Re : Letter from ED

Fastpants

Hope there will also be an improved ATC (Air Traffic Control) with DCS 2.5

Since the new ATC has been mentioned by Wags a few times before, but then never mentioned again, I wonder what its status really is. I really hope that the merge to 2.5 will free up more resources to bring us that new ATC. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice letter, lots of words and i really, i mean really hope that they can show something more than words too. 2.5 would be really good to get for chrismas ;) With improved AI :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice letter, lots of words and i really, i mean really hope that they can show something more than words too. 2.5 would be really good to get for chrismas ;) With improved AI :)
Lots of expectations ... and no wonder after 2 years of waiting.

Curious what we'll get. Afraid of the unexpected errors, bugs, lost features and functionality. Especially the lost features or things "not working anymore". Which will result in errors in the system for the coming decade.

Wonder what the 2.5 brings in terms of "value" to flight simulation.

Wonder about the stability for system hosters.

Wonder about what it will bring in term of increased support and flexibility from the ED team.

I have many questions. Being honest here.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

You aren't alone on that score.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Going forward with the one unified version (Bugs and all), has to be better for everyone involved, especially ED's coders. I do hope we can finally move towards some good core stability and direction in DCS moving forward.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

It has to acutally happen first, but apart from that I´m really loving the direction things are going.

(I heard the announcement that it´s almost ready more than once before...)

Indeed! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Agree w MrDieing..... 'tis a hobby....... I joined the military in '77 bought me first 'puter early '79 APPLE ][+ which I still have... and still grinds away when I flash it up once in a bloo moon...... the first PGM..... subLogics FS1....... we all sat artound and ooooooed n awed.........rush home to "fly" after work...... gathered around that massive 12" -ish Green monitor........ immelman, barrel rolls...... and WTF no STALLs ;-)

Keep up the simply outstanding work you all do for us!!!!!!!!!!

TiGGs sends

Deadlines..... I love the sound when they go whooshing by.....

Windows 10 Pro w WARTHOG HOTAS and Crosswinds MFG Pedals;

i7 9700 @ 3.8GHz, Asus, 16 GB RAM; NVidia GTX 2070 GDDR5x VRam11Gb; 500Gb SSD; Oculus Rift S and a partridge in a pear tree :punk:

I remember that it was about this time last year when we were all coming to terms with not getting 2.5 by Christmas. It was a total bummer for everyone. At that time, no one ever thought that it would be a whole year before we saw it's release. They were speculating sometime mid year then.

I think I'll probably wait to download the new maps until we have a good grip on the ins and outs of it.

None the less......it's great to see it all starting to come together.

• Like 1

I remember that it was about this time last year when we were all coming to terms with not getting 2.5 by Christmas. It was a total bummer for everyone. At that time, no one ever thought that it would be a whole year before we saw it's release. They were speculating sometime mid year then.

I think I'll probably wait to download the new maps until we have a good grip on the ins and outs of it.

It's never late to announce this today :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Because the Original Plan was to simply port the Old DCS Caucasus as is to the T4 Engine, and Label that DCS 2.5.

That plan didn't pan out, as there were obvious issues w/ the old Caucasus in the new Engine.

Instead Caucasus was Literally re-built from the ground up w/:

-New Higher Resolution Terrain Mesh

-New Higher Resolution Textures

-New Object Textures

-New Airfield Textures

-New Collide-able Trees and Forrest

-New Deferred Shading and PBR Ready Assets.

-Extensions of the Map's Area.

And a bunch of under the hood stuff.

Caucasus for 2.5 is essentially and simply an entirely new map module, it's a huge Upgrade, some aspects remain, but the main parts have been upgraded.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

do guys think Caucasus will be the 'fullest or most detailed' map compared to NTTR and Normandy? Or will it be way better than the old one, but because its derived from the old and due to its sheer size won't be as detailed and high poly as the more recent ones?

do guys think Caucasus will be the 'fullest or most detailed' map compared to NTTR and Normandy? Or will it be way better than the old one, but because its derived from the old and due to its sheer size won't be as detailed and high poly as the more recent ones?

See post above yours.

New Caucasus / Caucasus 2.5, whatever you want to call it will use all of the technologies and items used in Nevada and Normandy.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Because the Original Plan was to simply port the Old DCS Caucasus as is to the T4 Engine, and Label that DCS 2.5.

That plan didn't pan out, as there were obvious issues w/ the old Caucasus in the new Engine.

Instead Caucasus was Literally re-built from the ground up w/:

-New Higher Resolution Terrain Mesh

-New Higher Resolution Textures

-New Object Textures

-New Airfield Textures

-New Collide-able Trees and Forrest

-New Deferred Shading and PBR Ready Assets.

-Extensions of the Map's Area.

And a bunch of under the hood stuff.

Caucasus for 2.5 is essentially and simply an entirely new map module, nothing from the old Caucasus was kept, every aspect has been re-done.

All very interesting stuff. ED must have been taking it harder than we on the forums then. At any rate, I feel like we're all on a roller coaster that's just about to the peak of the first drop. If indeed we do get 2.5 in a few weeks, it's gonna be one intense ride. I'm looking forward to it. I know that there will be some great stuff and as is the nature of this software, some disappointments. All I can say is that I have my seat belt fastened, and I'm holding on to the safety bar and looking forward to the ride. Been waitin on this for what seems like eternity.

... and I'm holding on to the safety bar...

That option will be available in a future update. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Oh, I must have missed this before! Is there some more info about this? What areas? Even if only small, it will still be nice.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3182623&postcount=94

Thanks!

Additional map area in the southern portion of the map Per the post above.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I predict a 2.5 release at the same time as SC 3.0 resulting in a total failure of the internet and commencement of the end of days.

lol, that'd be sweet!

gotta say I`m pretty excited about the DCS 2.5 announcement!

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum