CFT model for F-15

Tatti

new version of fuel tanks texture High res + weathered. much better than the one I posted today.

ScreenShot_063.jpg

Download here :

http://merlin555.free.fr/lo/half_weathered_fuel_tanks_hr.zip

You have well altered mine skin!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those are are having problem, if the old model worked for you guys, why not revert back to it? Because i don't think the 3d model changed in any way, so its just the texture that changed. So install the old one and download the new texture and extract it and copy it over to the bazar/temptexture folder. Its a temporary solution until this thing gets an update. I think this would work.

Simply changing the texture will not suffice. The material type is contatined in the .lom and switching this out throws off the positioning.

Is there any way to have correct texture on all aircraft? I mean your own AND other aircraft you see (not using F2 view) say from your own cockpit?

The fuel tanks looks fine if I view my own aircraft but f I have a wingman and I look from inside the cockpit, his fuel tanks look crappy... I mean the shadow is messed up, but not just thta's there isn't any shadow, but the texture is wird looking... half bright half dark.

No longer active in DCS...

Sorry Valery ! I didnt who made the high res grey skin, so I could not say it was you.

The only things I did was do combine both original and yours, and tweak it a bit. As I told many times, Im no artist, I was only the link in between 2 artists. You desserve all the "bravo" , I don't. Be sure, I never tried to say it was my work.

Sorry Valery ! I didnt who made the high res grey skin, so I could not say it was you.

The only things I did was do combine both original and yours, and tweak it a bit. As I told many times, Im no artist, I was only the link in between 2 artists. You desserve all the "bravo" , I don't. Be sure, I never tried to say it was my work.

Hi! I not against, that you used mine skin. At you it has turned out good, beautiful skin. I made this skin a fuel tank for F-15 Aggressor. You can use any of mine skins. All mine skins on a site http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/, look can to you it is pleasant. My nickname - pallmall.

Thanks Tatti for very good model of a fuel tank.

Excuse if has badly explained, I translate from the electronic translator.

Не критикуй! Если можешь, сделай лучше! Главная ошибка любой программы в том, что она вообще была написана.

Благодарю за внимание. "pallmall" Valery

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3296_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hello,

I installed new drop tanks for F-15 with corresponding skins few weeks ago, but I haven't stress tested it. It worked fine, I had no FPS drop and I thought it was bugless. I don't fly F-15 too often, I'm more into MiGs and Sues but I had to make a short F-15 tribute movie (Eagles scrambling to intercept incoming Platypus) so I payed attention to details.

I've noticed a small LOD bug with new 6100 gal. tanks. When viewed from distance tanks seem pale (much brighter than Mod Eagle skins) but when camera approaches they turn dark. This can be pretty hairy in fly-by views, there's like a 'trigger' point when tanks go dark:

Here's some screenshots:

1) Pale

ScreenShot_041.jpg

2) and the dark:

ScreenShot_040.jpg

so please guys check this out and write suggestions!

- Skins used are Lakenheath Eagles from Warbirds skin pack by Mr. D-Schyte. My favourite skin artist and skin pack :thumbup:.

- Shadows are set to All Planar.

BTW, are there any darker skins for those new fuel tanks. Skins that might be close in color to Mod Eagle camo?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this file is in walmis sig. IIRC, walmis sig only consist of the F-15 and his weapons pack, not this fuel tank. The fuel tank was made by tatti. If you don't see any graphics glitches, then it should be fine. Just install walmis F-15, run the update. The weapoins is just basically install. And then this fuel tank, download one and see if you get any shadow problem or whatever, i personally got a graphic glitch with the later version that was suppose to fix it so i went to the original near the beginning of this thread. Everything works fine here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

The fuel tanks look awesome but i can't get them working, i'm new to Lock on.

I've unzipped the files in my lock on folder my my tanks still look awful. What is that lma3 file btw ?

Thanks for the help

----- EDIT -----

Ok i found all about modman and everything :D

You mustn't unzip the file of F-15 fuel tank model mod, the author packed it by Modman 5 so what you need is very simple: you should download Modman 5 first and then add the fuel tank mod to the list and then uncheck CDDS box, click Install....that's

• 1 month later...

BUMP for this thread, this really is a great mod and shouldn't be allowed to slide into obscurity :) although... i still get the odd texture issue with my droptank, can it ever be corrected? this is still on my X800XT/Cat 7.1, although this glitch has been happening with previous drivers too (pic attached).

