VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi,

I'm very new to Viacom pro,

sorry for the noob question...

while testing it I find it impossible to call the tanker, although it recognized my command, whenever I call tanker or Texaco to rejoin, it calls my flight to rejoin...

what is the magic word? :)

thank you

"Approaching for refuel" is the correct command for some reason. Check vaicom manual all commands are there.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Play around for a bit and actually use the radio, see if that fixes it. Happens to me seldomly, after DCS updates. Goes away quickly, especially if I use the radio a few times.

If not, try restarting Voice Attack and DCS, or deleting Export.lua and run a repair on DCS, just in case.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I fixed this by closing DCS and then having VoiceAttack started before starting DCS. Doesn't happen anymore!

Bonus question...Does VAICOM PRO have a voice command for telling Huey gunners to change ROE? (hold fire, return fire, free fire)

Hey all,

Hope someone can assist! I am currently failing miserably to get the module working again. I have tried reinstalling, setting up all the controls and settings again, but still fall at the last hurdle. As when I actually transmit and say "Request refuel" or anything else... I get this...

"There are currently no Crew recipients available."

I have searched and cannot find anything that actually relates to my problem associated with this comment. The only thing I found related to microphone setup, but my mic is set to rift and seems to be working OK.

I'm sure Im doing something obvious, but clearly not too me!!!

10:13:10 - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 release'

10:13:10 - There are currently no Crew recipients available.

10:13:10 - Recognized : 'request refuel'

10:13:07 - Listening resumed

10:13:07 - Joystick : 'Transmit TX4 press'

10:12:33 - Allied Flight (Springfield11): Springfield 1, passing waypoint 2 at 15000

10:12:29 - Nearest ATC: Sukhumi-Babushara.

10:12:29 - Player New callsign entered module F-14AB Tomcat, unit callsign Enfield11

10:12:29 - DCS mission | F-14B_IA_Caucasus_refueling

Easy coms are on.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

"Approaching for refuel" is the correct command for some reason. Check vaicom manual all commands are there.

Thanks!

will check that.

I have to wonder why do we need to learn new phrases while for years now the AI says to the tanker "request rejoin"... it's more intuitive to repeat what we heard and know already, right?...

Callsign   SETUP

Thanks!

will check that.

I have to wonder why do we need to learn new phrases while for years now the AI says to the tanker "request rejoin"... it's more intuitive to repeat what we heard and know already, right?...

LOL, I don't believe it, that was the problem. I just tried "approaching for refuel" and it works!!!

Now all I need to try and figure out is why their response is only text and not spoken???

Thanks!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Thanks!

will check that.

Have no idea, I struggled with the same... You can manually add any phrases tho, but I already got used approaching for refuel anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL, I don't believe it, that was the problem. I just tried "approaching for refuel" and it works!!!

Now all I need to try and figure out is why their response is only text and not spoken???

Thanks!

Well maybe because you're a native English speaker, it comes naturally to you.

I struggle ;)

Callsign   SETUP

Did VoiceAttack v1.7.5 break this module? After updating none of my Export.lua scripts seem to work.

2019-03-24 22:04:26.421 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportStart:<LUA_TTABLE>
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'try'
[string "C:\Users\riscf\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:48: in function 'Start'
[string "C:\Users\riscf\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:206: in function 'OtherLuaExportStart'
[string "C:\Users\riscf\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:208: in function <[string "C:\Users\riscf\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:205>.

EDIT: Figured it out. If you modify your Export.lua file, VAICOM will "fix" it, sometimes adding the VAICOM line twice if you modify it.

Edited by Stretch

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

[quote=Stretch;3856521

If you modify your Export.lua file, VAICOM will "fix" it, sometimes adding the VAICOM line twice if you modify it.

Good to know, thanks for posting your findings!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

This has unfortunately broken for me with the latest DCS update.

I've recently been suffering the flashing comms menu but have been able to fix this by resetting VAICOM from the control panel (everything except the licence). DCS had updated on Sunday and everything was fine after doing that.

DCS updated again last night, but despite another VAICOM reset I can't get any response to voice commands at all. PTT appears to be working fine, and I can see the mic levels at the bottom of the VA window. I just don't get any commands recognised, and I've no idea why.

