2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Some awesome "in development" shots mixed in with those for the Yak. Love how SoH is looking, very much looking forward to that.

Couldn't help but also notice the comment about the Yak being multiplayer (i.e. pilot and trainer). Hopefully that will also facilitate the ability of the Huey, Mi8 and some other aircraft to allow multiple players in a single aircraft.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Some awesome "in development" shots mixed in with those for the Yak. Love how SoH is looking, very much looking forward to that.

Couldn't help but also notice the comment about the Yak being multiplayer (i.e. pilot and trainer). Hopefully that will also facilitate the ability of the Huey, Mi8 and some other aircraft to allow multiple players in a single aircraft.

Where are those screens?...I cant find any new one...thanks!

Take a look at my MODS here

Never seen a P-51 with a radial engine, so how is that going to help you?

Please see what Cunctator said above; "Will this be a general engine improvement".

Example: Cooling system. New technologies being developed for the Yak-52 could be applied to older modules in order to make them more accurate or improve the existing features.

Well , Looks like Hornet will be available 1 April at the earliest, and 21 Jun Last day of spring :music_whistling:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Well , Looks like Hornet will be available 1 April at the earliest, and 21 Jun Last day of spring :music_whistling:

I was wondering about that, but I didn't want to appear pushy.

Where I live, Spring is usually considered to be February, March, April. (Summer is May, June, July - centred around the longest day of the year, in the second half of June). So reading that the Hornet would be made available some time from April to the end of Spring appeared to be a fairly narrow window!

Not to mention that in the Southern hemisphere, Spring is later in the year.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I was wondering about that, but I didn't want to appear pushy.

Where I live, Spring is usually considered to be February, March, April. (Summer is May, June, July - centred around the longest day of the year, in the second half of June). So reading that the Hornet would be made available some time from April to the end of Spring appeared to be a fairly narrow window!

Not to mention that in the Southern hemisphere, Spring is later in the year.

I'm sure it's North hemisphere that is accounted.

Astronomical Spring is: 21'st March to 20'th of June.

Metoeorogical Spring is: 1'st March to 1'st June.

Lucky for you to consider February for a Spring but the Winter ends in March while Summer begins in June ;)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Astronomical Spring is: 21'st March to 20'th of June.

Metoeorogical Spring is: 1'st March to 1'st June.

Lucky for you to consider February for a Spring but the Winter ends in March while Summer begins in June ;)

The whole idea of seasons is a cultural construct (some cultures have 6 seasons).

Ireland uses an ancient Celtic calendar system to determine the seasons, so spring begins on St Brigid's Day on February 1.

Meteorological or Astronomical measurement of seasons is perfectly logical... but there's also a logic to having Midsummers Day (or the longest day of the year) in the middle of summer.

In this case, I'd rather ED uses the ancient Celtic calendar :D

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Thanks but he talked about SoH new screens or thats what I understood and there are no new screens about soh there, thats why I asked...guess hes wrong.

Sorry, hadn't realised that those SoH shots had been previewed before. All the same, looking grand.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hey guys,

according to the latest news, I thought I should be able to use bonus-$$ to discount up to 70% of the modules listed, including Combined Arms. However, the shop only lets me add 6 bonus-$$, i.e. the usual 30%. Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance

LeGordian

Please see what Cunctator said above; "Will this be a general engine improvement".

Example: Cooling system. New technologies being developed for the Yak-52 could be applied to older modules in order to make them more accurate or improve the existing features.

Radial - air cooled.

In-line - water cooled.

I still suspect that stuff applicable to the Yak-52 will not really be relevant to the P-51. You appear to think rather differently. I get it!

Radial - air cooled.

In-line - water cooled.

I still suspect that stuff applicable to the Yak-52 will not really be relevant to the P-51. You appear to think rather differently. I get it!

What Vitormouraa viewpost.gif is on about is underlying tech being shared.

F'instance, say you write a simplistic cylinder temperature calculator. You might make it so one of the params given to it for the cylinder you're about to calculate contains the current temp of the adjacent cylinders, the size of gap between them and what that gap is made of....then you could apply it to both radial and in-line. The difference in the static data would obviously be the gap size and gap type, first being metal and the second being much smaller for inline.

Obviously if your current inline model just represents an average temp across the block as a whole, you've now got the ability to upgrade said model to use the above functionality and get more detailed representation and have differing temps.

YoYo has said before there's a thermal model for the current WWII birds, so I'd imagine they're just going to expand it to handle both types of engine.

Edited by Buzzles

I'm confused about the last newsletter:

From today onwards and until the end of February 2018 we will maintain the current pricing and discounts levels for all DCS modules. Thereafter, prices will return to their original recommended levels.

