Ln's fourth jet after F-14: Mig-23 or Su-22?

Jaktaz

You obviously didn't read my previous posts and jumping to answer. I said 2 posts ago" except Belsimtek". They produced mig15, mi8 and having mi24 on the roadmap.

3 modules vs 1 module from Western devs. Don't you see the obvious correlation between origin of devs and modules ?

And I am talking about what's been produced and announced. There 0 new Russian planes from western devs.

My bad then, misunderstood you.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Su 7 really needs to be in DCS. With it there would be enough fighters to go up against each other in an Arab-Israeli or Indo-Pakistani conflict.

If not, Mig 27 would be a great eastern block aircraft for precision strike. Mig 23 is just a missile launching platform. I doubt if Mig 23 would ever match up against any western block aircraft in DCS. All you can do is shoot missiles and keep watching. :)

Edited by Orange

The F-4U is planned for release after the viggen but before the tomcat. It will include an Iwo jima map too. No one is doing a p-38 at this time that I know of. As for the op, after the F-18, I'll have all the western fighters of any era that I actually want. I'm open to a couple western strikers (such as razbam's harrier) and choopers, but no more fighters. The only fighters of interest left for me are eastern opponents for what we have and are getting. Eastern strikers and choppers are of great interest too. The main thing for me is simply having variety of roles and nations. Getting a bunch of basically the same thing is boring. Incidentally, I don't plan to buy any of LNS's 3 upcoming aircraft. I like their mig but these 3 upcoming aircraft do nothing for me. I really hope they go back to doing eastern stuff soon. Lots of great possibilities and it isn't bloated with new modules like the west is.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Su 7 really needs to be in DCS. With it there would be enough fighters to go up against each other in an Arab-Israeli or Indo-Pakistani conflict.

If not, Mig 27 would be a great eastern block aircraft for precision strike. Mig 23 is just a missile launching platform. I doubt if Mig 23 would ever match up against any western block aircraft in DCS. All you can do is shoot missiles and keep watching. :)

Su-7 would be really cool tbh, but su-17/22 fits better in DCS' era of interest. Su-22 fits really well onto the upcoming Gulf of Hormuz, and can fly with Iraqi Mig-21's against Iranian F-14's and F-5's.

Not realy intressted in F-18 and F-14, but i see most people look in these Jets, i can understand why they produce western aircraft.

But hopefully they choose a counterpard in the future, fighting only AI is not what the most people want.

And for my favourite the MIG-23 should be not harder to get Data then for MIG 21.

Most of the ex Warsaw pact countrys fly MIG-23, but devlop a airplane with no enjoyment is work with pain in the ass.

Hopefully Belsimtek or ED work on this after the F-18.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I think the best pick would be a Mig-23, because with the R23 , the HUD and the better Radar, it would have a better chance against 4th gen fighters. The armament of the Su-22 is even more limited compared to the Mig-21bis. It can only carry R60s (wich should be patched soon) and R3S (maybe R13M1). I think a good pilot, who has a lot of Mig-21 expierience can ruin the day of a lot of F-15 Pilots at the moment.

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

I think the best pick would be a Mig-23, because with the R23 , the HUD and the better Radar, it would have a better chance against 4th gen fighters. The armament of the Su-22 is even more limited compared to the Mig-21bis. It can only carry R60s (wich should be patched soon) and R3S (maybe R13M1). I think a good pilot, who has a lot of Mig-21 expierience can ruin the day of a lot of F-15 Pilots at the moment.

Well the Su-17/22 is primarily a Attack aircraft.

It might be able to carry R60s or K-13s for self defence but its primary role is not as a fighter but as a strike/attack aircraft.

And in that role it would be pretty capable and interesting.

With Laser guided munitions,Sead weapons and bombs/rockets and depending on Variant it could have TV guided munitions as well

(As some Su-17/22M4s were fitted with a TV display to use TV guided munitions like the KH-29T etc).

