VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

1 minute ago, Dodge said:

It's good to 'see/read' that it seems that the developer is ok and nothing disastrous had occurred to him🙂 And, a bonus that he has now released his software for free (GPL) as well as the source code (GPL). I'm looking forward in seeing how the community comes together to continue support of this software 👍

Does this release fix Vaicom in 2.8 or is the community patch still needed?

• Like 1

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Wow, this was unexpected…

First, good news is that hollywood315 seems to be OK! 

Second great news that Vaicom is unlocked! So, big true thank you to hollywood315!!!!!

And third, an ever bigger thank you to the marvelous guys in this community making Vaicom work with OB2.8!!!

Thank you all involved!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Just now, RogueRunner said:

Does this release fix Vaicom in 2.8 or is the community patch still needed?

It unlikely as there are no notes to indicate that his recently 'free' release has any 'fix' in place (I'm not aware of anyone that has installed it since - although that's only a matter of time).

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

Awesome news! This means that Vaicom pro will remain with us in the future and hopefully keep improving with the help of the great community. 

For now I will postpone updating to 2.8 and leave my vaicom intact to see how this plays out. I am not sure if I will have to reinstall the free version now, but I will wait and see untill the community had the chance to get into it with a more stable fix for 2.8 and beyond. 

• Like 2

Sorry up front, as I only just tuned in now and noticed that apparently a lot is going on regarding VAICOM. Maybe still to early to say, or already answered somewhere else, but:

1. Is there any news directly from Holywood_315? Is it confirmed he's ok?
  2. Do I understand correctly that all VAICOM addons have been released for free now? (also the radio chatter addon for instance?)
  3. Do I understand correctly that from the community, there is now a fix for VAICOM in regards to DCS 2.8?
  4. Does this fix, also by any chance enable VAICOM for the Apache?
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just now, sirrah said:

Sorry up front, as I only just tuned in now and noticed that apparently a lot is going on regarding VAICOM. Maybe still to early to say, or already answered somewhere else, but:

1. Is there any news directly from Holywood_315? Is it confirmed he's ok?
  2. Do I understand correctly that all VAICOM addons have been released for free now? (also the radio chatter addon for instance?)
  3. Do I understand correctly that from the community, there is now a fix for VAICOM in regards to DCS 2.8?
  4. Does this fix, also by any chance enable VAICOM for the Apache?

1. Someone updated VAICOMPRO official website. It's not definitive proof, but most likely him.

2. GPL License, including the source code.

3. The fix happened before the GPL license, so they're probably now working on integrating the fix into a new forked version of the software.

4. Check the Discord server for reports. Up to this point, it seems that all's working except for Kneeboards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomcat_driver said:

1. Someone updated VAICOMPRO official website. It's not definitive proof, but most likely him.

2. GPL License, including the source code.

3. The fix happened before the GPL license, so they're probably now working on integrating the fix into a new forked version of the software.

4. Check the Discord server for reports. Up to this point, it seems that all's working except for Kneeboards

Ok, thanks for bringing me up to speed mate 👍 

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

4 minutes ago, tomcat_driver said:

Just to confirm if I understood correctly. Does the GPL, including source code mean that the kneeboard will probably get fixed as well in this first community release right? Will this result in continued existence including adaptation to new modules and new ATC from Vaicom in the future? At least the possibility to adjust the software accordingly is here now right?

1 minute ago, Ramtin said:

Just to confirm if I understood correctly. Does the GPL, including source code mean that the kneeboard will probably get fixed as well in this first community release right? Will this result in continued existence including adaptation to new modules and new ATC from Vaicom in the future? At least the possibility to adjust the software accordingly is here now right?

GPL means that anybody, you, me, ED, an organized group of individuals can fork the source code and release a variation of software.

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb Ramtin:

We all don’t know, we just have to wait. But I think the project has much better chances now that the whole community can work on it rather than one single developer. 

• Like 2

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

Hi all, 

thanks for all the postings and keeping the community informed.

Unfortunately, I still have issues with the kneeboard! It doesnt populate with any mission details at all.

Also, I cannot manually call the ingame comms menus up (either RAlt \ or RCtrl \) when running 2.8 and the new downloaded VAICOM Pro. Or even communicate using VIACOM to say a tanker or airfield or carrier.

I have also noticed that easy comms ON in the VAICOM Pro PTT display, when in fact I have EASY COMMS OFF ingame.- they seem to get out of sink.

Has anyone else overcome these issues?

kind regards

mark

vor 39 Minuten schrieb markcam4:

Hi all, 

thanks for all the postings and keeping the community informed.

Unfortunately, I still have issues with the kneeboard! It doesnt populate with any mission details at all.

Also, I cannot manually call the ingame comms menus up (either RAlt \ or RCtrl \) when running 2.8 and the new downloaded VAICOM Pro. Or even communicate using VIACOM to say a tanker or airfield or carrier.

I have also noticed that easy comms ON in the VAICOM Pro PTT display, when in fact I have EASY COMMS OFF ingame.- they seem to get out of sink.

Has anyone else overcome these issues?

kind regards

mark

Have you followed all guidelines of the 2.8 fix posted on discord?

• Like 1

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

We are working on a more permenat fix now that Hollywood has open sourced it. We are also putting together a Dev team to keep it running and potentially add to it. It will take us a few days to get a clean .dll that will make it functional in DCS 2.8.xxxxx with minimal messing around. At the moment there is a fix on our Discord. (with messing around)

https://discord.gg/7c22BHNSCS

I would like to publically acknowledge Hollywood_315 for the awesome advancement of VR flying in DCS. Without his work VR DCS would still be fringe at best. He bridged the gap with Vaicom Pro.
Thankyou on behalf of the rest of us.

Edited by PeneCruz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

vor 8 Minuten schrieb PeneCruz:

We are working on a more permenat fix now that Hollywood has opened sourced it. We are also putting together a Dev team to keep it running and potentially add to it. It will take us a few days to get a clean .dll that will make it functional in DCS 2.8.xxxxx with minimal messing around. At the moment there is a fix on our Discord. (with messing around)

https://discord.gg/7c22BHNSCS

I would like to publically acknowledge Hollywood_315 for the awesome advancement of VR flying in DCS. Without his work VR DCS would still be fringe at best. He bridged the gap with Vaicom Pro.
Thankyou on behalf of the rest of us.

That’s just awesome, many thanks in advance to all people investing their time into this project!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Just took the Tomcat out for a spin. Radios and AIRIO works, but not the kneeboard currently!

I personally never got much into using the Kneeboard feature.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Just now, MAXsenna said:

Handy for JTAC, but I'm sure it will be fixed now VAICOM's gone open source. emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

:thumbup:

Yeah I can see where it would, I took a shortcut (cheat) and just used the Take commands to get what I wanted lol - take 1, take 2, take 3 etc

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Credits to Hollywood_315 by making, of what I can only assume, a very tough decision.

Hope you are doing well!

• Like 2

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

I still got no functioning Comms menu... 😕 Don't know what I do wrong. installed it updated to the leatest version. Functionality still gone...

... it needs some extra steps and files to get it working right now ... (from the Vaicom Pro Community Discord)

Edited by Griefhard

22 minutes ago, Griefhard said:

I still got no functioning Comms menu... 😕 Don't know what I do wrong. installed it updated to the leatest version. Functionality still gone...

Same, is there a fix as yet?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.