trigen

System

amd 270x 4gb

Evo 250gb SSD

6gb ram

i7 950 3.8ghz

Version 1.5.5.59744

Latest 2.0

Been ripping my hair out trying every single combination and tips found on this forum but it seems that unless you are at 60 fps with vsync you will have microstutters at any fps, above or below that. Any fluctuation in fps will also result in stutter. On my system anyhow

So if you guys got a magic fix for this in the close future it would be fantastic! Id love to have a smooth sim on 55 fps too

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

for one thing your ram is low, I had 8gb, and the microstutters were a regular feature, upgraded to 16gb (and much faster memory too) and it is generally smooth. clock your i7 up a bit too, the difference between 3.8ghz and 4.2ghz is noticeable.

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Too small RAM causes loading stuttering and not constant microstuttering.

Its about interferences between the GPU-output and the monitor-input. I would need to make some scetches to explain that properly.

The solution is to get close as possible to a whole-number multiple of your monitor refresh rate.

So:

GPU output 50fps -> Monitor refresh rate 50hz, 100hz, 150hz... would be the best. In this case you should force the GPU-output to 50 fps.

The higher the monitor refresh rate the higher is the fps-range within you can run the programm with avoiding or at least minimizing stuttering.

With my GTX1070 I am able to fly with at least 60fps on 60hz refresh rate in all situations over nevada. Completly smooth. But over caucasus I sometimes get 50fps including the microstuttering as you do. Thats way I love Neveda and hate T3-caucasus. Its a totally different feeling.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

OP - what's your monitor refresh rate? 60? I run a 120hz monitor and get stuttering with anything above or especially below 120fps. Evident when using TrackIR. Are you using TrackIR? If so, try disabling it and see if that improves stuttering.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Too small RAM causes loading stuttering and not constant microstuttering.

Its about interferences between the GPU-output and the monitor-input. I would need to make some scetches to explain that properly.

The solution is to get close as possible to a whole-number multiple of your monitor refresh rate.

So:

GPU output 50fps -> Monitor refresh rate 50hz, 100hz, 150hz... would be the best. In this case you should force the GPU-output to 50 fps.

The higher the monitor refresh rate the higher is the fps-range within you can run the programm with avoiding or at least minimizing stuttering.

With my GTX1070 I am able to fly with at least 60fps on 60hz refresh rate in all situations over nevada. Completly smooth. But over caucasus I sometimes get 50fps including the microstuttering as you do. Thats way I love Neveda and hate T3-caucasus. Its a totally different feeling.

That's pretty much it yes. Thankfully, lying the sim gets to 60fps fairly easy (in caucasus for me) as 30 fps really isn't smooth and it fluctuates a tiny bit when locked in graphics. Lua. Guess the only solution is to upgrade my gpu/cpu to handle 3 monitors to 60fps at all times.

That's pretty much it yes. Thankfully, lying the sim gets to 60fps fairly easy (in caucasus for me) as 30 fps really isn't smooth and it fluctuates a tiny bit when locked in graphics. Lua. Guess the only solution is to upgrade my gpu/cpu to handle 3 monitors to 60fps at all times.

A R9270X isnt even strong enough to handle ONE monitor with 60fps unless you dont want to see some details of the map. Three monitors with Full-HD for each and 60fps AND maybe some graphic settings above the lowest of the lowest, I would say you should get a GTX1080 for caucasus.

Just wait a few month. DCS2.5 with T4-caucasus will change a lot and a GTX1060 might be good enough for a while.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

A R9270X isnt even strong enough to handle ONE monitor with 60fps unless you dont want to see some details of the map. Three monitors with Full-HD for each and 60fps AND maybe some graphic settings above the lowest of the lowest, I would say you should get a GTX1080 for caucasus.

Just wait a few month. DCS2.5 with T4-caucasus will change a lot and a GTX1060 might be good enough for a while.

You'd be surprised with the 270 actually. I cant do shadows and not to much view range + autogen stuff but it will do 60 quite nicely with most of the other stuff on high with a 3 monitor 1 screen setup. With the 3 screen option thats a no go of course. In any case its kind of sad not to have any eyecandy, just cant do single screen either once you've gone triple. Its not much difference in fps there though tbh

I do plan on a major comp update this year regardless though as my 5 year old i950 has done its job now. Going for top of the line this time too (more now but way less in upgrades later

) but i hope to see what Amd's new cpu lineup will be before upgrading. same with vega.

Looking forward to seeing 2.5. For now, combat while stutter, its still good fun in the Huey

I don't thing it's the RAM. I have 16GB (i5 4460 @3,2ghz, gtx970, ssd) and have microstutters. Most ofthe time my fps if above 60, nice and smooth. but as soon as it drops below, it's microstutters all over the place. The fps counter may show 50, but it feels like 15.

Only in 1.5, 2.0 runs much better.

Worth taking a look at this just to rule it out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Actually, setting affinity to cores 3-4 helped a lot on the micro stutter but now i got it everytime the fps tries to jump to 31 instead of 30, comes and goes which can be a tad more annoying actually. Way smoother when it sticks though! Wish i could force half vsync!

Actually, setting affinity to cores 3-4 helped a lot on the micro stutter but now i got it everytime the fps tries to jump to 31 instead of 30, comes and goes which can be a tad more annoying actually. Way smoother when it sticks though! Wish i could force half vsync!

You could try to limit the fps to 30 manually? Either by using the graphic's card control panel (don't know that works for AMD though) or by setting DCS itselfe to 30fps maximum. See here how you can do that: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118535&highlight=CPU+AFFINITY

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

You could try to limit the fps to 30 manually? Either by using the graphic's card control panel (don't know that works for AMD though) or by setting DCS itselfe to 30fps maximum. See here how you can do that: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118535&highlight=CPU+AFFINITY

Thanks for the reply.

Locking it to 30 fps in amd crimson has (its not really locking it, just trying to smooth things at that fps) no effect nor has locking it to 30 in graphics.lua.

Using Radeonpro profile tool with admin rights and forcing double vsync the sim runs very smooth at 30 fps now. Its not as fluid as 30 of course but the constant stutter is gone. Sadly this also comes with a huge performance hit so its not worth it. can run in single screen but nothing else.

Now, setting affinity actually just makes it stutter every so often so im not touching that anymore, the difference is neglible.

Its a sync issue anyhow, so not much to do about it

Edited by trigen

System

amd 270x 4gb

Evo 250gb SSD

6gb ram

i7 950 3.8ghz

Version 1.5.5.59744

Latest 2.0

Been ripping my hair out trying every single combination and tips found on this forum but it seems that unless you are at 60 fps with vsync you will have microstutters at any fps, above or below that. Any fluctuation in fps will also result in stutter. On my system anyhow

So if you guys got a magic fix for this in the close future it would be fantastic! Id love to have a smooth sim on 55 fps too

Try bringing all graphic settings to off/low then see if the issue goes away [if it doesn't ignore this test]. If it does then gradually bring your settings back up...one by one and test fly it until the problem returns then you'll know which setting(s) is causing it...worked for me!

Thanks for the reply.

Locking it to 30 fps in amd crimson has (its not really locking it, just trying to smooth things at that fps) no effect nor has locking it to 30 in graphics.lua.

Using Radeonpro profile tool with admin rights and forcing double vsync the sim runs very smooth at 30 fps now. Its not as fluid as 30 of course but the constant stutter is gone. Sadly this also comes with a huge performance hit so its not worth it. can run in single screen but nothing else.

Now, setting affinity actually just makes it stutter every so often so im not touching that anymore, the difference is neglible.

Its a sync issue anyhow, so not much to do about it

Be aware that if you just cap your FPS to 30, you can have a problem wich is the same as microstutters: it's call frame pacing. Like you, i love constant smooth flight, without FPS drop or stutters. Only solution i've found, enabled adaptative v-sync (half refresh rate), my screen is 60Hz, so this option cap at 30Hz @ 30FPS. A bit of input lag, but i can deal with this.

I use RadeonPro's Dynamic Vsync to get rid of the micro stuttering. I don't know if nvidia owners have such a tool.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I use RadeonPro's Dynamic Vsync to get rid of the micro stuttering. I don't know if nvidia owners have such a tool.

Same for Nvidia users. Basically, it enable v-sync when your FPS match your screen refresh rate, and disable it when you are below. But, even with this feature, stuttering still occurs. Half refresh rate is the "magic" option....for me.

Half refresh rate is the "magic" option....for me.

Half fresh rate does eliminate the stutter, but going to 30 fps from 60 is not a solution for me. :) Especialy considering the fact that most of the time my fps is solid 60.

I got my current PC (i5 4460, gtx970, 16gb, ssd) at about the same time when 1.5 came out, and the performance was AMAZING. A few months ago I started to notice the microstutters. So either something went wrong with my PC, or there's some issue with DCS. Hope things will improve once the 2.5 is out.

Half fresh rate does eliminate the stutter, but going to 30 fps from 60 is not a solution for me. :) Especialy considering the fact that most of the time my fps is solid 60.

I got my current PC (i5 4460, gtx970, 16gb, ssd) at about the same time when 1.5 came out, and the performance was AMAZING. A few months ago I started to notice the microstutters. So either something went wrong with my PC, or there's some issue with DCS. Hope things will improve once the 2.5 is out.

Same as you, microstutters appears a few months ago, can't remember when. Something goes wrong with DCS and finger cross for 2.5...