So in the Strike role it would be pretty capable and would give us a fast eastern strike aircraft that is currently lacking (where as there as two western fast strike aircraft on the way in the form of the AJS 37 and the F/A-18C) as well as being able to take over the SEAD mission from the SU-25T that is not really optimal for the task.

Edited by mattebubben

It might be able to carry R60s or K-13s for self defence but its primary role is not as a fighter but as a strike/attack aircraft.

With Laser guided munitions,Sead weapons and bombs/rockets and depending on Variant it could have TV guided munitions as well

(As some Su-17/22M4s were fitted with a TV display to use TV guided munitions like the KH-29T etc).

So in the Strike role it would be pretty capable and would give us a fast eastern strike aircraft that is currently lacking (where as there as two western fast strike aircraft on the way in the form of the AJS 37 and the F/A-18C) as well as being able to take over the SEAD mission from the SU-25T that is not really optimal for the task.

Youve got a point there, but the Soviet side is missing a fully clickable and capable fighter too

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

I believe he was talking about the Mig-23. I did not realize that the Su-17/22 had actual SEAD capability, apart from a unit in Wargame, red dragon. I'd very much look forward to trying Sead with it, perhaps using the tv display with the KH-29.

soviet guys forgot twin engine designs when they developed interceptor at that days. maybe they forced on the costs issue, but for the fans, dual engine mig-23 must be very cool.

LOL

Any Mig would be cool... especially post 21.

soviet guys forgot twin engine designs when they developed interceptor at that days. maybe they forced on the costs issue, but for the fans, dual engine mig-23 must be very cool.

LOL

On the contrary, almost all of the dedicated interceptors were twin engine aircraft.

MiG-21 and 23 are kinda in between an interceptor and a tactical fighter. Only soviet pure interceptor with one engine I can think of was Su-9 and it's updated version Su-11.

Otherwise Yak interceptors, Su-15, MiG-25 were all two engine aircraft and from about the same vintage as MiG-23.

MiG-23, despite being a single engine plane, can apparently still out accelerate just about any fighter of it's generation and even some of the later 4th gen ones. Sadly though, that's just about the only party trick it has when it comes to flight characteristics.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Hoping as always for a MiG23!

mikoyan_mig_23_flogger.jpg

I've seen footage of one of these turning on a penny, full burners and straight wingsweep. This thing was a performer.

Must've been a big penny, the flogger is notorious for turning like a dog. Speed and acceleration were its strengths.

Must've been a big penny, the flogger is notorious for turning like a dog. Speed and acceleration were its strengths.

The MIG-23ML version was very agile and turns tightly closed. Was the most successful aircraft used by Cubans against SAAF Mirage F1 in the Angola war, shooting down even two CIA's C-130 used to resupply the UNITA forces.

http://www.urrib2000.narod.ru/EqMiG23aa-e.html

Edited by JunMcKill

The MIG-23ML version was very agile and turns tightly closed. Was the most successful aircraft used by Cubans against SAAF Mirage F1 in the Angola war, shooting down even two CIA's C-130 used to resupply the UNITA forces.

The flogger shot down 1 mirage, which isn't very good considering it was armed with r23s and r60s. The SAAF aircraft were limited to tail chase missiles because of an arms embargo. Look at the flogger's record in Iraqi service against Iran and in Syrian service against Israel. They were generally regarded as a disappointment.

I love reading about stuff like this and I know too little about the Angolan Air War.

And even soviet MLD version's Vortex generator and tooth saws on the wing for improved handling. Non warpact MIG23 quiet of use the old frame with not reduced wight and handling improvment and the old mig 21 Radar, there is no suprice against Iran F-14 and even pilot skills from syrian against Israel.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

External model finished, looking for test pilots to help with the pfm! Any volunteers? :P

low_poly_xf_85_inspired_plane___wip__2_by_imsumdave-d7korql.jpg

Hell yeah, I want in on that. Considering the half hour of endurance and the mandatory air start, this is the perfect DCS flier for people with busy schedules!

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!