F-14 Mini Development Update

Cobra847

thats awesome! thanks for the update. I actually went to the Tulsa museum not too long ago. got talking to a couple of people ther near closing so was pretty much just us. turned out they didnt know about the glove vanes so we got talking about them a fair bit. wanted to ask them so bad to sit in it lol. but its in pretty good condition however the wing sweep lever is in disagreement with the wing position... other than that fantastic example! might go again one day. not many chances to get that close to one and go over every detail. all in all minor gripes and well worth the visit.

Thanks LN's team, great work, keep going !!!

-The nozzle of engine seems not to be enough open when you are at full power / afterburner, sure it's WIP ;)

-Still no idea about LANTIRN capability?

-Do you expect to put some different colors of afterburner according to daylight like IRL ? Or maybe it's just not possible in DCS core software ?

++

IMG_2816.thumb.JPG.4d065bb01363246cccd3117fd07755d9.JPG

IMG_2817.thumb.JPG.9543db71f718224b9b14798b0e0ef244.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can we get it without weapons as pre alpha?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thanks LN's team, great work, keep going !!!

-The nozzle of engine seems not to be enough open when you are at full power / afterburner, sure it's WIP ;)

-Still no idea about LANTIRN capability?

-Do you expect to put some different colors of afterburner according to daylight like IRL ? Or maybe it's just not possible in DCS core software ?

++

LN has already stated on their Facebook page that the afterburners are very much WIP and will be completely reworked for the final release.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Great works leatherneck you rocks the dcs moduls !!! Thx for making the birds, i hope you see for a long long time in dcs !

Greets mike

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

The weapon systems news is really encouraging, that means most of the work on the basic systems as well as the deep ASM modelling of the radar, electrical systems, avionics etc. has progressed to the point where weapons can begin to be integrated.

AFAIK, weapons are the last to be added to a module in development since they require at least some functionality of pretty much every other system. (Depending on the complexity of the module of course).

I could be wrong about this, but I hope Im not! :) Tomcat in 2017 is starting to become a reality! Yay! :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those are contrails not " smoke"...... c'mon man, there's never been black contrails, except maybe over Los Angeles, amirite?

As far as it being a game thing, well, the Eagle and all the Gen 4 Russian birds don't have this problem like the F-5 and Viggen, maybe it's a fighter generation thing? In real life the SU's do smoke a little though......

Cobra, thank you and thank goodness lol....I was worried!!

~S

the screen of the sunset pit takes me straight back to the good old microprose days,

looking more and more awesome

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Fantastic looks great! + F-105 "Lead-Sled" confirmed :p

Ha, that idea about the F-105 crossed my mind too, knowing how sly LN can be sometimes! That would be awesome but I certainly won't hold my breath anytime soon.

Anyways, those pics are awesome! This will certainly be a fun jet to learn how to operate. Can't wait for the texturing work to take form.

Thanks for the update, nice work.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP WIP

Remember...... WIP

Looks great! I will probably pick this one up. A good old bird, the "fleet defender."

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

wait, so just so we're clear here, the F-14 is coming as the F-14A/A+/B all in one right? or is it going to be separate...

A+ and B is the same, and yes it will be all-in-one ( like L39C / L39ZA ), but B version is coming first ;)

++

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those are contrails not " smoke"... c'mon man, there's never been black contrails, except maybe over Los Angeles, amirite?

Well, they looked more like bad contrails than bad smoke...to each his own.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.