Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I know that it's an additional load for the Server and Clients, but war ca Not be ein without Boots on the ground. I don't mean the troops and mortars that are placed by Helis...they are static...i mean soemthing like a moving Tank group that has to be protected and Drives to airfields and cities to take them. What do you think about that?

In the current setup it's difficult to fit cause of the number of units.

However we have some other concepts in mind which got unfortunately delayed but shall be available in the future.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Got an official report of congestion issues between Cogent and Deusche Telekom (Microvax provider) right now, we are facing issues with customers here in France because of this.

I'll get a hand on the Cogent official statement about this, but that explains Microvax traceroute and VPN workaround being efficient for some people.

EDIT : here it is, Cogent response from Oct 5th to our ticket, still unresolved :

DTAG is Deutsche Telekom AG.

Usual peering issues where both parties don't want to pay for the little investment needed for upgrade. Like I said, not the first time we see this from Cogent, and why I have a rather bad history with them as a provider.

That means german players are probably gonna face issues on BS server.

Just talked to someone from "INSERT BIG CDN NETWORK HERE" and the said that everyone on the globe is having congestion issues with dtag, not just Cogent. If the congestion isse is dtag - cogent its dtags fault, not cogent. This is now shown in the traceroutes that was posted tho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazon? (AWS?) Or is there another big CDN? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Just talked to someone from "INSERT BIG CDN NETWORK HERE" and the said that everyone on the globe is having congestion issues with dtag, not just Cogent. If the congestion isse is dtag - cogent its dtags fault, not cogent. This is now shown in the traceroutes that was posted tho.

Working for Cogent ? :)

Peering relationship takes both parties. I've seen these issues and excuses from Cogent countless times over the last decade and more, with a variety of their peers. Not from my other transit providers, not that often. Something wrong with the way they treat their peerings.

Not saying DTAG is not at fault here (from what I've read, it's a frozen situation for months now, both parties unwilling to move), but a peering is 2 orgs, and peering getting wrong is an issue on both side.

Anyway, it's VPN time for our german pilots! Btw it doesn't look like the issue is going to resove anytime soon. Cogent sued DTAG last year, you're not going to have a nice peering with someone you push in court.

Edited by Whisper

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I dont work for cogent (lol) but i know for a fact that Cogent is in no interest in having congestion. DTAG is having congestion issues with everyone, and from what i have heard it because dtag wants cogent to buy transit from them at stupid prices.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Other topic, can we have dynamic weather (or set weather) that we also have low fog every now and then? :) (nothing is more epic than using ILS like this:

)
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

In an attempt to ground the filthy capitalists f16 fleet in the Tblisi area, the fearless honeybadgers launch a strike to take down the corresponding runways.

Inculding:

Unfortunate spread of s13 rockets, landing on both sides of Tblisi runway [=RvE=Smokey].

Ruining dem capitalists by running them out of money for SAMs [=RvE=Seal].

Delivering the only proper anti runway bombs in the entire strike [=RvE=Snowman].

Filthy SA3 guidance Radar seeing things which it shouldn't. [the godmode AI, what else.]

Experimental physics including above lightspeed travel [=RvE= MicroVAX].

And Tacview spreading propaganda, that my Mk82 didn't hit while in fact they did.

Accelerated at x2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

3Yk2Tob.png

22:55 GMT+1, no loss.

Interesting, do you have a explanation where the PL happens with my traces ?

Since its only the last Cogent node which seems to induce PL I am a little confused.

Its now obvious that its something between DTAG and Cogent, but I do not really see where. I would expect all Cogent nodes to have pl if the link between them was at high utilisation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting, do you have a explanation where the PL happens with my traces ?

Since its only the last Cogent node which seems to induce PL I am a little confused.

Its now obvious that its something between DTAG and Cogent, but I do not really see where. I would expect all Cogent nodes to have pl if the link between them was at high utilisation.

Perhaps dependant on your return path more than direct one.

return from Cogent to your DTAG address => not through a congested Cogent / DTAG link.

return from Cogent router connected to GEANT => through congested Cogent / DTAG link.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Perhaps dependant on your return path more than direct one.

return from Cogent to your DTAG address => not through a congested Cogent / DTAG link.

return from Cogent router connected to GEANT => through congested Cogent / DTAG link.

hmm yee probably. x)

IP why you do dis. :D

Clearly needs more DECNET.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Two sexy Hip pilots right there!

That was an awesome campaign! I've never actually done anything like this before. Due to a fairly heavy school load, I only got to fly here two nights and had a lot of fun both times.

Looking forward to the next one!

This was me bringing in that last chalk of troops to seal the deal. Ably covered by JG1_Britchot and the fast movers dropping that line of flares. Thanks! Felt very cozy.

Thanks guys! You won Blue Flag! Congrats!

Not to forget the efforts of everyone else! Good job all! Even those two remaining Bluefor players coach, and Viper.

REDS ARE VICTORIOUS

1359598859274145167.gif

Well done everyone!

Round 9 is officially over after 13 days. (09/10 - 21/10)

Server stats

Blue pilots registered: 680

Red pilots registered: 473

Total registrations: 1153

Unassigned: 782

*players that entered the server but didn't register.

Total traffic in the server along with the unassigned players: 1935

** Will upload daily stats asap.

Stay tuned for the upcoming events.

In the meantime you can help us test the new server sponsored by Blix Solutions, who we want to thank once again for their generous move.

The server is currently running a test version of the "KOREA FLAG", which simulates a Korean War PvP campaign.

Server name: Buddyspike - Blix Solutions DCS Server

* "Korea Flag" is not the 10th round of "Blue Flag". They are different events that can run even at the same time in different servers.

Online map: http://gadget.buddyspike.net:8080/

Greg

• Like 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Thanks guys! You won Blue Flag! Congrats!

Not to forget the efforts of everyone else! Good job all! Even those two remaining Bluefor players coach, and Viper.

Definitely a case of right place, right time. We spent a few evenings trying to get Simple Radio working, getting in and getting a feel of the radio chatter, and objective needs. Finally had a night where we were able to infill a KUB unit a couple days ago. Last night was just a Thursday excuse to fly Hips. Heck, I wasn't even sure we'd make it to the objective in time. There is still a lot of stuff we have to learn about Blue Flag, but we're definitely hungry for more.

Thank you to the Red team fighters and helo pilots that dos all the heavy lifting previous to last night's sortie. Great talk on in those final moments to get Trev's troops to the right place.

Also, a great big thanks to the Buddyspike community for putting up this campaign; objective driven missions and teamwork is where we tend to find the most enjoyment out of any flight sim.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

1zno95s.jpg

Sniper had those SEAD runs on Tbilisi down to a science and he let me and another guy tag along on a few.

Those were some fun runs!

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals