Ln's fourth jet after F-14: Mig-23 or Su-22?

Jaktaz

russia cant speak for the soviet union :)

if it's true we can still see anything that russia didnt developed but the soviet union did so we cant do the su-24 mig 25 and above because russia upgraded them

i just checked about the mig-23 and the last upgrade was less than 5 years before they splited:music_whistling:

Thx for the answer.

Anyway I still want the Su-25A, Su-17M4 and MiG-27K.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for the answer.

Anyway I still want the Su-25A, Su-17M4 and MiG-27K.

as ignorant as i am, this is more of a question than any sort of statement...isn't the 27K basically the same as the 25T in A-G functionality?

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

as ignorant as i am, this is more of a question than any sort of statement...isn't the 27K basically the same as the 25T in A-G functionality?

Are you talking about the 27 or 29?

If it's the 29 it can use radar guided missile's too and has option (in some army's) for the lightning pod's

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are significant differences - 25T basically doesn't exist, and never existed in its game form, while 27K was build and deployed in numbers. 27K is much faster. 27K carries Kh-25L and Kh-29, but not Vikhr, etc . In my view, 27K is closer to AJS-37 in its capabilities than to Su-25T, (with Viggen being more versatile).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I would love a full fidelity Mig-23 in DCS. :)

Same here! Sadly there are currently no BVR capable Russian full fidelity fighters in DCS... Would also love the Su-15! And of course... The MiG-25/31! But those might be a bit complicated to get documentation on... ;)

Currently we are getting the MiG-19p by RAZBAM! But I would also love something in the opposite direction... :D

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Pretty sure someone with Magnitude stated they were not doing a MiG-23 currently. It's #1 on my fixed wing wish list, but it isn't being made by this team. Someone might be working on it though, the way the RAZBAM project got shut down suggests so.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Pretty sure someone with Magnitude stated they were not doing a MiG-23 currently. It's #1 on my fixed wing wish list, but it isn't being made by this team. Someone might be working on it though, the way the RAZBAM project got shut down suggests so.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Maybe we are getting one from "Heatblur"... I mean they do tend to be/attempt to be secretive ("Viggen") about their projects... And they are currently in the later stages of development for the F-14 "Tomcat". Which means that they are the only ones to have experience on swing wing designs. They ("Cobra") have also said in an old interview that they are going to do one... Everything lines up! The Sun, Earth, and the Second Sun! (I know it's out there because I saw 2 reflections off 2 rounded objects close to each other! And I know that they hide it in a way so it's light passes through the atmosphere and hits the 1 surface... But not my eyes!:smartass:). They are developing one in secret and getting funded by the "Illuminati"!

*takes off tinfoil hat, then regrets decision and puts it back on*

THE MIG-23 IS GONNA BE THEIR NEXT MODULE!!!

*takes tinfoil hat off (for realz this time! ;) )*

On a less tinfoily note... Please God let it be true!!! :D

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Maybe we are getting one from "Heatblur"... I mean they do tend to be/attempt to be secretive ("Viggen") about their projects...

Cobra can't keep a secret to save his life. We knew about the Viggen months before it was announced, same with the Tomcat. If Heatblur were doing a Flogger, there would have been 37 different avatars, 15 hints and three news letter titles with some sort of pun based on the MiG-23 by now.

Cobra can't keep a secret to save his life. We knew about the Viggen months before it was announced, same with the Tomcat. If Heatblur were doing a Flogger, there would have been 37 different avatars, 15 hints and three news letter titles with some sort of pun based on the MiG-23 by now.

*Searches for tinfoil hat... doesn't find it and wraps a new one, puts it on head*

Well... Maybe they have improved! >:]

I feel the "Illuminati" teaches them!

*Finds original tinfoil hat, puts on for increased tinfoiliness*

You just wait... He's gonna make a mistake! Now lets go and search every nook and cranny for a slither of evidence! There is just no way... That my...

*ego shines under 2 tinfoil hats*

Most wanted module is not in development!

No, really Y U ED deny MiG-23 (unless it is secretly in development, in which case YAY!!!)! D:

*2 tinfoil hats fall off, is sad :( *

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Pity, anything from the east is wellcome, simming community are already overloaded with western jets (how many sims of F-15, F-16, etc ) are over there? Plenty! Now, slowly, we're beggining to see real simmed soviet planes (FC3 ones do not count), but this part nnees a lot more attention. At least we also have various european planes which are quite unique by themselves.

Pity, anything from the east is wellcome, simming community are already overloaded with western jets (how many sims of F-15, F-16, etc ) are over there? Plenty! Now, slowly, we're beggining to see real simmed soviet planes (FC3 ones do not count), but this part nnees a lot more attention. At least we also have various european planes which are quite unique by themselves.

Tovarish! The KGB who are overhearing your comments says: "хорошо товариш! ))))))))))))" *Continues to monitor*

It is even more of a pity because ED themselves should be closer to the Russian aircraft... But the Russian policies about security are...

*KGB continues to monitor*

Lets say not ideal for sim-making. Still an older MiG-23/25/29 or Su-17/20/22/27 shouldn't be too hard... :I

*KGB moving towards house*

But oh well... MiG-21bis against M-2000c/F-15c (with the help of "Russian bias") it is for now! :D

Edited by asla36
"Russian Bias" and "Sekrit Dokumints"

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

II know, the man with fedora hat is looking odd at me right now.... I know there's problems with more modern, stuff like fulcrums and else, but i don't see the point of such secretism wit passed out aircraft like the 23 or the Su-17/22.

FISHBED IS AWESOME!

Edited by Sarraceno

II know, the man with fedora hat is looking odd at me right now.... I know there's problems with more modern, stuff like fulcrums and else, but i don't see the point of such secretism wit passed out aircraft like the 23 or the Su-17/22.

FISHBED IS AWESOME!

"Don't worry... We'll make you confess >:I" ... Umm... You didn't hear anything...

I don't think that those (MiG-23/Su-17/20/22's) are classified as well... But...

*Gets another nock to back of head by barrel of "Kalashinkov"*

... Ok, ok! There have been no issues at all for "modern stuff"!

AND IT SURE IS AWESOME! :D

Edited by asla36
Dem "Sphells"

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

I think that the Mig23 is in development. The question is only, by whom? However Im not sure that people will be very happy with that jet, I guess it depends on which variant we are getting.

If it's the latest variant, that can fire R73 missiles, has head mounted queing system (like the Mig29 and Su27), and then I guess it is an improvement on the Mig21.

It's BVR R23 & R24 are terrible missiles. I base that assumptiom on the fact that the R27 is a terrible missile, and these are even older :)

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I don't care what variant we're getting (if it's A-A!)... But the MiG-23MLD would be my favorite as well. As long as it is a 2-generation variant, I think people will be pleased. I could do with a 1-generation one as well... Would still be an improvement over the MiG-21bis and R-3R's. ;)

And yes... Something about RAZBAM not getting the license, because it "conflicts with already existing plans" does sound kinda "MiGGy"... Ok that bad "fishy" pun out of the way, I also think that one is in development! :D

http://forums.mudspike.com/t/razbam-mig-23-canceled/3314/90

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

No matter, as long as we get some migs, even with a baad BVR capabilities are still better than none at all, but being fully honest i prefer Su 22 or the likes, in order to have a simmed fighter-bomber however, Mig or Sukhoi is wellcome, even yakovlevs!!

Yak-38 :worthy:

If you were looking at A-A that would be a step back from the MiG-21bis... ;)

Still... An interesting plane! :D

I just think that a later A-A model (2-gen - probably MiG-23MLD) MiG-23 would have more mass appeal... :)

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]