Civilian planes

Neon

You don't see it on the "Main Screen", (to set it as wallpaper etc.), or in "Instant Action " by chance?

I don't belive DCS works that way by "partially" loading or "preloading" mods.

I have from time to time, not this one, had issues with some mods. An easy repair with Scate Zillas excellent app, usually fix this.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nope, don't see it on the main screen. I tried running Skate Zilla's app, but it doesn't seem to be working either, or at least I'm not sure how it would here (from poking around with it).

Curious if any clues helped. Do I need to do anything special in DCS after copying the folder to get the planes to show up?

No, nothing special beyond placing the mod on the proper folder. Maybe you can attach your dcs.log to gather more clues?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nope, don't see it on the main screen. I tried running Skate Zilla's app, but it doesn't seem to be working either, or at least I'm not sure how it would here (from poking around with it).
I use Scate Zillas launcher to easily repair or see if any DCS processes are still running, and then kill it.

If you don't have it on main screen or instant action, it's not installed I guess.

I would definitely run a repair. My best bet as of now.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

An important note for all those who have purchased the JF-17 module from Deka Ironworks. The pilot texture "pilot.dds" of the mod "Civilian planes" has the same name as that in the Deka Ironworks module "JF-17". The texture for the pilot is displayed with the texture of the pilot of the mod "Civilian planes".

Thanks for pointing it out ... I do have the Jf-17 and hadnt even noticed the issue :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Is there a way to prevent civilian aircraft from taking off and landing at military bases without having to set everything up manually in the mission editor? It takes a lot of time to do that.

I rarely set the civil aircrafts manually ... I prefer to use the excellent RAT Script, where you specify on a LUA file what airports use each aircraft, and then generates the air traffic randomly .. it's excellent to make a mission play slightly different every time ... more info here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194247

This is an example of the LUA file used by RAT .. it may look complex, but once debuged you can use the same file on every mission that you create:

-- Liveries for Persian Gulf
local b727skins={"Air France", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa Oberhausen Old", "Pan Am", "Singapore Airlines", "UNITED", "UNITED Old"}
local b737skins={"Air Algerie", "Air France", "Airzena", "AM", "American_Airlines", "British Airways", "C40s", "EA", "Lufthansa BA", "Lufthansa KR", "OLD_BA", "OMAN AIR", "PAN AM", "QANTAS", "RYANAIR", "UPS"}
local b747skins={"AF", "AI", "CP", "IM", "KLM", "LH", "NW", "PA", "QA", "TA"}
local b757skins={"AA", "BA", "C-32", "Delta", "DHL", "easyJet", "Swiss", "Thomson"}
local a380skins={"Air Canada", "Air France", "BA", "China Southern", "Emirates", "KA", "LH", "LHF", "Qantas Airways", "QTR", "SA", "TA"}
local a320skins={"airarabia", "Air Asia", "Air Canada", "Air France", "Al Maha", "Alitalia", "American Airlines", "BRD", "British Airways", "Egyptair", "Easy Jet", "Easy Jet Berlin", "Easy Jet w", "Edelweiss", "Emirates", "Etihad", "Gulf Air", "Iberia", "Iran Air", "Islamic Republic", "Jazeera", "Kish Air", "KLM", "KLM WiFi", "Kuwait Airways", "LAN", "Lufthansa", "Lufthansa New", "MEA", "Nesma", "Nile Air", "Qatar", "SAS", "Saudi Gulf", "Saudia", "SWISS", "Tunis Air", "Turkish Airlines", "UAE", "United"}

local yak40=RAT:New("RAT-Yak40")
yak40:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
yak40:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)
yak40:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport"}) 
yak40:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport"}) 
yak40:Spawn(2)

local b727=RAT:New("RAT-B727")
b727:Livery(b727skins)
b727:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b727:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)
b727:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport"}) 
b727:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport"}) 
b727:Spawn(2)

local b737=RAT:New("RAT-B737")
b737:Livery(b737skins)
b737:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b737:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)
b737:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport"}) 
b737:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport"}) 
b737:Spawn(2)

local b747=RAT:New("RAT-B747")
b747:Livery(b747skins)
b747:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b747:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)
b747:SetDeparture({"Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
b747:SetDestination({"Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
b747:Spawn(2)

local b757=RAT:New("RAT-B757")
b757:Livery(b757skins)
b757:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
b757:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)
b757:SetDeparture({"Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
b757:SetDestination({"Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
b757:Spawn(2)

local a380=RAT:New("RAT-A380")
a380:Livery(a380skins)
a380:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
a380:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)
a380:SetDeparture({"Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
a380:SetDestination({"Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
a380:Spawn(2)

local a320=RAT:New("RAT-A320")
a320:Livery(a320skins)
a320:SetCoalitionAircraft("neutral")
a320:SetCountry(country.id.SWITZERLAND)
a320:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
a320:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl", "Bandar Abbas Intl", "Shiraz International Airport", "Kerman Airport", "To Asia", "To Europe"}) 
a320:Spawn(4)

Best regards

@Rudel thanks for that code!

can you explain, how tis works:

a320:SetDestination({..... "To Asia", "To Europe"})

Those are probably names of trigger zones defined in the mission editor. This is useful to simulate long range traffic. Once the aircraft arrive in the zones, they are despawned and new ones are created.

You can also set up zones as departures to have it the other way around or zones as departures and destinations to simulate high altitude traffic across the map.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

@Rudel thanks for that code!

can you explain, how tis works:

a320:SetDestination({..... "To Asia", "To Europe"})

Hi, sorry for the late answer .. it's what FunkyFranky says: it isnt realistic to have large airliners on short routes, so I make use of trigger zones to have large aircraft cris-crossing the Map:

Gi5pGBH.jpg

creating the lua file requires a bit of work, but once done it can be reused on any future mission that you edit. I also made a Static Template with just the planes, so I dont have to remember the plane names used on the script and it can be added to existing missions (pity the Static Templates cant include triggers and trigger zones yet :( )

ED6VFlC.jpg

Best regards and thanks a lot to cdpkobra (known for his famous VSN-Mods), SethOs and Popchar for the Civil aircrafts, and to FunkyFranky for an amazing script :D

PD: The Script isnt limited to civil aircrafts, I use it to also simulate background military traffic between my coalition's airbases, like this example for blue traffic at UAE:

local ch53=RAT:New("RAT-ch53", "CH-53 Blue")
ch53:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue")
ch53:SetCoalition("sameonly")
ch53:SetTakeoff("cold")
ch53:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
ch53:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
ch53:Spawn(1)

local ah64=RAT:New("RAT-ah64", "AH-64 Blue")
ah64:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue")
ah64:SetCoalition("sameonly")
ah64:SetTakeoff("cold")
ah64:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
ah64:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
ah64:Spawn(1)

local uh1=RAT:New("RAT-uh1", "UH-1 Blue")
uh1:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue")
uh1:SetCoalition("sameonly")
uh1:SetTakeoff("cold")
uh1:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
uh1:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
uh1:Spawn(1)

local ah1=RAT:New("RAT-ah1", "AH-1 Blue")
ah1:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue")
ah1:SetCoalition("sameonly")
ah1:SetTakeoff("cold")
ah1:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
ah1:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
ah1:Spawn(1)

local kc135=RAT:New("RAT-kc135", "KC-135 Blue")
kc135:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue")
kc135:SetCoalition("sameonly")
kc135:SetTakeoff("cold")
kc135:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
kc135:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
kc135:Spawn(1)

local e3a=RAT:New("RAT-e3a", "E-3A Blue")
e3a:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue")
e3a:SetCoalition("sameonly")
e3a:SetTakeoff("cold")
e3a:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
e3a:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
e3a:Spawn(1)

local c130=RAT:New("RAT-c130", "C-130 Blue")
c130:SetCoalitionAircraft("blue")
c130:SetCoalition("sameonly")
c130:SetTakeoff("cold")
c130:SetDeparture({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
c130:SetDestination({"Al Dhafra AB", "Al Minhad AB", "Al Maktoum Intl", "Dubai Intl", "Khasab", "Sharjah Intl", "Fujairah Intl"}) 
c130:Spawn(1)

I haven't updated it yet, to include a couple of new UAE airbases :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

• 2 weeks later...

Any RAT Civ and Mil Air scripts greatfully accepted :)

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Any RAT Civ and Mil Air scripts greatfully accepted :)

+1!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Any news on the Airbus A-330 that was being worked on?

I'd love to see more civil aircrafts on DCS :D

Thanks for bringing us this excellent Mod, it is a must-have on my DCS install.

Cheers!

Eduardo

This is such a fantastic mod, especially in conjunction with RAT. Kudos to you guys - thank you for the hard work!

Any plans to release some PSD layered files for the planes in the mod in order that other skinners can paint too? Would be nice to have the panel/rivet/grime detail you guys used, in layers. The amount of content for this mod would shoot off of the charts, and would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again and great job!

• 2 months later...

Maybe they went over the limit or they change the files? Wait a bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Fully Layered Skin Templates for Civil Aircraft Mod [un-official]

Hi Guys

For anyone wanting to make some skins for the jet Airliners in the Civil Aircraft Mod

I have made these,they are not perfect but they are individually Layered for LINES,WINDOWS and

ELEMENTS.

If like Me you have plenty of spare time during the Lockdown then these will help while away the hours skinning to your hearts content.

These are Gimp xcf file but should work with Photoshop

BUT if it doesnt try downloading Gimp[Free]

then open this Template >Export as [NOT Save As] a PSD format > then open in Photoshop

Have fun and stay Safe

Keith:thumbup:

CDk7Wqp.jpg

AIRBUS A320 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309266/

UkViv6z.jpg

AIRBUS A380 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309269/

vCb7LxX.jpg

Boeing 727 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309270/

6emAx6J.jpg

Boeing 737 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309283/

IPuuELv.jpg

Boeing 747 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309277/

dcWLlOX.jpg

Boeing 757 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309278/

Edited by Warlord64

Hi Guys

For anyone wanting to make some skins for the jet Airliners in the Civil Aircraft Mod

I have made these,they are not perfect but they are individually Layered for LINES,WINDOWS and ELEMENTS.....

Thanks for sharing them .. I've zero graphics ability, but I hope these templates will encourage more creative users to make more skins for the civil planes :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...