Invisible trains in multiplayer

Bounder

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 11:23 PM, NineLine said:

Unfortunately no, I had reported a bunch of issues, but it hasn't made it to the top of the list yet, I will keep pushing it when I can, sorry.

I would be happy just to be able to see them on F7 & F10 views so that we can at least keep track of them.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have this problem with the channel mapn in a "instant mission" called "train staffe" with the P-51D mustang.

I see that this is a long term waiting problem of some kind. Never the less, shouldn't this be sorted by now?

Please respond ED team.

Leo.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LPsniper said:

I have this problem with the channel mapn in a "instant mission" called "train staffe" with the P-51D mustang.

I see that this is a long term waiting problem of some kind. Never the less, shouldn't this be sorted by now?

Please respond ED team.

Leo.

The problem you are seeing is new, only since the last update. Prior to that trains were reliably visible in all Single Player missions, the problem reported in this post has been there since the Assets Pack was released, trains have never worked in Multiplayer.  Now that it is also a Single Player issue as well, it has been reported and might be fixed soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So unless I missed something, there was absolutely nothing done in today's update to fix the ability for trains to be seen in multi player.

Skyspin

• Like 1

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, Skyspin said:

So unless I missed something, there was absolutely nothing done in today's update to fix the ability for trains to be seen in multi player.

Skyspin

or F10 and F7 views either.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 4 weeks later...

iirc, if the "civilian traffic" setting is turned completly down/off in a/any participating client, the trains will not show up for those clients, even if deliberately populated.
They are environmental scenery objects after all, not mission objects part of an asset pack.
civ.PNG
But please treat this with caution, idek if you populate a track or actually place the object - I just wanted to help with information that lingered in the background of my distracted grey matter, for those that might glance at this (not for the OP, who by now hopefully knows... many years later 🤪 )

Edited by rogorogo

SO still keeping this line open.   WHEN is SOMEONE going to fix the trains in MULTI PLAYER.   i spent weeks developing a mission to intercept and destroy a train traveling to a port with Nuclear  Missiles aboard,  Lots of Intel to help locate the correct train,  and how to destroy it. worked out many bugs. AWESOME mission.  I loaded it up for my buddies and i to destroy the Midnight train out of Georgia.   Of course i hung back and let them search for it.  I knew where it was. .... i flew slow over the TOP OF IT SO THEY COULD SEE IT!!!!   oh sorry DCS cant be bothered to fix MULTI player so everyone can see train.  Mission EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!   -DCS- EPIC FAIL!!!!  

• Like 6

306th TFS Home of the "WILDHARE's" :pilotfly::gun_sniper: A10,F-14, F-15, F16, F18, AV88, UH1,KA 50, Oculus Rift ,Hotas Warthog, Stable & Beta, VRK :: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core 3.2 ghz, RAM- 32 GB, GeForce GTX 1070

I feel your pain! I've uploaded several missions and mission scenarios with multiple missions included and especially in the Normandy and Channel maps there is so much potential with the inclusion of trains for targeting and mission strategy. It's easy to tell that a lot of work has gone into the development of the trains and associated equipment including stations, rail yards, port facilities with railroad terminals and the like. Just a pity that this magnificent feature cannot be accessed and utilized. 

We really appreciate DCS and all that's been done in this area but I for one cannot understand why it (meaning the use of trains in multi player ) cannot be implemented.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

• Like 2

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 8:19 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

apologies this issue has been open to long, I will try and chase it up

thank you

Hi Bignewy,

Could I please request that we have an update on this? 

(I just wasted a lot of time making a mission and testing locally just to find that it won't work on multiplayer, to now find this thread while searching for what I did wrong, just to find it's a 4 year old bug with no feedback from ED as to whether it's going to be addressed or not).

I know the team is doing a great job - helicopters, clouds, and other great enhancements, the development on Vulcan, etc - and that they can't do everything -and I understand if some things will have to be put on hold - but what I can't get my head around is 4 years without any communication on this issue as to whether or not this is even been considered. 

FWIW I'd prefer it fixed, but I've got to be realistic and 4 years of silence tells me that it may never be addressed - so at least a pop-up dialog saying that trains are unusable when they're selected in the M.E. would be something. 

Also just any sort of update as to whether they brushed you off when you raised it, or actually took it seriously when you raised it with them would be appreciated. 

Thanks

- DZ

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

Hi Bignewy,

Could I please request that we have an update on this? 

(I just wasted a lot of time making a mission and testing locally just to find that it won't work on multiplayer, to now find this thread while searching for what I did wrong, just to find it's a 4 year old bug with no feedback from ED as to whether it's going to be addressed or not).

I know the team is doing a great job - helicopters, clouds, and other great enhancements, the development on Vulcan, etc - and that they can't do everything -and I understand if some things will have to be put on hold - but what I can't get my head around is 4 years without any communication on this issue as to whether or not this is even been considered. 

FWIW I'd prefer it fixed, but I've got to be realistic and 4 years of silence tells me that it may never be addressed - so at least a pop-up dialog saying that trains are unusable when they're selected in the M.E. would be something. 

Also just any sort of update as to whether they brushed you off when you raised it, or actually took it seriously when you raised it with them would be appreciated. 

Thanks

- DZ

This is one of the most famous development omissions/ product deficiencies to date. It's become a pretty long running joke now (next to the never-released C-47 AI asset).

• Like 6

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 6:52 AM, xvii-Dietrich said:

The Reichsbahn was critical to the logistics, deployment and distribution of the Wehrmacht and its materiél.

Ref: https://uncpress.org/book/9781469613963/the-most-valuable-asset-of-the-reich/

Normandy without any Axis trains, is like D-Day without any Allied ships.

Yeah absolutely. Cmon ED can we finally get this one sorted, my Jugs got some 500lb peices of live bait and wants to go locomotive fishing 😃

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 1:19 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all,

apologies this issue has been open to long, I will try and chase it up

thank you

Hello @BIGNEWY . Over a year ago, you said that this issue had already been open too long. Is there any hope of it getting fixed?

Trains are a vital part of the logistics of the Reich. They not only supply the German defences but, as a result, are a critical target for Allied aircraft, such as the P-47D Thunderbolt and the DH.98 Mosquito.

It is immensely frustrating that one of the main targets for these aircraft remain dysfunctional after so many years. Once again, like all those who have posted above, we entreat you to raise these important bugs within Eagle Dynamics and pressure not just for them being reported, but acknowledged and then actually fixed.

• Like 4

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

Hello @BIGNEWY . Over a year ago, you said that this issue had already been open too long. Is there any hope of it getting fixed?

Trains are a vital part of the logistics of the Reich. They not only supply the German defences but, as a result, are a critical target for Allied aircraft, such as the P-47D Thunderbolt and the DH.98 Mosquito.

It is immensely frustrating that one of the main targets for these aircraft remain dysfunctional after so many years. Once again, like all those who have posted above, we entreat you to raise these important bugs within Eagle Dynamics and pressure not just for them being reported, but acknowledged and then actually fixed.

Its frustrating for you and me, I know how important this is for WWII missions. I will again bump my report and see if it helps.

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2