Brilliant when it works, but so frustrating trying to figure things out when it doesn't.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Yeah I'm getting the flashing ICS menu, but also running Baileys F15 V1.5 not sure if there's a conflict.

Might have to uninstal the whole lot and start from scratch ??

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

This has unfortunately broken for me with the latest DCS update.

I've recently been suffering the flashing comms menu but have been able to fix this by resetting VAICOM from the control panel (everything except the licence). DCS had updated on Sunday and everything was fine after doing that.

DCS updated again last night, but despite another VAICOM reset I can't get any response to voice commands at all. PTT appears to be working fine, and I can see the mic levels at the bottom of the VA window. I just don't get any commands recognised, and I've no idea why.

Brilliant when it works, but so frustrating trying to figure things out when it doesn't.

I had this issue as well, I had to reload the DCS profile plugin after the update and all is back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Guys I-m having constant crashes with vaicom pro. Is there any log I can look into or share when a crash occurs? It is too constant, it does not works for more than an hour.

Alternatively, is there any option that i could try deactivating, or change the compatibility mode perhaps?

I had this issue as well, I had to reload the DCS profile plugin after the update and all is back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I will have to try it because I only started getting the flashing menu's after yesterday's update. When you say reload you mean import a new profile? I would have to add my additional commands again uugghh

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

I will have to try it because I only started getting the flashing menu's after yesterday's update. When you say reload you mean import a new profile? I would have to add my additional commands again uugghh

Reload the same DCS profile that you currently have. I did this expecting to have to re-do some items but everything was still there when I reimported. Save a backup of your current profile first just in case.

I actually had the flashing menu from the update before last, it’s annoying but it seemed to be isolated to just the menu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I solved this by pointing the custom path of Vaicom Pro to my OB folder and then restarting VoiceAttack (make sure DCS is closed while you do this)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Copy of my posting in the F-14 section:

Hi,

a weird problem of which I´m not sure it´s a Tomcat problem, but as I only have it in the F-14 here it is:

After yesterdays patch I was flying and everything was allright, today (before today´s hotfix!) suddenly all my mappings of my Warthog (stick only, throttle is ok) are messed up, without me changing or doing anything.

For example trim isn´t mapped at all anymore and everything else is just random stuff all over the place.

Only the Tomcat seems to have that problem.

Nothing too wild as I will just remap it, but I thought I´d mention it.

edit: now that I´ve wrote it: What I did before was to update VAICOM Pro, which said that the AIRIO-package is now supported. Will post this also in the VAICOM thread, maybe something went wrong there although I don´t know if that could have any influence.

I solved this by pointing the custom path of Vaicom Pro to my OB folder and then restarting VoiceAttack (make sure DCS is closed while you do this)

I had a problem earlier in the week with Vaicom, Voiceattack would not be able to find the DCS install. I currently have only the Openbeta installed, so I used the custom directory option and the OB check mark. I solved it by starting VA as an administrator. I forgot to set that when I reinstalled.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

+++ NEWS UPDATE: AIRIO Dialog extension released! +++

Hi guys - I'll be getting back to to some of your questions.

In the meantime: AIRIO is out!

http://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Get your license key here:

https://www.vaicompro.com/get-license.html

Make sure to carefully follow the included install instructions,

in the User Manual you'll find some more info on page 36 and on the

reference tables pages 53-58.

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_user_manual.pdf

More updates to follow, for now: enjoy! :beer:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Damn can't wait to test RIO today and get rid of the annoying menu wheel.

Thank you!

Me too. RIO Menu wheel is quite a work.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hollywood_315 what are your plans for VAICOM if/when ED implement new AI/ATC logic ? Do you plan to re-design to make it compaitible ? They also work on new ATC for Carriers which should be coming rather soon than later (2 weeks ?)

I bought vaicom and oh man what a difference... it works suprisingly well. Honestly I was a bit pesimistic about the voice reckognition quality and remembering all the commands but it turns out work good so far as long as you spent the time to slowly practice different aspects of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the RIO module, instantly bought it even before reading the manual, that said: you say that Jester Menu Wheel and your Plugin are mutually exclusive. Any chance that may be added (back?) in at a later date?

I really like the Menu Wheel and would love to have it as an alternative / a backup when voice recognition fails.

Thanks a lot! :)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H