Wallpaper shows AIM-9X...?

mrsteel

Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, why? Do you want to fight even less in the F15? You already got a BVR Missile that fights for you, you also want a short ranger?

Guess the same might apply for hornet then. both aim-120c and aim9x plus JHMCS :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is this a game or a simulator? Should a vpilot of any given platform give a rats rear end about balance at the development level (or any level...really...)?

As for fighting...You can do a lot of fighting with modern weapons. 120s, X-rays, Archers, they should redefine how you do certain things and whether you'll do those things at all ever. The fight doesn't get easier, you just win/lose the fight earlier due to less obvious parameters.

This message needs to be spread throughout the forms, for all the talks about realism people sure do whine about the AMRAAM being unfair...

This message needs to be spread throughout the forms, for all the talks about realism people sure do whine about the AMRAAM being unfair...

People whine about having a mid 2000s model amraam against essentially late 80s soviet weapons and a late 80s mirage.

Totally different. And yes unrealistic.

But that horse has been beaten to death and it's zombified remains hung up to dry yet people still go back to it.:P

We need a SU-27SM with R-77 to balance the fights

What if I told you DCS is a simulator, not a video game, and balance is not a concern whatsoever?

Do you think that the Syrian Su-22 pilot complained about balance because he got shot down by a much more advanced aircraft?

Sorry if that was a bit rude. That point just needs to be driven into the heads of the DCS community. This is not a video game. If you want balance, go to War Thunder.

What if I told you DCS is a simulator, not a video game, and balance is not a concern whatsoever?

Do you think that the Syrian Su-22 pilot complained about balance because he got shot down by a much more advanced aircraft?

Sorry if that was a bit rude. That point just needs to be driven into the heads of the DCS community. This is not a video game. If you want balance, go to War Thunder.

Its true for SP but DCS has online multiplayer

And online requires a balance

Balance is up to mission maker. He can do all sort of limitations, do time appropriate missions and limit specific ammunition, even amount and type of aircraft. It's up to a player then to choose on which server he wants to fly.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Is this the general consensus? I don't keep in touch with the less-realistic player groups. I stay on the hardcore simulation end. Do players really see the DCS online mode as an easy-mode arcade setting? If so, I think that's sad...

Su-27s already have the HMD combined with the R73. If you ask me, the AIM-9X and JHMCS will be introducing balance. AIM-9Ms just can't compete with the R73.

Edited by Kippy

Says who? The online, Call of Duty-alike stuff is a small minority in the community...

Online requires a mindset change in general, not more balancing.

For the record I agree with "Majinbot", a Su-27SM or, better yet, a Su-27S with R-77s is needed. I don't agree with the idea of balancing a simulator though. If we can't have a specific platform that would fill a realistic role, we need a stand-in for that platform. I've thrown Russian weapons and some other mods on an Eagle, in the past, and called it a modern Flanker replicator. You can't have perfection, so you have to do the next best thing...That's not balance, although sometimes the fix would be the same. ;)

Edited by Sweep
changed/removed wording...

Lord of Salt

Balance is up to mission maker.

Thats it !!!

Different planes different weapons!

I like the fact that DCS is more a Simulator for players who like to fly more realistic!

I just hate the conversation about MP and AIM-9x.

If the weapon is there for the Hornet, I want to use it, in SP and MP!

balance is alway up to the mission maker.

For me there is no challenge fighting against the AI in co-op, it is stale and has very little learning value.

In mp fighting against the same aircraft has limitations too.

Fighting against weaker aircraft has the same issues as the AI point.

Fighting against stronger opponents is degrading and requires more training than is usually possible to keep motivated.

That leaves the best option which is having several choice of aircraft all on a similair level, this is not a War Thunder idea it is using simulator fighter jets for exactly what they are designed for, combat. That involves designing situations or scenarios to apply tactics and learn how to co-operate effectively as a flight or many flights and the best opponents you can have for this are like minded human ones in equally capable airframes.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Exactly, heck some people like to say the Mig-21 is the equivalent of the F-5E in DCS but that's not true. The Mig-21 is too advanced for the F-5E, but that doesn't mean one should complain about it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

What kind of limitations?

I would say in your case thats the way how it goes for you.

Because F18 vs F18 is totally balanced.

Yes equal strengths, equal opportinities, repetitive limited training.

Angles v energy fighters, ac that perform better at different altitudes have different payloads etc. creates much more variation

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Is this the general consensus? I don't keep in touch with the less-realistic player groups. I stay on the hardcore simulation end. Do players really see the DCS online mode as an easy-mode arcade setting? If so, I think that's sad...

Su-27s already have the HMD combined with the R73. If you ask me, the AIM-9X and JHMCS will be introducing balance. AIM-9Ms just can't compete with the R73.

FYI fighting against non period ac isn't hardcore simulation, it's arcade.

The R73 was a weapon of similar period to the aim9m/l but a superior weapon. The R27 or 530d vs aim120c not so.

And btw a mica armed m2000 would give anything a run for its money.

Not trying to take the conversation further off into the woods but most online servers I've played that have an interest in fairness end up placing the same aircraft on each team. For example F-15s on the US/Coalition team and adversary painted F-15s on the Russia/Opposition team. Mission makers who seek fairness will find a way and obviously those seeking realism will be given just that, and can even slant the mission in such a way to account for a particular team's advantage. Doesn't seem like a big deal imho.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

FYI fighting against non period ac isn't hardcore simulation, it's arcade.

The R73 was a weapon of similar period to the aim9m/l but a superior weapon. The R27 or 530d vs aim120c not so.

And btw a mica armed m2000 would give anything a run for its money.

Ah, yes. Well, I will be searching for the Syrian SU-22 pilot's formal complaint that he was shot-down by a non-period aircraft.

• Like 3

Ah, yes. Well, I will be searching for the Syrian SU-22 pilot's formal complaint that he was shot-down by a non-period aircraft.

What's their Policy on MP Disputes? :megalol::megalol:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Su-27sm is real aircraft so I'd like to have it in the simulator if possible. I have to go to war thunder cause someone say so? Nonsense, he wants to win easy against old plane, I don't. Democracy...

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

The Su-27sm is real aircraft so I'd like to have it in the simulator if possible. I have to go to war thunder cause someone say so? Nonsense, he wants to win easy against old plane, I don't. Democracy...

The Su-27SM is not happening because of Russian laws!!! Nothing against you but geesh everyone wants to beat this dead horse! Not trying to be feisty sorry

The Su-27SM is not happening because of Russian laws!!! Nothing against you but geesh everyone wants to beat this dead horse! Not trying to be feisty sorry

Unfortunately i'm well aware of that. The first time I said "I want a su-27sm" I was nostalgic and ironic at the same time.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S