** F-14 Road to Release + Christmas Update!! **

Cobra847

Duke nukem or 3d realms say its done when is done

what has "its done when its done" in common with "have you some pics to show?"...well, actually nothings...I know that we´ll see Stuff when its ment to be seen, but it might worth a try, doesnt it?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The encouraging thing is that when it's finally released, it will be in a better shape than other modules in early access. I think someone mentioned that it will feel almost complete in regards to FM and systems.

Thats for sure, and by reviewing the christmas update images clearly represents that Cobra didn´t wanted to show too much. They simply want to provide the complete thing...If I only would not be that much curious :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

yes I wish so too :) cobra but certainly more info who they are ready. Good things need stop, time. :)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Yeah...This is way way too silent, eerily silent...

One month ago it was "done" and now nothing at all. This is either, as Lieuie says "the calm before the storm" or something else..

HB, if you are reading this, know that is hurting us! An indication of just an announcement would be enough!

The good thing with HB unlike other devs is that they will give us a high quality product.

All heatblur does is awesome and worth the wait.

Other devs also deliver high quality products as well. All that differ is the release philosophy. For example RAZBAM releases products at more unfinished states than HB does but they don't pretend anything else. Everybody knows what he is buying and some features are missing. HB releases the products much more finished but the wait is longer.

In the end, both develop excellent modules. I agree it is worth the wait. Nobody wants to fall towards the ground, one engine burning and a wing missing, and knowing that the ejection seat is still WIP:D

Yeah...This is way way too silent, eerily silent...

One month ago it was "done" and now nothing at all. This is either, as Lieuie says "the calm before the storm" or something else..

HB, if you are reading this, know that is hurting us! An indication of just an announcement would be enough!

There is nothing to indicate currently apart from; we're working on it, and there is plenty of work still to be done before we go gold.

Not sure on exact timeframe for the next development update yet either.

We announced LANTIRN on 19th of February, FWIW :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

There is nothing to indicate currently apart from; we're working on it, and there is plenty of work still to be done before we go gold.

Not sure on exact timeframe for the next development update yet either.

We announced LANTIRN on 19th of February, FWIW :)

Patience is a virtue, I guess.

I fly this thing, until the joystick break :joystick:

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

:noexpression: ? Confused

I think we are all confused. The road to release seems more like a road to nowhere.

This was posted in the December update...

"The aircraft feels very much like a complete product (despite the in-game aircraft still being the Chromecat) - but we need some more time to migrate in all of our new art assets, and brush all of the dust away. The FM is complete, and most, if not all of the systems are Early Access or close to Early Access ready. Our team will be entering 2018 high on optimism and success".

and now this....

"There is nothing to indicate currently apart from; we're working on it, and there is plenty of work still to be done before we go gold. Not sure on exact timeframe for the next development update yet either".

I am getting less and less optimistic about the Tomcat and what kind of product we will get.

FYI...LANTIRN was announced 17th of January, not 19th of February which of course has not happened yet...

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Oh I have no doubts about the quality of the module HB will deliver. Just confused about the 19 Feb bit. However I know Cobra likes his little puzzles for us to solve but doubt he would make it as obvious as this.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I think we are all confused. The road to release seems more like a road to nowhere.

This was posted in the December update...

"The aircraft feels very much like a complete product (despite the in-game aircraft still being the Chromecat) - but we need some more time to migrate in all of our new art assets, and brush all of the dust away. The FM is complete, and most, if not all of the systems are Early Access or close to Early Access ready. Our team will be entering 2018 high on optimism and success".

and now this....

"There is nothing to indicate currently apart from; we're working on it, and there is plenty of work still to be done before we go gold. Not sure on exact timeframe for the next development update yet either".

I am getting less and less optimistic about the Tomcat and what kind of product we will get.

FYI...LANTIRN was announced 17th of January, not 19th of February which of course has not happened yet...

although I totally understand your anger as I feel as impatient as you do...but do you really believe that your post will speed anythings up? To be precise, its not very helpful, not for them and not for us. Sure, he could be a little more specific, but he might have his reasons not to be, so all we can do is to wait or care about somethings else to shorten the wait.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I'm expecting the F-14 to be somewhere towards the end of the year. I'm not complaining, I'm sure it's going to be an amazing product but I feel like the hype train left the station a little early on this one. I haven't seen anything to make me think it will be out in the first half of the year. Personally I'm going to hang up my hype for this one until I see early access presale.

Oh I have no doubts about the quality of the module HB will deliver. Just confused about the 19 Feb bit. However I know Cobra likes his little puzzles for us to solve but doubt he would make it as obvious as this.

That was just people riffing on they typo of saying they posted about something on 19 Feb, it was all just some fun.

"Chops"

although I totally understand your anger as I feel ter ias impatient as you do...but do you really believe that your post will speed anythings up? To be precise, its not very helpful, not for them and not for us. Sure, he could be a little more specific, but he might have his reasons not to be, so all we can do is to wait or care about somethings else to shorten the wait.

It’s not really anger but more frustration and confusion. As a potential customer, I would like as much info on the product as possible. We were given a release estimate of by the end of 2017. That has passed and we were given an update saying things were almost complete and to be optimistic. They also offered store credit for purchase. Now we are being told they have a lot of work to do and have no idea when the next update will be. It is a confusing and contradicting message. I am not looking to speed things up but as a potential customer, I want to know what I am getting and a little better idea of when we can expect it, especially now that they are offering to take our money.

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"