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note regarding Merlin555's new HR textures:http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=265851#post265851 The files are quite big, 14.9mb, and I was having problems with hanging in game. This was just a bit irritating when at about 25 to 30kms when you could just see the eagle the game would freeze for a few seconds while the textures loaded. Anyway I went back to his original textures which look just as good but combined are only 968kb and if you install them as a CDDS file that drops to 214kb. This produces butter smooth play with out any hanging what so ever. If you're having a similar problem then just switch back to these textures:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=265695#post265695

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I'm having the same problem as Matze, the new tanks with specularity are positioned too far aft again. Looking forward to a fix as the tanks look real sweet now with the new textures and specularity enabled. Thanks for the hard work everyone!

I had the same problem but fixed it myself by adjusting the tanks positions in the meinit.xml file. I only have a slight tweak left and when I'm done I'll post my numbers and you can see if they work for you too.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If anyones interested then here's the X, y values that I'm using.

Open the meinit.xml file in note or word pad (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\ME) and then click Edit at the top then "Find" from the drop down menu and search for F-15C. After clicking "Find" scroll down a bit passed the <Payload, <ColorSchemes> and <Tasks> entries for the F-15C until you reach the <Pylon Number="X" entries.

Change the X and Y values for; <Pylon Number="2", <Pylon Number="6" and <Pylon Number="10" to the same values that I have below, save and exit. Remember to back up your meinit.xml file before you start.

<Pylon Number="2" Type="0" X="0.365" Y="-0.190" Z="-2.71">

<Pylon Number="6" Type="0" X="0.365" Y="-0.942" Z="0">

<Pylon Number="10" Type="0" X="0.365" Y="-0.190" Z="2.719">

Hopefully these positions will work for others as well.

• Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool tank! smooth and realistic. No issues so far.

Great work, Tatti

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Thanks for the X Y Z Cosmonaut :) works well, check pics of the centerline tank, before and after shots.

:thumbup:

Looks like your weapons are out of alignment as well.... Although I purposely misalign stations 4,5,7and 8 so the missiles are directly behind each other, maybe you've done the same thing as me?

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:thumbup:

Looks like your weapons are out of alignment as well.... Although I purposely misalign stations 4,5,7and 8 so the missiles are directly behind each other, maybe you've done the same thing as me?

argh! yep you're right, check the pic, what do i have to change back so they're in the right place? i've backed up my original .xml file, so it's not that much of a prob.

argh! yep you're right, check the pic, what do i have to change back so they're in the right place? i've backed up my original .xml file, so it's not that much of a prob.

Walmis's install should have realigned them for you.. hmm odd but no big deal.

Here's the correct X, Y and Z values for the pylons. Same thing you did for the tanks.

<Pylon Number="1" Type="0" X="0.3" Y="0.099" Z="-3.064">

<Pylon Number="3" Type="0" X="0.3" Y="0.099" Z="-2.352">

<Pylon Number="4" Type="1" X="-2.336" Y="-0.725" Z="-1.465">

<Pylon Number="5" Type="1" X="1.358" Y="-0.686" Z="-1.629">

<Pylon Number="7" Type="1" X="-2.336" Y="-0.725" Z="1.489">

<Pylon Number="8" Type="1" X="1.358" Y="-0.686" Z="1.644">

<Pylon Number="9" Type="0" X="0.3" Y="0.099" Z="2.361">

<Pylon Number="11" Type="0" X="0.3" Y="0.099" Z="3.073">

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Just a quick note regarding Merlin555's new HR textures:http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=265851#post265851 The files are quite big, 14.9mb, and I was having problems with hanging in game. This was just a bit irritating when at about 25 to 30kms when you could just see the eagle the game would freeze for a few seconds while the textures loaded. Anyway I went back to his original textures which look just as good but combined are only 968kb and if you install them as a CDDS file that drops to 214kb. This produces butter smooth play with out any hanging what so ever. If you're having a similar problem then just switch back to these textures:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=265695#post265695

How can i install this Skin as CDDS?

I've already read your Tuturial, but it didnt work...

I couldn convert the ftbody.bmp into CDDS...

I like the model, but been having issues with lighting. Don't know if it's my rig or what, but it's lighter has a "glow" effect to it..

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers