[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Any specific steps to take if moving from the release version to the beta version of SimShaker for Aviators?  I'm on the 2.5.0.0 release version (and on Sound Module 2.26) and want to move to 2.5.8 Beta.

I know that Beta and Stable don't share the same database, so I can import my database from the exported Stable settings, but any other gotchas?

Like can I leave the Sound Module on the release version?

Thanks.

Hey folks, simshaker sound module and the "for aviators" module. I am just getting a constant buzzing atm with little else. Anyone know if there is an issue?

Just to add, all tests work in Sound module, the buzzing starts as soon as I sit in the cockpit..

Edited by ollk22

3 minutes ago, ollk22 said:

Hey folks, simshaker sound module and the "for aviators" module. I am just getting a constant buzzing atm with little else. Anyone know if there is an issue?

Just to add, all tests work in Sound module, the buzzing starts as soon as I sit in the cockpit..

you need the new beta version. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi ! Just using my holidays to finetune DCS, reinstalling Simshaker to the latest version, updating sound card etc.. now I've much better feedback from sim shaker, but a lot of effects are missing.

I can't feel the gear and flaps as most notable changes. Is it something that is Simshaker related, or did I mess up something else ? Anybody with same issues ?

edit: solved the issue; deleted and then reinstalled Simshaker, pressed the repair button and resetting all settings did the trick. All seems to work like never before. Great stuff 

Edited by Ketsefletser
  • Like 1

Guys, anyone uses F16I SUFA mod? how i can enable simshaker for using with this mod?

I7 13900K | 128Gb | RTX 4090 | NVME 2Tb + SSD 512Gb + SSD 240Gb x2 | Warthog+VPC Warbrd+VPC Warbrd rudder pedals | WinWing MIP | Oculus Quest 3 | Benq 28" 4k x2 | Gametrix JetSeat

12 hours ago, Kril_FC said:

Guys, anyone uses F16I SUFA mod? how i can enable simshaker for using with this mod?

+1 but it is mod, so we wont get official support for it but maybe sime lua edit can do the job. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

2 hours ago, burscikas said:

Hi,

Is there any way to use simshaker for aviators with basshakers without sound module or maybe there is some alternative sound module? I don't want to buy that specific one by Andre due to him being in russia and only selling using bitcoins. 

Zelle and PayPal are additional options

On 12/28/2022 at 8:49 AM, Ketsefletser said:

edit: solved the issue; deleted and then reinstalled Simshaker, pressed the repair button and resetting all settings did the trick. All seems to work like never before. Great stuff 

Having similar problem, which “repair button” are you referring to? Thanks

On 12/31/2022 at 1:45 PM, burscikas said:

Then I was wrongly informed, sorry about that. That's after I tried to buy it and was welcomed by screen saying that you are under sanctions and asked ppl around. What are the options then?

There are different options. I will PM you regarding that.

27 minutes ago, joebelter said:

Can anyone help me with a workaround to get effects into the OV=10A mod? I'd sure appreciate it!

Love using my Jetseat and Kicker, feels flat without it!

Joe

I believe it was discussed above.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/1/2023 at 11:30 AM, joebelter said:

Can anyone help me with a workaround to get effects into the OV=10A mod? I'd sure appreciate it!

Love using my Jetseat and Kicker, feels flat without it!

Joe

Do you use Jetseat and kicker combine? How? are they both giving exact same signal and feel or they work differently? Thanks

You can tune the Jetseat separately to the transducer, set simultaneous output and then adjust the levels for each effect and device as you need 🙂

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

This morning my sim shaker wont start, givin g an ynhandled exeption error? I have un installed and re installed, same issue....any ideas? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

13 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

This morning my sim shaker wont start, givin g an ynhandled exeption error? I have un installed and re installed, same issue....any ideas? 

Same for me / similar (?) issue. "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  .... The parameter is incorrect" . Uninstalled and re-installed again. Tried with 2.5.0 version and 2.5.9 beta version of Simshaker for Aviators. Also uninstalled Simshaker Sound Module and re-installed (version 2.26). Still same issue. Getting this error as I turn on the ' Start Sound Module automatically' (SimShaker Sound Module) option in Simshaker for Aviators.  

There are no pending Windows11 (version 22H2) updates.

Attached the details of the "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The parameter is incorrect" exception.

Details.txt

Edited by pollekepol

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D / 6900 XT  / 32GB / Reverb G2 / T.16000M+TWCS / Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals / ButtKicker G2 / OpenXR / Windows 11

On 1/5/2023 at 12:30 PM, pollekepol said:

Same for me / similar (?) issue. "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  .... The parameter is incorrect" . Uninstalled and re-installed again. Tried with 2.5.0 version and 2.5.9 beta version of Simshaker for Aviators. Also uninstalled Simshaker Sound Module and re-installed (version 2.26). Still same issue. Getting this error as I turn on the ' Start Sound Module automatically' (SimShaker Sound Module) option in Simshaker for Aviators.  

There are no pending Windows11 (version 22H2) updates.

Attached the details of the "System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The parameter is incorrect" exception.

Details.txt 6.74 kB · 3 downloads

Thx for the report, I'll have a look what I can do...

Could you please check your SSA profile folder a shortcut called "SimShaker Sound Module" or "beta SimShaker Sound Module"

On 1/7/2023 at 9:11 AM, f4l0 said:

Thx for the report, I'll have a look what I can do...

Could you please check your SSA profile folder a shortcut called "SimShaker Sound Module" or "beta SimShaker Sound Module"

Thanks for reaching out the helping hand and... for offering this fine piece of software! (same @ Andre for the SimShaker Sound Module of course!)

The "SimShaker Sound Module"  shortcut in the C:\Users\<my user>\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators you mean? 

Funny thing is that I tried it some times again, uninstalling and reinstalling SimShaker for Aviators and subsequently SimShaker Sound Module. At last attempt - before re-installing SimShaker Sound Module - doing an uninstall of MicroSoft OneDrive.

I suddenly recalled that some months ago when I first installed the SimShaker Sound Module software, I had issues with files being installed just on MicroSoft OneDrive and not locally. I back then simply unlinked MicroSoft OneDrive and then it worked, but somehow OneDrive was automatically linked to my Windows account again recently.

This OneDrive issue came back into mind when I noticed that after having uninstalled SimShaker for Aviators and SImShaker Sound Module, then doing a re-install of SImShaker for Aviators it somehow still knew my preference was to use the SimShaker Sound Module. Launching the freshly (?) installed Simshaker for Aviators while not having reinstalled SimShaker Sound Module produced the exact same exception. Just pressing the 'continue'  button and then looking at settings showed that the preference for SimShaker Sound Module was somehow already selected. But I had not reinstalled the Sound Module yet, nor explicitly re-set it to this setting after the ' fresh'  install of Simshaker for Aviators.

Having uninstalled Microsoft OneDrive and then reinstalling SimShaker Sound Module solved the issue for me. With previous re-installs the SimShaker Sound Module lnk was probably on OneDrive and not local machine.

Edited by pollekepol
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D / 6900 XT  / 32GB / Reverb G2 / T.16000M+TWCS / Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals / ButtKicker G2 / OpenXR / Windows 11

I've mostly stayed away from DCS for the last several months (since the VR performance tanked) but tried it again last night.

But for some reason I can't get any SSA shaking in DCS now. Tried updating but same result. I do get the shake from the testing tool, but not in game. Settings all correct as usual. Tried a few different modules, nothing works.

FWIW, SSW still works fine in IL-2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

13 hours ago, Darrylx444 said:

I've mostly stayed away from DCS for the last several months (since the VR performance tanked) but tried it again last night.

But for some reason I can't get any SSA shaking in DCS now. Tried updating but same result. I do get the shake from the testing tool, but not in game. Settings all correct as usual. Tried a few different modules, nothing works.

FWIW, SSW still works fine in IL-2.

See some posts above. Use the latest beta (for now).

11 hours ago, pollekepol said:

See some posts above. Use the latest beta (for now).

Thanks for the reply. I always have used the beta, and it is up to date.

No error messages, just no shakes (except via test button).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

I have a similar issue with mine now....exception messages popping up but I've only noticed it affecting the P47.  Everything seems to work with the P47 also except for no engine rumble....  firing the guns, stalling, etc all seem to shake the hell outta me. P51 & F5E work just fine. I've tested the motors and all work properly also. I've deleted simshaker and jetseat control panel. deleted the Lua file for simshaker, reinstalled the beta version. Same problem....BUT it is still showing the same settings for the P47 that i had before so i know there is a file somewhere that i haven't deleted but i have no idea where. Anyone have any idea where i can find the individual aircraft settings file or generic prop plane files?