Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

Thanks for this, Rainer.

Would it be possible for us to replace the screws entirely with ones that are within specs?

If you feel that this is necessary, of course! The dust cover doesn't have to be tightened down much at all to begin with. :)

The second batch of Gunfighters will take care of this, since this has been identified now.

With that in mind - VKB encourages everyone to customize their Gunfighters, especially since it's considered a professional joystick. It's there for you to tweak it, change springs, cams, damper settings, and make it 'yours'. And, if you find any problems while doing so, please don't hesitate getting in touch - we always look for feedback to improve our products upon! :thumbup:

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel that this is necessary, of course! The dust cover doesn't have to be tightened down much at all to begin with. :)

The second batch of Gunfighters will take care of this, since this has been identified.

With that in mind - VKB encourages everyone to customize their Gunfighters, especially since it's considered a professional joystick. It's there for you to tweak it, change springs, cams, damper settings, and make it 'yours'. And, if you find any problems while doing so, please don't hesitate geting in touch - we always look for feedback to improve our products upon! :thumbup:

Great, thanks! No urgency --- have not even got it yet --- but perhaps VKB could share the specs of the correct screw (and maybe a link to the correct model on a major online vendor, e.g. https://www.boltdepot.com/ )? This for those of us who find the physical world even more challenging than the virtual one!

FYI - MonsterTech will be offering Gunfighter mounts as well!

Good news! I wonder if the plates would allow sufficient horizontal offset/displacement to allow for full deflection with the 20cm extension? This was an issue IIRC with the 20cm extension for the Warthog (though I could be mistaken about this: someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Good news! I wonder if the plates would allow sufficient horizontal offset/displacement to allow for full deflection with the 20cm extension? This was an issue IIRC with the 20cm extension for the Warthog (though I could be mistaken about this: someone please correct me if I am wrong).

That's why MonsterTech is getting a Gunfighter Pro to make sure it works correctly :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Great, thanks! No urgency --- have not even got it yet --- but perhaps VKB could share the specs of the correct screw (and maybe a link to the correct model on a major online vendor, e.g. https://www.boltdepot.com/ )? This for those of us who find the physical world even more challenging than the virtual one!

I have an email out to UIV at VKB HQ about that. I'll let you know.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=6378

• Like 2

The customer service of VKB is quite literally second to none - wow. :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What can you say great products and great customer support equal a bright future! Keep up the good work

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Originally Posted by Bearfoot viewpost.gif

Would it be possible for us to replace the screws entirely with ones that are within specs?

Insert paper washer (easy to trim if need) under the rear screws, so you can tight then without hit the "Dry Clutch". :)
Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

Just got an update from DHL, my Gunfighter was originally scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Today's update is it will arrive by the end of the day today. Nice!

Now though, I will not be using it until I can get that new grip. I needs my buttons!

So about that MCG Pro hmmm?

Bring it on baby lol!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Got mine last night and initial impressions of quality and attention to detail are excellent. I ****ed up and lost one of my warthog trigger springs when doing the adapter swap, but that was the only hangup. I didn't have time to test fly it but hopefully tonight, need to get some bolts from the hardware store to get the mount to the point where I can use it.

The only thing that is immediately clear is for my setup, I'm going to need a shorter extension, the 20cm is just too long. Are there any plans to offer different lengths? I guess I could fab one out of the existing extension and it's connectors....

After reading the above post, a pro-tip that VKB should pass on to their customers buying adapters for Warthogs:

Put a piece of electrical tape securing the trigger to the half of the grip with the thumb hat on it (all electronics/switch stay in that half as the other lifts away). This will prevent the trigger from dislodging enough to launch a spring, which btw comes off fast enough to take out an eyeball so you may want to wear safety goggles just in case.

After reading the above post, a pro-tip that VKB should pass on to their customers buying adapters for Warthogs:

Put a piece of electrical tape securing the trigger to the half of the grip with the thumb hat on it (all electronics/switch stay in that half as the other lifts away). This will prevent the trigger from dislodging enough to launch a spring, which btw comes off fast enough to take out an eyeball so you may want to wear safety goggles just in case.

^^^^ this :(

Just received my Pro, and my only regret is that I've got to travel for work, and won't get to try it until the weekend.

Unboxed, and very pleased with the quality!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have received my stick a few minutes ago and really impressed so far. Now where is software install instructions and changing the cams instructions? I looked on the website but I my be to excited to see it lol.

Edit: I manage to swap out the springs and the cam with no problem, I figured if there was no left over parts I was good to go lol. Now off to load the software and maybe some pic here soon.

Edited by showtime817th

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now where is software install instructions and changing the cams instructions?

You don't need install software, but just run VKB DevCfG for load Warthog grip buttons profile in VKB base controller EPROM.

See download links in VKB America product page: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-gunfighter

Instructions: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&p=26101#p26101

Delivery was attempted today, but I have a job like a normal person, so of course I wasn't home. I'm not seeing any options on the DHL website to authorize them to release it.

Never mind, I found it, but it keeps saying my waybill number is incorrect. FFS, I don't have time for this.

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

As an idea - seeing so much frustration with couriers - may be worth asking your employer to get it delivered to the office of your employment? (Assuming you are not an "on the road" type person for work). OR perhaps to a friend if you're on the road?

As an example, I work on the road and am never home for deliveries - which I get 3-5 of a week. I have a client I know well, with an office very close by - he's been very helpful in allowing all my deliveries to go there. He gets discount rates and a nice bottle of wine every so often.

It's often worth checking with people you know before ordering, as it may be more convenient to get things delivered to . friend/office than your home.

Z...

As an idea - seeing so much frustration with couriers - may be worth asking your employer to get it delivered to the office of your employment? (Assuming you are not an "on the road" type person for work). OR perhaps to a friend if you're on the road?

As an example, I work on the road and am never home for deliveries - which I get 3-5 of a week. I have a client I know well, with an office very close by - he's been very helpful in allowing all my deliveries to go there. He gets discount rates and a nice bottle of wine every so often.

It's often worth checking with people you know before ordering, as it may be more convenient to get things delivered to . friend/office than your home.

Z...

Yeah, I often have stuff delivered to work. Didn't even think about it this time. Anyways, called DHL and apparently their OnDemand service is not working, so it wasn't my error, but no worries, the slip they left on my door had a place to sign for release. Just frustrating that nothing ever seems to work right.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer