Mirage 2000C Missing Feature/Bug list

ThirtykayDEC

In multiplayer if I set 2 waypoints and display them on the VTB, after I crash, die and get in a new mirage, the waypoints are no longer stored in the INS, but they still show on the VTB (of the new plane). If I then add new waypoints, the VTB doesn't update to show the correct location or number, it still shows the waypoints from the last plane I flew in. The HSI and INS do correctly erase when you get a new plane and do correctly show the location of the new waypoints, it's only the VTB display.

Also sometimes I will get scrambled numbers on the Lat/Long page in the new plane and have to enter the new coordinates multiple times before they 'stay'.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow,

just wanted to buy this bird 10 Minutes ago...

But after reading this...

In 2 years they dont get the a simple HUD brightness implemented? Really?

Now I bought the AV-8B N/A. This one at least is officially called "Early Access" and we have chances to get stuff fixed and added.

Edited by Vannipo

Wow,

just wanted to buy this bird 10 Minutes ago...

But after reading this...

In 2 years they dont get the a simple HUD brightness implemented? Really?

Now I bought the AV-8B N/A. This one at least is officially called "Early Access" and we have chances to get stuff fixed and added.

This list isn't updated, the refuel bug was fixed a month or so ago. The Mirage will receive updates, simply because the AdA is asking for fixes, would hardly imagine Razbam getting a partnership and not doing anything afterwards.

Also the Mirage works and is a brilliant module, it's not finished but it works well in every scenario a Mirage 2000C would be used for.

EDIT : Just looking at this list I can see a few that are working, were fixed and or are wrote in a way that makes them appear as much bigger missing features then they are, like "A/G RDI modes", it doesn't have any A/G modes, it's when using low PRF, BFR (btw the keybindings work just fine), with no doppler filtering so you see ground clutter.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's "B-scope mode" again? And what's "AdA" ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

What's "B-scope mode" again? And what's "AdA" ?

B-scope is AA radar scope, typically US fighter radar scope (F-15C, Hornet).

Mirage 2000 can switch between B-scope and PPI where azimuths are true.

AdA is French abbreviation for Armée de l'Air = French Air Force.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The fact that they are coding the Mirage on a daily basis to keep it up to date with DCS updates.

And the fact that they are working on the Mirage with AdA to improve and expand the plane.

We will see the results at the end of this year.

Everything on the video.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

oooh the projection design on radar screen, box or cone?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

oooh the projection design on radar screen, box or cone?

Yes:

- box = B-scope

- cone = PPI (Plan Projection Indicator)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_display

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

The fact that they are coding the Mirage on a daily basis to keep it up to date with DCS updates.

And the fact that they are working on the Mirage with AdA to improve and expand the plane.

Everything on the video.

I mean this is sort of where I stand on it. They say the AV-8B NA should be done by the end of the year, the M2000C should get a nice update by the end of the year, & I think the MiG-19P release by the end of the year.

They still have 4 months. If after that they have failed to meet expectations I will adjust my opinion. I did the same for Heatblur after the Tomcat got delayed a year, for them it comes down to how close to feature complete the bird is on release now.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Well you should look more closely as it is very easy to spot the error.

hint: check target aspect

That’s not a bug, this is a feature.

The target velocity vector remains true, even in B-scope.

That way you can see the locked target is going toward you.

This is a design choice.

Mirage fanatic !

That’s not a bug, this is a feature.

The target velocity vector remains true, even in B-scope.

That way you can see the locked target is going toward you.

This is a design choice.

Sorry but I am having hard time to believe that. Such implementation would make it oddball among all B-scopes out there... it makes it less sense than pointing vector at 6 o'clock to see it is going toward you...

Do you have any written reference for what you are claiming?

Sorry but I am having hard time to believe that.

Do you have any written reference for what you are claiming?

Do YOU have any reference for what you are saying? Just because you have a hard time believing it does not make it right, what kind of logic is that?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Everything on the video.

you use the word "fact" to state your own opinion. From where do you get your "facts" such as, they are coding the Mirage, and the Harrier and the Mig19 every day with the one and only coder they have: Zeus?

you use the word "fact" to state your own opinion. From where do you get your "facts" such as, they are coding the Mirage, and the Harrier and the Mig19 every day with the one and only coder they have: Zeus?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219441

Here.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Do YOU have any reference for what you are saying? Just because you have a hard time believing it does not make it right, what kind of logic is that?

Pretty much this would be the first B-scope display to have such unique frankenstein representation and thus I have expressed my doubts and I am willing to accept it if there is more than "he said she said".

In the mean time, you can produce some proof yourself.

Is a good thing to see first the monthly video.

And i think ignoring Cptsmiley as a coder is unkind

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I doubt that's a feauture. It's geometrically wrong in the B-scope planar representation, and leaves no space to actually show the full range of aspect angles.

This is a screenshot of a French Air Force or Dassault video clip (I don't remember) I took a long time ago.

This is a Mirage 2000-5 radar scope in B mode.

The TDC data is on top right corner. (bottom left on Mirage 2000C)

2 targets are being targeted.

The main one is the one on the left (bold +).

The target data are on the bottom right corner. (top of the scope on Mirage 2000C)

You can see at the bottom of the scope that the Mirage is flying heading 255°

Measuring the velocity vector in Photoshop I get 4° to 5° left.

255°-180°+5° = 080°

Target data: TT 080 :music_whistling:

Everyone is used to US fighters simulations (F-16, F-15C/E, F/A-18C/E...you name it).

With this display you can visualize the real target heading.

For the target aspect, in Mirage 2000C you have angle value at the end of the velocity vector.

You don't believe me ? Prove me wrong...

BSCAP196.JPG.02da2fea65645aa86e6f7d3f20b9663b.JPG

Mirage fanatic !

Ok I've had coffee now and the previous stuff I said didnt make much sense so I made this instead. On the right is the typical US B-scope, would you say the left one is an accurate depiction of the french one?

bscope.thumb.png.f24617e65276b4e1bbb1ba3a8a77a219.png

E: I've stared at this picture for 30 minutes now and I still can't make sense of the geometry. I need some coffee.

Edited by Vladinsky

Ok I've had coffee now and the previous stuff I said didnt make much sense so I made this instead. On the right is the typical US B-scope, would you say the left one is an accurate depiction of the french one?

[ATTACH]194205[/ATTACH]

E: I've stared at this picture for 30 minutes now and I still can't make sense of the geometry. I need some coffee.

No it isn't how US B-scope works.

The target is offset ~10° left.

So the velocity vector would be 15° left instead of 5° left.

Warning: on the F-16 the vector rotate by 22,5° increment.

1100832747_F-16B-Scope.thumb.jpg.ba5273911ccfe3f30441810a3d2eaa98.jpg

Mirage fanatic !