VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

It would be so great if ED itself created a similar software. They could even sell it as a separate module. There are so many people who want to support ED, but don't want to buy additional planes. 

Edited by Hive
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Griefhard said:

Look ... it was not supposed for Vaicom Pro to die. Something real bad must have happened to Hollywood, since he was super active and always updated his project. And with "real bad" I mean terminal, dead, coma or something else real disastrous. He even cannot check the forums, which he did.

So. Vaicom Pro died an unexpected death and we now have to deal with it. One can play DCS without it and it is not the responsibility for the devs to keep an outdated mod running. It's the responsibility of the developer to upgrade. 

It is very unfortunate, but my guess is, neither will Vaicom Pro receive any updates, nor will the sourcecode be passed on.

But maybe there is someone out there, that can make stuff like this happening. As I said, the DCS Bios / Flightpanels guys do something similar to switchboards, but not ATC, yet. 

But I think it's kinda dumb to make ED responsible for not keeping their code aligned with an outdated mod.

And for the Supercarrier ... That's your opinion. Read about it, a lot of people complained for the Supercarrier to be a paid module at all. And I like the addition of moving clouds and rainbows, because it's freaking awesome!

Thanks for your response.

VAICOM has been probably abandoned but is magnificient piece of software. Didn't die by himself. Simply ED have cut it out by changing something in the network interface (sockets). As soon as I have some time I'll write a small program to test sockets in 2.8

But I read in the forum that some people are complaining that other add-ons have ceased to work as well.

ED is not supposed to take VAICOM under their wing it if they don't want to. But there is no need to shut the door and cut it out especially if they cannot prove themselves to be ready to provide good ATC solutions shortly.

To tell the truth I'm not trusting ED so much now. I wouldn't be surprised if DCS was abandoned in the future  if ED don't enlarge their visionI wouldn't be surprised if DCS would be abandoned in the future  if ED doesn't enlarge their vision

Like someone wrote we ara a niche and they have limited resources.

Partnership is the main way for the future. Most big companies have already understood it by ages

In any case: 2.8 is an openBETA. Hopefully ED is monitoring reactions and will amend if possibile.

Edited by TBarina
Typos
  • Like 6

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI RTX 4090, 64GB DRAM, 2 x 1TB SSD, Triple Monitor 1920x1080p, Win11-Home

3 hours ago, TBarina said:

Those are not nonsense to me. Imagine what could have happened to all the add-ons (take a tour in www.aerosoft.com) if Microsoft made modifications to FSX without guaranteeing compantibillity.

We are a small community and since ED has limited resources it's crazy not to open to the community and create valid partnerships with those the have proved to be able to develop very useful an robust add-ons.

Frankly, I say again, I'm fed up with rainbows, moving clouds, new similar aircrafts once a day that nobody will have time to learn and fly.

I'd rather spend money on other things that add global immersion (Supercarrier is a real examples that demostrates how they can really respond to community requests. It's Early Access, I know and more has to come even if it will require monts or years. But was it not desolating to take off or land on empty deck?

Same is with ATC.

We have been getting away with VAICOM so far but it's crazy to cut it out.
On my side, I can easily build VA profiles and, since I'm a C# developer I could even integrate VA with a plugin) but let VAICOM die is stupid. It can be a valid alternative until ATC is relaeased by ED, if they will.

Surely VA is not the same as VAICOM but you can setup a bunch of voice command in VA like "Take 1", "Take 2" .... "Take 12"  binding them to F1, F2, ... F12.

Im with you all the way. The more we can contribute with developpement its win-win. We are a small community bit very passionate.

Edited by tomcat_driver
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TBarina said:

Better do that by using voice commands by means of VoiceAttack. Very easy to do in the same way as Vaicom did (Options, Take 1, Take 2, etc.).

I do the same.  Button to open Comms Menu and using Take 1, Take 2, etc.. Only option for me at the moment.

30 minutes ago, Drac said:

I do the same.  Button to open Comms Menu and using Take 1, Take 2, etc.. Only option for me at the moment.

Yeah I had thought of doing the same. 

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

16 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

This is encouraging, but I might be missing something, as I can find "Ready Precontact" but I can't find "Request Rejoin / Approaching for Refueling". 

Likewise "Inbound", "Request Landing Clearance", "See You at 10", "Kissoff", "Request Startup", "Request Taxi Clearance", "Request Take off" are a few others that appear be missing from the FA18 for starters. (I don't fly the F14 to know how much is missing from the Jester wheel). 

Would it be worth working together to list all of all the missing options, and then petition ED to add these as communication options in the controls?

Another option I can think of requesting is adding "No Auto-Menu", so that the menu won't pop up automatically. (With ED making more changes with integrity checks - having these options native within the application is becoming more of a requirement). 

I don't want to start a new 'wish list' thread without having a list of all the things missing first, (or by looking like a dingbat and requesting stuff that already exists), so maybe we can work together here to get a list of all the options we need, and then start a wishlist thread. The more +1's on it as well - hopefully the more attention it would get by ED. 

its not just those, the AIRIO was one way of getting rid of the awful JESTER WHEEL.

• Like 3

zprwsp-6.png

6 hours ago, Drac said:

LSO: "Call the ball..."

Pilot: "Options, Take 5, Take 1..."

Great example of radio communication that complies with US Navy procedures! 🙂

Cheers

Just now, TBarina said:

LSO: "Call the ball..."

Pilot: "Options, Take 5, Take 1..."

Great example of radio communication that complies with US Navy procedures! 🙂

Cheers

Clouds are moving though... 🙂

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI RTX 4090, 64GB DRAM, 2 x 1TB SSD, Triple Monitor 1920x1080p, Win11-Home

26 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

You can map ball call to a single keypress

I know, thanks. I was joking 🙂

I have complex profiles in VA that complement VAICOM for managing Intercom in Huey.

You can get a lot out of VA but not all you can do with the aid of VAICOM.

Simply it's not the same otherwise it wasn't worth buying VAICOM

Edited by TBarina
  • Like 1

Gang, don't delete your Vaicom just yet.  There is a fix that is being worked on in the Discord community.  They have got Vaicom working correctly again and are putting together a zipped file and install directions.  It has been tested and everything seems to work.  Should be out in a day or two.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Tshark:

Gang, don't delete your Vaicom just yet.  There is a fix that is being worked on in the Discord community.  They have got Vaicom working correctly again and are putting together a zipped file and install directions.  It has been tested and everything seems to work.  Should be out in a day or two.

Can confirm it. Tested the file and got it back running for now!

• Like 3

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

10 minutes ago, TimSell75 said:

Can confirm it. Tested the file and got it back running for now!

Appreciate that we can still map and ball call again 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tshark said:

https://tenor.com/view/leia-youre-my-only-hope-star-wars-gif-14502241

thanks so much 🎉 i was holding back 2.8 just to keep vaicom going!

Edited by HILOK
  • Like 1

It's good to 'see/read' that it seems that the developer is ok and nothing disastrous had occurred to him🙂 And, a bonus that he has now released his software for free (GPL) as well as the source code (GPL). I'm looking forward in seeing how the community comes together to continue support of this software 👍

• Like 2

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)