Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

who want to play with the rules that handicap blue and give red advantage what fun would that be? and give the impression that the admins can not give a fair and even environment for all to play in. This also give the impression that red can not win a fair fight on their own. I just waiting for another person to build something like this server or maybe build it myself;)

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who want to play with the rules that handicap blue and give red advantage what fun would that be? and give the impression that the admins can not give a fair and even environment for all to play in. This also give the impression that red can not win a fair fight on their own. I just waiting for another person to build something like this server or maybe build it myself;)

We really don't know what round 9 is going to be yet. Yes, the testing currently shows heaters only and the mirage being moved. However, Greg has said in the short past in this thread that this what not set it stone and that the current settings are only for testing. Why don't you wait until the actual round 9 thread is posted that lists the rules etc. before making statements like this.

The BS team does the best they can at making things the way they think will be the most fun and challenging. I know I have complained in the past, but lets leave that for when we actually know for sure what the round will be, shall we?

Yeah Yeah. Don't handicapped blue nor red .... give me my nuke on the 21. ;)

I don't run the server, but I think some of the changes they have made were to actually balance the numbers a bit. As for the regular players on Red team, we have no problems with a fair fight. I'm fine with whatever changes they make to the campaign. Of course the exception would be if they took away the Ka50 from Red, then we have problems :)

On a side note, I really don't think your post here does anything to help the community or the next campaign. Rather than complaining, how about give some VALUABLE feedback!

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Why does it appear to me that you didn't make this argument when Blue got the AIM-120 line and Red had to make do with easily-spoofed (just lag a little..) R-27ER/ETs?

Who wants to play with rules that handicap red and give blue and advantage? What fun would that be? Really gives the impression that Blue can't win a fair fight on their own.

Yes, this post is clearly satire. Not much else I can do when served up this kind of thing. :pilotfly:

Edited by Shively

I don't run the server, but I think some of the changes they have made were to actually balance the numbers a bit. As for the regular players on Red team, we have no problems with a fair fight. I'm fine with whatever changes they make to the campaign. Of course the exception would be if they took away the Ka50 from Red, then we have problems :)

On a side note, I really don't think your post here does anything to help the community or the next campaign. Rather than complaining, how about give some VALUABLE feedback!

Reaper6

I think in simple terms is M2000C on red to balance numbers a little more maybe? Thats how i see it.

Edited by Coxy_99

Yup, that's what I think, too. And it is a smart choice. Blue basically had all the new favourite toys that people wanted to experience in BF-environment: Mirage, Gazelle, F-5. So giving one of those modules to Red should even stuff out a bit. I can understand that Blue guys are not happy to reduced to the F-15 as their single CAP fighter tho. Like a few people before me I'd actually say give em the Mig-29G.

Disappointed in that move (For me anyway) I enjoy the mirage but cant fly a 27 or 29, If Mirage slots were taken, Neither to clever in a chopper.

Edit: Because not only does it do air to air but i can drop bombs with it to, Its multi role.

Edited by Coxy_99

I'd be fine with allowing the Mirage for both sides. Failing that, I'd like to double-down on my earlier suggestion of allowing "east german" MiG-29Gs to be present.

It (the Mirage) wasn't a problem during round 6/7, unless the intent in restricting it is to even out the balance a bit.

Why does it appear to me that you didn't make this argument when Blue got the AIM-120 line and Red had to make do with easily-spoofed (just lag a little..) R-27ER/ETs?

Who wants to play with rules that handicap red and give blue and advantage? What fun would that be? Really gives the impression that Blue can't win a fair fight on their own.

Yes, this post is clearly satire. Not much else I can do when served up this kind of thing. :pilotfly:

Its not the matter of which weapon is better, Its how you use them as a team, And the best way to use that weapon in a dis-advantage :book:

I'd be fine with allowing the Mirage for both sides. Failing that, I'd like to double-down on my earlier suggestion of allowing "east german" MiG-29Gs to be present.

It (the Mirage) wasn't a problem during round 6, unless the intent in restricting it is to even out the balance a bit.

I would prefer that :thumbup:

I am with a group of people that admin a bf4 server and we make sure that we have a fair and equal environment to play in. yes this was a blunt statement but blunt statements need to be made when the playing field is not even. a game where a side start at a disadvantage that not fair environment and it degrade all who are involve. But that is my interpretation of the stated rules.

red is going to get number at times and blue will get numbers at other times that when the map move I am in the usa. so times i give is cdt most of the time in the 700-1200 red has the numbers and blue for the most part are on the defensive this go on mostly in the 1200-1600 that when blue start to get numbers 1600-1900 is mostly even numbers. then 2000-2400 and into the the next day blue has numbers. that is the last three rounds. I say start training ka 50 rookies you one of the best ka 50 Pilots i have encounter in the game.

Not sure if this is intended or it's a bug but after the restart there are no M-2000C slots on blue side.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

19mcag.jpg19mc6g
  • Like 1

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

WTDnnwE.gif

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I am with a group of people that admin a bf4 server and we make sure that we have a fair and equal environment to play in. yes this was a blunt statement but blunt statements need to be made when the playing field is not even. a game where a side start at a disadvantage that not fair environment and it degrade all who are involve. But that is my interpretation of the stated rules.

You created an account here in the forums just cause of blue flag and post only in its threads.

If it wasn't good enough for you or not a fair enough environment then either you just came here to troll or want to talk about bf4?

Don't need to enlight me about it, I just point this out cause it's funny.

On a serious note:

We will host a single mission tonight. Some, of you might want to join. Briefing will be available inside the mission. It's more for inner squadron purposes so it won't have much slots available.

After that the server will remain down as in previous rounds for internal testing.

We will work in the background on our other projects and round 9.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

War ain't fair, to get equal and fair in Blue Flag would mean having all aircraft on both sides which is not what most want, dissimilar combat is most fun while boring stale same vs same just brings a preset game vibe.

Like it or not one side has certain advantages over the other while the other side has different advantages and on any other day the advantages seem greater for one side than they do the other and vice versa no matter what set up. Be it 120vs27ER, AIM-7vs27R, AIM-9vsR-73, smokeless motors vs smokey motors, SA building systems vs limited systems, angles vs energy fighters. If you can't utilise or understand what advantages your team has then by all means come here and complain about not being smart enough to work it out, those that don't complain know full well all that really matters is teamwork and ability.

If you ask me a lot of F-15 pilots like their 120's and having the ability to not need enter the fight, because basically they don't know what to do when they get there. Anything else is not fair.

This ain't BF4 nor AA I have no idea why people want to bring shooting games in for comparison with a combat flight sim.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org