DCS: A-10C Warthog: $59.99

DCS: Black Shark 2: $49.99

DCS: P-51D Mustang: $39.99

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $49.99

DCS: Combined Arms: $39.99

F-15C for DCS World: $14.99

A-10A for DCS World: $14.99

Su-27 for DCS World: $14.99

Su-25 for DCS World: $14.99

A mod locked the CA thread saying the price hadn't increased. But in July 2017 I bought CA for $10 at a 50% discount. I browsed the eShop page often and I'm certain it was sold at $20 for the past year.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

• ED Team

A mod locked the CA thread saying the price hadn't increased. But in July 2017 I bought CA for $10 at a 50% discount. I browsed the eShop page often and I'm certain it was sold at $20 for the past year.

They reset the prices back to release levels, but if you bought it already, what is the issue for you?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

DCS; Combined Arms was released 7-10-2012 @ $39.99

It was discounted to $20 after several years

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They reset the prices back to release levels, but if you bought it already, what is the issue for you?

Why so defensive? I'm trying to see if the price has been increased or not. Just because at one point in time it was $40 doesn't mean it's always been that way. For the last year, it's full non-discounted price has been $19.99. It will now cost $39.99. That's a 100% price increase. If PS3s suddenly returned to their $599 price points do you think that would not be considered a price increase?

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

Why so defensive? I'm trying to see if the price has been increased or not. Just because at one point in time it was $40 doesn't mean it's always been that way. For the last year, it's full non-discounted price has been $19.99. It will now cost $39.99. That's a 100% price increase. If PS3s suddenly returned to their $599 price points do you think that would not be considered a price increase?

It was Launched at $39.99,

Then Discounted to $19.99,

The Discount is being removed, so $39.99

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

It was Launched at $39.99,

Then Discounted to $19.99,

The Discount is being removed, so $39.99

So the price increased $20. And it wasn't a discount, the full price was $20, hence why in a sale it was discounted to $10.

lkhf7JG.jpg

No original price on display with strike-through text and a discounted price below, bonus points still in effect. In the UK we even have a law saying a product has to use its most common price point to prevent unscrupulous sellers claiming a product has been discounted down from a higher price point to entice more buyers.

Then on SteamDB we have the price history

7wNZCIi.jpg

$20 price clearly marked as "no discount". Steam CMS & advertising rules means all discounts have to be clearly marked, and if you go to the CA page right now - full non-discounted price listed as $20.

Edited by Temp89

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

Why is this still a thing the other thread about it was closed for a reason.

original prices was $39.99, it was on pre-release sale of $29.99 on 7-Oct-2012 see here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1499845&postcount=1

it's now gone back to it's original price of $39.99, get over it. it's one of the most regular discounted modules so wait a while and no doubt it'll go down to $9.99 again at some point in future

and you can't compare it to a lump of hardware that gets replaced by new tech, the module gets constant (ok. maybe not super regular) updates but the vehicles get texture overhauls and model improvements,

this takes several man hours to complete and wages for it has to come from the fee they charge for it.

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

So the price increased $20. And it wasn't a discount, the full price was $20, hence why in a sale it was discounted to $10.

lkhf7JG.jpg

No original price on display with strike-through text and a discounted price below, bonus points still in effect. In the UK we even have a law saying a product has to use its most common price point to prevent unscrupulous sellers claiming a product has been discounted down from a higher price point to entice more buyers.

Then on SteamDB we have the price history

7wNZCIi.jpg

$20 price clearly marked as "no discount". Steam CMS & advertising rules means all discounts have to be clearly marked, and if you go to the CA page right now - full non-discounted price listed as $20.

Beating a Dead Horse.

I Said it was $39.99 on release in 2012, that chart only goes back to 2015. DCS World was released long before it was on Steam.

What Vitormouraa viewpost.gif is on about is underlying tech being shared.

F'instance, say you write a simplistic cylinder temperature calculator. You might make it so one of the params given to it for the cylinder you're about to calculate contains the current temp of the adjacent cylinders, the size of gap between them and what that gap is made of....then you could apply it to both radial and in-line. The difference in the static data would obviously be the gap size and gap type, first being metal and the second being much smaller for inline.

Obviously if your current inline model just represents an average temp across the block as a whole, you've now got the ability to upgrade said model to use the above functionality and get more detailed representation and have differing temps.

YoYo has said before there's a thermal model for the current WWII birds, so I'd imagine they're just going to expand it to handle both types of engine.

It must be very simplistic indeed to make radial (air cooled) engines and inline (water cooled) engines behave similarly! For example, to regulate cooling of a radiator, you open an array of cowl flaps to regulate air flow over the cylinders. Water cooled engines have buffers - the plumbing, water density, and radiator efficiencies. They will substantially increase the time lapse between cowl/radiator flap opening and the engine cooling. They are fundamentally different, and any model ignoring that will be a very poor model.