very good and most of the systems are synced now! Awesome work ED!

Confirm this behaviour. Also I was just barely able to follow the taxiway to the runway. Neither did my buddy and I need to change over the controls to get random damage to occur in midflight without any apparent input from either front or backseat.

Lol, I bet this is a case of "it works on my machine!" By that I'm implying that it was probably tested extensively on a LAN and now that it's out in the wild, a sudden switch of position due to network lag and the predictive curves handling this time gap causes an instantaneous motion which, from the point of view of the sim which doesn't know WHY, meant skid marks. We just stood there with our wings ripped off. I mean seriously! v (=v_0 + a dt) -> inf, oh how we laughed...

I tried a few flights with someone on 104th earlier. Here are the results (by memory, wasn't taking notes):

1) I'm pilot, he spawns in back seat. We instantly explode.

2) I'm pilot, he spawns in, my wings explode a minute later while taxiing to the runway.

3) He's pilot, I spawn in back seat and try to blind him with IFR hood, apparently it never showed on his screen. We then exploded during engine startup.

4) He's pilot, I'm in the back. We turn onto the runway and burst into flames.

Pretty sure there were a few more attempts, we didn't once start down the runway before exploding. Not sure what the deal is but likely lag related.

Might be lag related. I noticed that any lagspike can damage or outright destroy your aircraft. Happens if there is network lag or when one of the players' games freezes for a moment even if it's only a minor freeze.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

It's not lag related. On the same pc hosting a 2.01 mission in the 39C we had a very smooth experience overall.

I took off in a ZA with a friend in the back and another player jumped in a new plane and in unaccelerated flight just after take off I lost my flaps completely.

This whole netcode needs a lot of work. Until someone pointed out to me that the pilot needed to spwan before accepting someone else in the plane we always joined the plane before spawning and then nearly everything was porked between front and backseat. Things are improving but it seems like there should be more status confirmation packages exchanged between both pilots in a multiseat plane.

Hi,

Any clues?

How do you hand over the controls to the back/front seat? I try to find relevant control group but without luck yet.

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

How do you hand over the controls to the back/front seat? I try to find relevant control group but without luck yet.

In settings set Request Aircraft Control to a joystick button (it is unbound by default)

Covered it here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2688218&postcount=4

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

Netcode is scheduled for a complete overhaul, the timeline is unknown. Its not surprising though, you see the de-sync between your buddy in another plane and yourself, why wouldnt those continue if he spawns into your aircraft... as has been said, its a WIP, they will get it dialed in.

It's not lag related. On the same pc hosting a 2.01 mission in the 39C we had a very smooth experience overall.

I took off in a ZA with a friend in the back and another player jumped in a new plane and in unaccelerated flight just after take off I lost my flaps completely.

This whole netcode needs a lot of work. Until someone pointed out to me that the pilot needed to spwan before accepting someone else in the plane we always joined the plane before spawning and then nearly everything was porked between front and backseat. Things are improving but it seems like there should be more status confirmation packages exchanged between both pilots in a multiseat plane.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png