The Museum Relic Campaign - Need *both* planes?

I may be biased, having only owned the F-86...

...But I would rather pay 20 bucks to buy two separate dlc campaigns, than have to shell out $49.99 plus $9.99 just to be able to play the campaign at all.

All us single owners can do is wait until something is changed, which I know is already being worked out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

29 October 2009

CGNR-1705 / USMC Cobra

Semper Memoria, Semper Vigilens

Maybe it works if you only have the Mig. But if you only have the F86, you *cannot* order it.

B5A7n+Es539zAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I guess my stance is that why would you not want the Mig if you have the Sabre? I plan on purchasing the opposing aircraft for each aircraft, regardless of how much I play it (if even at all).

Why? You get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the aircraft you typically fly against. How valuable was a "captured" aircraft in WW2?

Now I think it would be great to have some sort of "bundle" system that could help with this, maybe 10-20% off if you purchase both at the same time. Really from a sales standpoint there are multiple ways to do this.

Now I think it would be great to have some sort of "bundle" system that could help with this, maybe 10-20% off if you purchase both at the same time. Really from a sales standpoint there are multiple ways to do this.

While not exactly a discounting but the bonus system works in similar way:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/bonus_rules/

If there is one order consisting of several products participating in the bonus program, the percentage of the bonus for each product is increased by 5% to 60% of the maximum, ie:

2 DCS products: 25%

3 DCS products: 30%

4 DCS products: 35%

5 DCS products: 40%

6 DCS products: 45%

7 DCS products: 50%

8 DCS products: 55%

9 and more DCS products: 60%"

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I guess my stance is that why would you not want the Mig if you have the Sabre? I plan on purchasing the opposing aircraft for each aircraft, regardless of how much I play it (if even at all).

Why? You get to know the strengths and weaknesses of the aircraft you typically fly against. How valuable was a "captured" aircraft in WW2?

If you don't plan on flying it, how will owning it teach you anything about it's strengths or weaknesses.

As for captured aircraft... Most pilots did not fly them, they just read, or were told about them.

Bottom line is that many folks don't want both and should not need to have both in order to fly one of them in a campaign.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Campaign sounds great!

However, I don't have the MiG and don't plan on purchasing it, so I'll have to hold off on getting the campaign until either aircraft is sufficient.

(But maybe flying the campaign with the F-86 would convince me to get the MiG later on ;))

@ fastfed,

I have been in touch with ED about splitting the campaigns, and am working to figure out a way that it can be done. I'm hoping, just as much as the rest of you, that we can find a way.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

@ fastfed,

I have been in touch with ED about splitting the campaigns, and am working to figure out a way that it can be done. I'm hoping, just as much as the rest of you, that we can find a way.

:thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Rest assured that I am working with Matt, and ED, to figure out a way that I can get this campaign to those of you with only 1 of the 2 aircraft. This was my initial intention, and I will work to make it reality.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the current confusion, and hope to soon see it remedied. Thank you all, for your understanding.

-Apache600

Any news on this?

I still hope to get my hand on this campaign with just owning the Sabre.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have proposed the ideas of how to make all this work, but I'm still waiting on word from ED (I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a programmer, so I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes). I'm sure they have their hands full, at the moment, with DCS 2.5 and their other projects. We just have to wait and see. I appreciate your patience, and am just as hopeful as the rest of you to see the campaign split for the individual aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

I have proposed the ideas of how to make all this work, but I'm still waiting on word from ED (I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a programmer, so I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes). I'm sure they have their hands full, at the moment, with DCS 2.5 and their other projects. We just have to wait and see. I appreciate your patience, and am just as hopeful as the rest of you to see the campaign split for the individual aircraft.

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. Thanks for the effort! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Gave up and bought the Mig (which I will never fly) using bonus points just to get the Campaign.

Glad I did. Nice work Apache.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Apparently it's not necessary, from what the Module Manager says, see the screenshot. So what it says is plain wrong?

Although it's a bit obscure since it says "ONE of the modules" and only specifies one module... (I don't have either of them).

EDIT: the webpage says both are required (links at the begining of this thread are broken, so it wasn't clear to me). And since it's not possible to click on the BUY button in the module manager, I guess before one or both aircraft are bought first, it could really confused people who buy one of the aircraft then realize they have to buy both. It really should be clarified!

relic.thumb.jpg.2c7e4f75030983dad4ba3c8b6e26d8dc.jpg

relic2.jpg.cb95c29c58bbf5881070e3291ce86679.jpg

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...